Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 manning HMs

ADPowah
05.29.2012 , 02:34 PM | #21
Thanks for the guides, my brother and me have done Kaon Under Siege a few times now. There are really only two areas where we get tripped up if we aren't focused; the Behemoth (sometimes his knock backs can really ruin your rhythm), and multiple infected mercenaries (at one point you get jumped and need to handle two, it can be tough). Loved your guides and loving the new gear.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

Cytherion
05.29.2012 , 02:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ADPowah View Post
Thanks for the guides, my brother and me have done Kaon Under Siege a few times now. There are really only two areas where we get tripped up if we aren't focused; the Behemoth (sometimes his knock backs can really ruin your rhythm), and multiple infected mercenaries (at one point you get jumped and need to handle two, it can be tough). Loved your guides and loving the new gear.
thats good to hear! If mercs are a pain, after you kill the rakhghoul, you can skip the double merc packs by hugging the left wall and walk along the left wall to bypass the 2 mercenary group

TheEvilEeyore
05.29.2012 , 04:17 PM | #23
you could probably do most FP's with companions to be honest. my nadia can do almost 1000 dps. a fully geared zenith is even higher.

tank helaer combo with raid geared pets could duo most in game i will bet except ones that require clicking and such like Lost isle.
Prim - 50 Jedi Sage - Krayiss Obelisk

USCG_Davis
05.29.2012 , 09:58 PM | #24
Let me start off by saying this is an awesome thread...i really enjoy all of the ways people have expanded on the normal hm fp's. Our guild has cleared story mode denova and nightmare kp and ev and we were the server first clear of hm lost island. We got hit pretty hard with D3 coming out losing 5 or 6 of our #1 raid team. So to keep up the raids, we started 4 manning ev and kp normal. While it doesnt drop higher gear tiers for us, it keeps the game incredibly fun. Our team is a jug tank in 3 rakata pieces not including main and off hand. Then a sorc healer in 4/5 rakata, a sorc lighting dps with 1 piece of rakata the rest columi and then myself as a sorc madness dps with 1 piece of black hole gear and all the rest rakata. While some would argue that were over geared for the raid, we still hit enrage on some bosses. Weve found the hardest fight is the turrets before the annihilator droid in ev. The turrets seem to eat us up if we dont stand exactly in the right spot behind the first turret. We've yet to try any of the hm fp's 2 man though so ill bring it up to our gm. Just curious on what you guys think would be the ideal team to 2 man the fp's? Weve started to get enough raiders back to where we have all classes raid geared. So to all of you who have done this before, what have ya'll found works the best in tandem?

USCG_Davis
05.29.2012 , 10:11 PM | #25
Let me start off by saying this is an awesome thread...i really enjoy all of the ways people have expanded on the normal hm fp's. Our guild has cleared story mode denova and nightmare kp and ev and we were the server first clear of hm lost island. We got hit pretty hard with D3 coming out losing 5 or 6 of our #1 raid team. So to keep up the raids, we started 4 manning ev and kp normal. While it doesnt drop higher gear tiers for us, it keeps the game incredibly fun. Our team is a jug tank in 3 rakata pieces not including main and off hand. Then a sorc healer in 4/5 rakata, a sorc lighting dps with 1 piece of rakata the rest columi and then myself as a sorc madness dps with 1 piece of black hole gear and all the rest rakata. While some would argue that were over geared for the raid, we still hit enrage on some bosses. Weve found the hardest fight is the turrets before the annihilator droid in ev. The turrets seem to eat us up if we dont stand exactly in the right spot behind the first turret. We've yet to try any of the hm fp's 2 man though so ill bring it up to our gm. Just curious on what you guys think would be the ideal team to 2 man the fp's? Weve started to get enough raiders back to where we have all classes raid geared. So to all of you who have done this before, what have ya'll found works the best in tandem?

ADPowah
05.30.2012 , 10:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEvilEeyore View Post
you could probably do most FP's with companions to be honest. my nadia can do almost 1000 dps. a fully geared zenith is even higher.

tank helaer combo with raid geared pets could duo most in game i will bet except ones that require clicking and such like Lost isle.
Well I think this post is less about how geared people can solo content and more about how the "un-geared" can gear up using two man HM FPs.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

ccoolmint
05.30.2012 , 11:43 AM | #27
Thank you Cytherion for making your guide and replying to this thread, because of your guide my friend and I were able to beat kaon and Battle for Ilum hard mode and we are now working on FE.

Cytherion
05.30.2012 , 01:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ccoolmint View Post
Thank you Cytherion for making your guide and replying to this thread, because of your guide my friend and I were able to beat kaon and Battle for Ilum hard mode and we are now working on FE.
Awesome! If you can beat Battle of Ilum, False Emperor is only a matter of time.