Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 manning HMs

DarkDisturbed
05.21.2012 , 06:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ccoolmint View Post
so what do you think my chances of doing this are with a tank with no cc?
Hmm, not sure. I duo shadow it and I can skip most of the mobs because we can just stealth cc and get by them. I know its doable though, because a guardian and a sage have done it in my guild, but they're both rakata/campaign mixed with rakata companions.

ccoolmint
05.21.2012 , 07:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Hmm, not sure. I duo shadow it and I can skip most of the mobs because we can just stealth cc and get by them. I know its doable though, because a guardian and a sage have done it in my guild, but they're both rakata/campaign mixed with rakata companions.
how many wipes did you have?

dipstik
05.22.2012 , 12:36 PM | #13
kaon was pretty easy 2 man

ill try the other 2 mans. as a healer, trying to solo stuff is not as easy as on my gaurdian or shadow tanks.

Cytherion
05.22.2012 , 12:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Soloable:
Taral 5 (Republic)
Black Talon (Empire)

Duoable:
Kaon
False Emp
Maelstrom

At least that's all I've seen people do on my server. I myself have done the Taral 5 solo and the False Emp duo.
I am compiling video guides for 2 man hm flashpoints. You can find it in my sig and comments are welcome.
I am a huge fan of co-ops, specially because finding 2 more people on my server can take all day.

Everything except Lost Island is currently Duo-able with daily commendation mods and armorings. Not because of its hardness but because some of its buggy mechanics. I am still trying to finish Lost Island 2 man on hard mode. As soon as I have it, will be posting it on my video guides for 2 man stuffz.

for a fresh 50 , I recommend getting the daily gear and grind Kaon and T5 till you get some lvl 56 mods then you can knock off the rest of the hm Flashpoints.

Directive 7 hm by far is the hardest to 2 man but once you find a rythm you can knock that off as well in less than a half hour and get free legs. My only grumble is that if you run with companion, the columi peices don't drop for off-class companions.

ADPowah
05.23.2012 , 05:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cytherion View Post
I am compiling video guides for 2 man hm flashpoints. You can find it in my sig and comments are welcome.
I am a huge fan of co-ops, specially because finding 2 more people on my server can take all day.

Everything except Lost Island is currently Duo-able with daily commendation mods and armorings. Not because of its hardness but because some of its buggy mechanics. I am still trying to finish Lost Island 2 man on hard mode. As soon as I have it, will be posting it on my video guides for 2 man stuffz.

for a fresh 50 , I recommend getting the daily gear and grind Kaon and T5 till you get some lvl 56 mods then you can knock off the rest of the hm Flashpoints.

Directive 7 hm by far is the hardest to 2 man but once you find a rythm you can knock that off as well in less than a half hour and get free legs. My only grumble is that if you run with companion, the columi peices don't drop for off-class companions.
I checked out your vids, awesome! This is how my brother and I plan on doing most of our FPs so I had a few questions:
  • I have purple mods from dailies and rak bracer and belt (tank), my brother just hit 50 so not much (healer) then we use our pets as DPS (recruit geared). It looks like you are using healing pets and going DPS, do you feel this is more viable?
  • What is your gear in relation to these FPs?
  • You recommended grinding Kaon, would this be before trying HM Esseles or Black Talon?
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

Cytherion
05.23.2012 , 07:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ADPowah View Post
  • It looks like you are using healing pets and going DPS, do you feel this is more viable?
  • What is your gear in relation to these FPs?
  • You recommended grinding Kaon, would this be before trying HM Esseles or Black Talon?
Hey thanks!
Using heal companions vs dps companions:
2 Healing companions are viable for almost all hard mode fights (except Lost Island). DPS from a companion even massively geared is only about 10% of a player dps. Another combination that has worked but is risky is to have a dps tank and use player heals.

IMO its safer as player tank and player dps and 2 heal companions stacked with pow-alacrity. I would recommend maxing out their affection and possible max affection on all companions for the extra presence.

If you are grinding Kaon, 2 companion dps could work with help from a little player aoe at the final boss. Your brother could also basically DPS as healing spec and help out. I am thinking about going back in and making a vid from a healer perspective.

Anyways, when we first started 2 manning hard modes, we started with Kaon and Taral V while geared with daily commendation armorings etc and crafted purples (augmented). I would not recommend Esseles, it is hard for an undergeared duo due to nasty enrages from Lord Vokk and Ironfist. Here is an esseles vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAElfQ1K4O0

Once you get your first couple of columi peices you can move into Battle of Ilum and False Emp to get the next.
Your final peice rests in Directive 7 (which is the hardest 2man but doable once you pass bulwark)

Our gear level:
We prefer not to raid (burnt out from raiding from raiding in several mmos) so our gear level for swtor is full columi currently but when we started we started from the ground up.

ADPowah
05.24.2012 , 09:58 AM | #17
Great we'll get to cracking on Kaon and Tarval and report back our experiences. We had been doing Black Talon but enrages were kicking our butts, so it was always a toss up and not super productive.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

jasonthelamb
05.24.2012 , 12:17 PM | #18
On raid night once, myself and a guild BH healer, he was in full Rakata, I was in Columi with a few pieces of Rakata

We did False Emp, my Quinn out, and his Blizz, Blizz tanked and the only boss we had any issue on was HK, but that was only because you cant make companions do AoE when HK goes into stealth, after that it was easy sailing.

Voren_Kurn
05.24.2012 , 12:28 PM | #19
Yeah a Healer and myself have been two manning HM FP's on Port Nowhere. It really has made the game exciting and challenging again xD.
<RELIC>
(Prophecy of the Five)
Republic US East PVE/PVP Guild
Official Guild Site

Cytherion
05.24.2012 , 01:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Voren_Kurn View Post
Yeah a Healer and myself have been two manning HM FP's on Port Nowhere. It really has made the game exciting and challenging again xD.
I think this is a beginning of a new kind of experience in gaming. We are all used to the old ways but BW should think some more in this direction. They have something here.
I put together a semi-detailed guide here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463772
feel free to add your experiences to it.