Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Lock box Missions - Still not right or broke again?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Lock box Missions - Still not right or broke again?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThiborF
05.19.2012 , 06:44 PM | #1
With patch 1.2.2 on May 1st BioWare stated the following:

"Slicing
Premium Slicing lockboxes now yield the correct amount of credits."

Can we get a definition from the devs on what "correct" means?

Class 5 "Rich" lock box mission run this morning costing 1900 credits and change resulted in a "Premium" (ie. green) case that had 1662 credits in it. Roughly a 300 credit loss.

Did same 2 days ago with one Class 5 "Rich" mission and two Class 4 "Rich" missions for lock boxes resulted in three premium cases, all at anywhere from 150-300+ less than the mission cost.

While not to the extent it was borked previously, this seems still off as at worst case scenario you should roughly break even or make 5-10% (ie. on a mission costing roughly 2k, you should at least get back a couple of hundred.)

Is it the intention that lock box slicing missions be a risk rather that a worst case roughly break-even scenario?

Anval
05.20.2012 , 09:11 AM | #2
I can confirm that the green and higher lockboxes now drop more now than we they had the bug. I only run the Class 6 missions (data race and plug the leak). Before the patch, I received several class 6 premium boxes that had between 800-1500 credits. The standard boxes drop roughly 1200-2200 credits. After the patch, I received 2 premium boxes that were 2400 and 2600.

On a side note, what the patch notes did not tell you was that they changed the drop rates for receiving crafting missions from crits. I used to receive a crafting mission or schematic about once in 5 runs. Since the latest patch, I have not received a single mission or schematic in approximately 20 runs this weekend.

Anval

DJAlleyKat
05.20.2012 , 07:32 PM | #3
The slicing mission I still feel are working as intended. Some missions are just riskier than others, the one you implied "fly on the wall" has a larger chance to have loss in the lock boxes, but larger gains inside when you do get them positive gains. In the end, it evens out to a net gain of credits.

Here is a spreadsheet I tallied up after the fix was put into place for all 5 of the grade 5 lock box missions.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hQW1GakE#gid=0

Hopefully that will show some numbers similar to what you are getting from time to time, and indicate in the longer run... you do win.

Edit Note: Forgot to share doc (fixed) All data is with max affection bounty hunter companions.
Can I haz Wookieburger nao?

Imani-Hype
05.20.2012 , 10:02 PM | #4
OP, are all your companions' affection max? Ive been reading many post saying how they barely get and schematics or missions from G5 or G6. What I found weird or maybe I just got super damn god loves me lucky, is that none of my companions are over 3k affection, but yet today, I manage to get 3 UWT 340 missions, 4 Diplomacy 340, 1 Slicing 340 and couple of 300 missions and schems. I've been wanting to max my comps affection, but having second thoughts with the results I've had.

Kencussion
05.21.2012 , 07:08 AM | #5
This chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&output=html shows the results for every basic Lockbox slicing mission (20 samples each) since the patch 1.2.2. Should help a bit. It's all in which missions you pick.

netskink
05.21.2012 , 07:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kencussion View Post
This chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&output=html shows the results for every basic Lockbox slicing mission (20 samples each) since the patch 1.2.2. Should help a bit. It's all in which missions you pick.
Am I reading this correctly? Only chance to get a cybertech schematic is with "his home is his castle"?
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

Kencussion
05.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #7
No, it's just what I recorded. If you look, you'll find other bonus items with an S(for Schematics) from other missions. My chart doesn't guarantee what you'll get, but provides a decent set of averages. Obviously, having a larger sample set would make the averages more accurate, but I don't have time to do 100 of each mission. :-P I thought 20 samples was decent enough for each mission.

I'm not sure, but I REALLY think there is a 10%-15% chance that you'll get a bonus item no matter which mission you select. And when you DO get a bonus item, then there is another roll to determine which type of bonus item it is (Cybertech Schematic, Bioanalysis mission, Treasure Hunting mission, etc). So getting a schematic would probably be around 10% out of the 10% chance to get a bonus item... so you're looking at possibly getting a Cybertech schematic at a 1% rate (1 in every 100 slicing missions).

HelinCarnate
05.21.2012 , 12:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anval View Post
On a side note, what the patch notes did not tell you was that they changed the drop rates for receiving crafting missions from crits. I used to receive a crafting mission or schematic about once in 5 runs. Since the latest patch, I have not received a single mission or schematic in approximately 20 runs this weekend.

Anval
That does not mean that they changed the drop rates. It means that you were unlucky.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

HelinCarnate
05.21.2012 , 12:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Imani-Hype View Post
OP, are all your companions' affection max? Ive been reading many post saying how they barely get and schematics or missions from G5 or G6. What I found weird or maybe I just got super damn god loves me lucky, is that none of my companions are over 3k affection, but yet today, I manage to get 3 UWT 340 missions, 4 Diplomacy 340, 1 Slicing 340 and couple of 300 missions and schems. I've been wanting to max my comps affection, but having second thoughts with the results I've had.
Max affection adds 1% crit chance for each tier and there are 5 tiers.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

ThiborF
05.21.2012 , 03:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Max affection adds 1% crit chance for each tier and there are 5 tiers.
Correct. And my understanding is that companion affection may alter the % chance I get for receiving a prototype (blue) case vs. premium (green) but does not affect the credit amounts found inside.

Only test the Rich class 4 and 5 boxes a handful of times. Got one crit and the premium case was okay, (around 5700 iirc) for a class 5 rich that cost around 2k to run. I had crits in the past be 7k+ though that was rare. However, more importantly ALL of the premium cases were below mission cost in rewarded credits.

My results are a small sample size so will have to do lengthier testing to check for a stronger indicator of the pattern. But, I'm mostly looking for a simple developer comment stating either that
"Yes, it is intended that slicing lock box missions be a risk and you won't necessarily get back the mission cost"
OR
"No, it's no intended that you should lose money by running those and we'll look into it."