Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

youtube copyright


GRINnBARRETT's Avatar


GRINnBARRETT
05.19.2012 , 02:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by masterwindoo View Post
there was no music added to it though, or do you mean in-game music?
The NDA was lifted long ago so there is no copyright issue (those that protect SWTOR rights would not have filed a grievance). You've either added something else that was copyrighted or utube moderator made a mistake. They are accessible; send them an email if you think they made a mistake.

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
05.19.2012 , 02:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GRINnBARRETT View Post
The NDA was lifted long ago so there is no copyright issue (those that protect SWTOR rights would not have filed a grievance). You've either added something else that was copyrighted or utube moderator made a mistake. They are accessible; send them an email if you think they made a mistake.
NDA doesn't necessarily cover this topic. NDA is a non-disclosure agreement that barred users from talking about the game. Usually MMO developers don't mind this sort of stuff, because it helps grow their communities.

AutoCocker's Avatar


AutoCocker
05.19.2012 , 02:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
New copyright laws have youtube and other sites paranoid. Unless what you post is completely original content that you created, then your video can be removed.
This sums it up. The new law went into affect a few months ago. There was a huge stink about it and various parties tried to get the senate to add exemptions (hell google had a write your senator link up on their main page). Sadly no one really listened to it. Now anything you do can be pulled from anywhere. In fact if a media company really wanted to be arses about it they could sue you for any video you make with music that they have the rights too (even if you own the cd).

Chances are yours got pulled by random luck of the draw or someone felt like being a D Bag and reported it.

P.S. Side note is just by making the video itself you are breaking the law. Even if EA really doesn't have a problem with this sort of thing (and i doubt they do) you would have to have it in writing from them to do it, then pass that on to youtube for the official ok. Like i said man chances are someone just felt like being an arse.

Barrgil's Avatar


Barrgil
05.19.2012 , 02:14 PM | #14
That doesn't make sense to me, I uploaded two Voidstar clips onto my channel and it worked fine. No commentary, just in-game music.

That's really odd. You should really look into it.
Kra - Deception Assassin
Bargil - Hybrid Sorcerer
DARKHOUND - Hyperspace Cannon | Dara Mactire - The Crucible Pits

masterwindoo's Avatar


masterwindoo
05.19.2012 , 02:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AutoCocker View Post
This sums it up. The new law went into affect a few months ago. There was a huge stink about it and various parties tried to get the senate to add exemptions (hell google had a write your senator link up on their main page). Sadly no one really listened to it. Now anything you do can be pulled from anywhere. In fact if a media company really wanted to be arses about it they could sue you for any video you make with music that they have the rights too (even if you own the cd).

Chances are yours got pulled by random luck of the draw or someone felt like being a D Bag and reported it.
i uploaded the video 3 time though, on 3 separate days, that's not really luck of the draw is it?

vtxz's Avatar


vtxz
05.19.2012 , 02:20 PM | #16
that happened to one of the videos I uploaded. I uploaded 2 similar videos of pvp footage, first one was with in game sound of warzones and players abilities the second I put three music and credited. The second I receive same message ur talking about but my video is still up.

Martinic's Avatar


Martinic
05.19.2012 , 02:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by masterwindoo View Post
i uploaded the video 3 time though, on 3 separate days, that's not really luck of the draw is it?
Someone hates you

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
05.19.2012 , 02:26 PM | #18
File size if you go over 15min record time the file will be deleted as it uploads

Darth-Malice's Avatar


Darth-Malice
05.19.2012 , 03:01 PM | #19
Look up "Fair Use" And make sure too put it in your video description.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

emlfuryoflion's Avatar


emlfuryoflion
12.08.2012 , 12:27 AM | #20
I had the same issue. I lost my youtube account as a result of it too. Just uploaded a gameplay video and a couple weeks later it got removed by Sony Music Entertainment because of the in-game music.
Former SWG player from the flurry server
Guild Member of Flurry United(Republic guild from prophecy of five) Main character is a smuggler named Kratos'Aurion
http://brushbackbaseball.com/index.jsp?rf=756