Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next two playable races

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talahar
01.16.2013 , 11:25 PM | #41
Please no species with unusual headbits or headforms until they have a solution for hoods and headtentacles.
We already have Twi'lek that can't wear hoods or have disappearing lekku when they wear certain masks.
We really don't need more of that bullthingy.
But make no mistake, I do want to be able to play Togruta and Kel'Dor and what have you,
but I want them to do it RIGHT. Seriously, Bioware, Twi'lek players are complaining about this since launch.
Get something going on this already.
Darth Banish, Twi'Lek Sorcerer 55, The Progenitor
Major Gyllian Talahar, Human Commando 53, The Progenitor
Captain Galen Talahar, Human Gunslinger 38, The Progenitor
SGR Supporter

Asuka
01.16.2013 , 11:25 PM | #42
More likely to see a race that doesn't require BW to make all new sets of armor to fit said race properly and one that speaks basic.

Talahar
01.17.2013 , 12:06 AM | #43
And I really doubt that we will still see faction division when it comes to new species.
The way to unlock current species as free to play is unlock them on your legacy, which will give you access
to them for both factions. Stands to reason that any new species will be unlocked along the same lines.
(Never mind that I find it icky that legacy unlocks are only for one server, not the account. Seriously, what the fork?)
Darth Banish, Twi'Lek Sorcerer 55, The Progenitor
Major Gyllian Talahar, Human Commando 53, The Progenitor
Captain Galen Talahar, Human Gunslinger 38, The Progenitor
SGR Supporter

antwillgreen
01.17.2013 , 12:10 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
First they are species, not races.

Second, numerous threads already exist on this topic. Take the time to run a search and post in those, rather than starting a new thread.
Species race same idea
Ya you can guess what finger i'll be having up at your idea of what the "Real Star Wars" is.

Smashbrother
01.17.2013 , 12:56 AM | #45
I'd really like to see races that weren't just recolored humanoids.

Costello
01.17.2013 , 01:13 AM | #46
I really hope we will see some of the races associated with the Hutt Underworld as playable to tie in with rise of the Hutt Cartel. As such my vote would go for

Trandoshian those loveable bounty hunters
Gran the lovable 3 eyed custodians of Jabbas palace.

Babyduck
01.17.2013 , 01:24 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.
Unfortunately this yet another example of BioWare NOT listening to it's customers base. This game would be far more popular if people could play species like wookies,droids,hutts and so on. I'm sorry but your story often gets in the way of having fun!
Member of Squadron 11-11-11

SithKoriandr
01.17.2013 , 01:39 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Babyduck View Post
Unfortunately this yet another example of BioWare NOT listening to it's customers base. This game would be far more popular if people could play species like wookies,droids,hutts and so on. I'm sorry but your story often gets in the way of having fun!
I'm part of the subscribing playerbase and I find most of the non speaking aliens annoying to listen to.

Sooo...maybe they ARE listening to it's customers.

Babyduck
01.17.2013 , 01:43 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I'm part of the subscribing playerbase and I find most of the non speaking aliens annoying to listen to.

Sooo...maybe they ARE listening to it's customers.
Have a look at the long running poll on new races. Wookiees and Droids have a lot of votes, last time I checked Wookiees had the most votes.

Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll is the thread name. BioWare doesn't like for us to link to other topics so I won't provide a link. I can update that wookiee is no longer the top vote getter in that poll but it is still very popular with the third most votes.
Member of Squadron 11-11-11

Laurreth
01.17.2013 , 02:21 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.
Dammit, there go the Ortolans! (By the way, where are the merchandise Ortolan plushies?)

Also on that note, you could really record a few more "non-standard" phrases to drop into standard conversations and make them a bit more diverse.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi