Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

youtube copyright

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.08.2012 , 01:47 AM | #21
Be glad there was no copyright crap in prehistoric times or we would still live in the caves ffs.

swredrage
12.08.2012 , 01:52 AM | #22
In game music comes up as copyright issues for me on youtube. just disable music in game.

I still have a few up.. if i disable monitization... there doesn't seem to be a problem, which is fine thats what i expected.

wrmrstacrdwower
12.08.2012 , 01:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by masterwindoo View Post
hi, i wanted to record some footage of early level jedi consular gameplay, but when i uploaded it to youtube, the video was instantly taken down. i'm confused about this because iv'e seen a ton of videos up already. so why did mine get taken down (after i'd given recognition to bioware and stated that i, in no way, owned the product) but the others didnt? it's really frustrating.
It was taken down because that is the current EA prerogative when it comes to anything relating to SWTOR that could possible display the game in a negative light or has not been authorized by use from EA. Basically it was taken down because EA fears the community response to its game.

All you have to do is cite the reason for the video such as commentary or review and give further citation for ownership of SWTOR.

Basically what they tried to do with ME3, is what they were able to do with SWTOR. Which is to silence every critic or naysayer out there as best as they can.

What, somebody had to say it...

Rafaman
12.08.2012 , 02:04 AM | #24
Seems awfully random to me. In some recent cases there seems to be no problem and in others they pull the vid. I'm not sure Youtube and others understand the new copyright law. Or may be they don't know how or what to enforce. So... what happens if you ask Youtube? Surely they have some explanation beyond the standard bs.

I think... if this is truly what it comes down too... then, Youtube is going to be "youtubed". Other sites or individual pages will pop up which will allow a bit more freedom. It's only a matter of time before a ground swell of dissatisfaction will find a solution.

emlfuryoflion
12.08.2012 , 03:05 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by swredrage View Post
In game music comes up as copyright issues for me on youtube. just disable music in game.

I still have a few up.. if i disable monitization... there doesn't seem to be a problem, which is fine thats what i expected.
If I find some way to get my strike reversed and get my account back I'l be sure to keep that in mind for the future. Stupid Sony loses Star Wars Galaxies and then has to take it out on me by removing my SWTOR videos which in turn destroyed my youtube account.
Former SWG player from the flurry server
Guild Member of Flurry United(Republic guild from prophecy of five) Main character is a smuggler named Kratos'Aurion
http://brushbackbaseball.com/index.jsp?rf=756

MouseNoFour
12.08.2012 , 04:51 AM | #26
I uploaded two videos of the Jedi Consular story. The first contained the Star Wars music intro, the second was just the continuation of the story.

The first movie received a warning, the second did not. Both movies are still up (though i decided to unlist them).

MitchPB
12.08.2012 , 06:01 AM | #27
Believe it or not watching you tube is technically illegal.

When the clip buffers it downloads it to the temp folder.
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher

Shingara
12.08.2012 , 06:07 AM | #28
just stick it under the education and discussion banner i think it is and tada.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731