Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst EU writer?

CassusVerda
05.22.2012 , 09:26 AM | #21
You know I'm surprised there aren't any MandoMercs Costume Club members on this site's forum giving you guys a piece of their mind when you diss Karen Traviss like that. They either must have died out or just don't give a **** anymore.

While I didn't necessarily like the Legacy of the Force Novels (I'm not really that into Jedi/Sith as I am into guys and gals with Blasters, that's probably why), I did like Boba Fett a Practical Man and most of her Republic Commando Books....so sue me.

dazednconfuzed
05.22.2012 , 09:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
You know I'm surprised there aren't any MandoMercs Costume Club members on this site's forum giving you guys a piece of their mind when you diss Karen Traviss like that. They either must have died out or just don't give a **** anymore.
That is because they are all either in game pretending to be Boba, or in General Discussion complaining about the lack of 'the Mandolorain' title.

While I didn't necessarily like the Legacy of the Force Novels (I'm not really that into Jedi/Sith as I am into guys and gals with Blasters, that's probably why), I did like Boba Fett a Practical Man and most of her Republic Commando Books....so sue me.
I thought the Republic Commando books were alright, but they did seem to be a little OP compared to every other soldier in the galaxy.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Mirdthestrill
05.22.2012 , 09:33 AM | #23
Still here, just not interested in reposting it anymore...http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=378497
I <3 alts!

_JediKnight
05.22.2012 , 10:10 AM | #24
I have kind of a love/hate relationship with KT books...

On one hand I love the Mando books she's written (Hard Contact - True Colors, and Order 66), I have this kind of separate mental sandbox of the Star Wars universe where her super soldier commandos can exist when I read those books and can enjoy them. The rest of her Star Wars books I don't really like, and especially hate the killing of Mara Jade and how that was handled.

On the opposite end of the spectrum for best SW authors, I have to agree, my top three are Timothy Zahn, Michael A. Stackpole, and Aaron Allston.
15 light side Assassin
30 Sentinel 17 Sage
42 Juggernaught 11 Sorcerer 15 Powertech
The Pellaeon Legacy

TheBentOne
05.22.2012 , 11:47 AM | #25
It really shocks me that when listing the best SW authors nobody mentions Stover.

Traitor was the best book in the NJO, Shadows of Mindor was a fun read, his novelization of RotS was better than the actual movie.

And Shatterpoint is my Favorite novel in the entire EU. I guess his body of work isn't large enough yet *shrugs*.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Mirdthestrill
05.22.2012 , 11:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
It really shocks me that when listing the best SW authors nobody mentions Stover.

Traitor was the best book in the NJO, Shadows of Mindor was a fun read, his novelization of RotS was better than the actual movie.

And Shatterpoint is my Favorite novel in the entire EU. I guess his body of work isn't large enough yet *shrugs*.
I liked Shadows of Mindor until about halfway through, when suddenly we have Luke, Leia, Han...and Nick.

Nick? Really? That whole thing just seemed a little weird to me. Brilliant work with the weird-rock-stuff, though.
I <3 alts!

Captain_Zone
05.22.2012 , 11:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post

100% agreed that his novelization of RotS was leaps and bounds beyond the movie, but he was still working from a George Lucas script. I haven't read his other novels yet, but I'll definitely be looking into it.

My top three will probably always be
1. Michael A. Stackpole
2. Aaron Allston
3. Timothy Zahn
though. Just fair warning. lol

Stackpole and Allston for the main reason that they made one of the coolest minor characters into the Main character in the X-Wing series. And Tim Zahn in at a very close 3rd for getting me into Star Wars again.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

TheBentOne
05.22.2012 , 11:59 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
100% agreed that his novelization of RotS was leaps and bounds beyond the movie, but he was still working from a George Lucas script. I haven't read his other novels yet, but I'll definitely be looking into it.

My top three will probably always be
1. Michael A. Stackpole
2. Aaron Allston
3. Timothy Zahn
though. Just fair warning. lol

Stackpole and Allston for the main reason that they made one of the coolest minor characters into the Main character in the X-Wing series. And Tim Zahn in at a very close 3rd for getting me into Star Wars again.
Fair enough. I can't disagree with any of that. When you see Stackpole, Allston or Zahn on the cover its a safe bet that it is a pretty good book.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.