Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next two playable races

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CelCawdro
01.29.2013 , 09:24 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
This is kinda how I feel but doesn't stop me getting angry at the lack of info, replies and decent info and taking out my fustration on the forums. Its a good job the Dev's dont read these forums or they would probably be upset with all the angry posts. We are not all this angry all the time honest.
I used to get mad at video games, but then I grew up. I don't mean that as patronizing or anything, but in the grand scheme of things, no game is worth getting worked up over. It's a hobby. It's a game. It's intended for pleasure. And once a game stops serving that purpose, that is the moment you should move on. No game is worth additional stress. Life has enough of it as is.

Vitas
01.29.2013 , 09:44 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
I used to get mad at video games, but then I grew up. I don't mean that as patronizing or anything, but in the grand scheme of things, no game is worth getting worked up over. It's a hobby. It's a game. It's intended for pleasure. And once a game stops serving that purpose, that is the moment you should move on. No game is worth additional stress. Life has enough of it as is.
What I believe where most of the frustration from players stems from is the fact that this an MMO based on a popular IP featuring a wide universe to explore. With MMOs based on an existing IP, many see this as an oppertunity to be in their favourite universe and feel as if they're really there. This leads to players wanting to visit the world they know about, the species which they desire to become because of previous franchise media. Unlike Planetside, Everquest or Maple Story where because it's an original IP, what they offer is unique gameplay and story, which if any, is what compliments it. But in the case of Star Wars which has been around since 1977, 76 if you count the novelization, it's where story and lore take the main focus and gameplay is what helps provide the means of allowing us to explore that universe but still following the traditional MMO mechanics.

You may not see the game in this light but this how most, especially Star Wars fans, see it and it's through this that we see the potential it can bring to allow us to play as our desired species and explore our favourite worlds from a franchise which has existed for decades.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

CelCawdro
01.29.2013 , 09:54 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
What I believe where most of the frustration from players stems from is the fact that this an MMO based on a popular IP featuring a wide universe to explore. With MMOs based on an existing IP, many see this as an oppertunity to be in their favourite universe and feel as if they're really there. This leads to players wanting to visit the world they know about, the species which they desire to become because of previous franchise media. Unlike Planetside, Everquest or Maple Story where because it's an original IP, what they offer is unique gameplay and story, which if any, is what compliments it. But in the case of Star Wars which has been around since 1977, 76 if you count the novelization, it's where story and lore take the main focus and gameplay is what helps provide the means of allowing us to explore that universe but still following the traditional MMO mechanics.

You may not see the game in this light but this how most, especially Star Wars fans, see it and it's through this that we see the potential it can bring to allow us to play as our desired species and explore our favourite worlds from a franchise which has existed for decades.
That's all well and good, but it still doesn't warrant anger, directed at the developers or otherwise.

Senga_J
01.29.2013 , 10:07 PM | #264
I'd like to see nautolan as a playable race.
POT5 Level 55's:
Serdatt (PT) Zerriest (Sin) Asareng (Mara)

Vitas
01.30.2013 , 04:27 AM | #265
One diminutive species which fits the criteria that BioWare claims will allow a species to become playable, and which I believe would be perfect, is the Lannik:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lannik

Lannik speak basic fluently and would be able to romance. The only issue would be the size of the armor and their ears clipping but I don't think that'd be difficult to handle. Other than that, they're what the devs claim to be a possible species to implement and they're close to looking alien. One concern players might have is the camera height in cutscenes but that's something you wouldn't have to worry about because it automatically aligns with the player's height as shown a while back with the tiny player bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfSO6f2_l9Y
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Goretzu
01.30.2013 , 04:32 AM | #266
One diminutive species which fits the criteria that BioWare claims will allow a species to become playable, and which I believe would be perfect, is the Lannik:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lannik

Lannik speak basic fluently and would be able to romance. The only issue would be the size of the armor and their ears clipping but I don't think that'd be difficult to handle. Other than that, they're what the devs claim to be a possible species to implement and they're close to looking alien. One concern players might have is the camera height in cutscenes but that's something you wouldn't have to worry about because it automatically aligns with the player's height as shown a while back with the tiny player bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfSO6f2_l9Y

You'll never see a race that isn't a re-coloured human, or a human body with an "alien" head, too much developement work.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Cleet_Xia
01.30.2013 , 05:55 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
You'll never see a race that isn't a re-coloured human, or a human body with an "alien" head, too much developement work.
Fortunately nearly all of the aliens in the SW films were actually played by real live human beings wearing masks over their faces !!!

Redaction ~ nearly all in the GOOD SW films.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

MuratReis
01.30.2013 , 07:13 AM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyrinna View Post
I thought I'd start a discussion on what people hoped to see as the next two playable races. Me personally I hope to see a Togruta for Republic and a Rodian for Empire.

What do you guys hope are next two?
(1) Mon Calamari

(2) Wookiee
''Ralph McQuarrie is the gentle giant of the Star Wars Universe.'' George Lucas

Dzan
02.03.2013 , 05:37 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Agree with you.Have those thoughts.If game has stress you than you really need stop playing for some time, cause it lost positive association for you.I already made 2 breaks from tor and when i coming back i start enjoying this game cagain.So people don't worry, be happy as Bob Marley sings.

Dzan
02.03.2013 , 05:39 AM | #270

Also agree with this point of view.