Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

Brittaany_Banks
05.20.2012 , 12:45 AM | #21
Very simple equation here...

If you want Rakata gear go do Hard Mode EV. If you want a challenge go do Lost Island. Case closed.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

SFC-Lawndart
05.20.2012 , 01:20 AM | #22
Hard mode Lost island is pretty much worthless. The risk doesn't match the reward by a long shot. The only thing it's really doing is pissing off the majority of the playerbase. I run it once a week if I'm forced to by guildies but other than that, I avoid it like the plague and it would be an extremely cold day in hell before I even think about tanking it for a PUG.

The fact that it requires raid gear to complete a 4 man group zone should send up red flags like crazy for Bioware. Four man zones are for the casuals not us raiders. If bioware keeps up with this they'll do the same thing that SOE did to EQ2 and burn the game into to the ground.

Rangarobbo
05.20.2012 , 01:31 AM | #23
I actually find Lost Island HM really enjoyable, I am fortunate enough to be on a decently populated (oceanic server) and forming groups for it isn't really a hassle. I find if the group can get past the sentinel droid then the rest of the run is doable.

It's a good place to tune your dps/interrupt skills and as mentioned earlier a great source of weekly comms when you clear Kaon as well as the weekly. With a geared group who knows the instance it is easy to clear it in 30-45mins.

Here is a guide my guild put together for LI HM if anyone is looking for some tips and tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QFIUp0c0A

TheRealCandyMan
05.20.2012 , 03:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SFC-Lawndart View Post
Hard mode Lost island is pretty much worthless. The risk doesn't match the reward by a long shot. The only thing it's really doing is pissing off the majority of the playerbase. I run it once a week if I'm forced to by guildies but other than that, I avoid it like the plague and it would be an extremely cold day in hell before I even think about tanking it for a PUG.

The fact that it requires raid gear to complete a 4 man group zone should send up red flags like crazy for Bioware. Four man zones are for the casuals not us raiders. If bioware keeps up with this they'll do the same thing that SOE did to EQ2 and burn the game into to the ground.
You consider Columi to be raid gear?
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

Shlamorel
05.20.2012 , 06:13 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Dulfy is that you? Are you actually defending what they did with this flashpoint? Nobody will waste time on my server for that. Rakata chest for comanions.... Omg? A few bh commendation? I am done with convincing ppl to go with me on lost island
Nobody is defending Bioware here... you said there is no point to Lost Island in the title of your thread, and people are trying (helpfully) to point out that there is, in fact, a "point" to doing it. (many reasons, actually).

It may be fail that you can't use your speeder, and yes the runs back can be long, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there are reasons to do the flashpoint.

Again, I'm only saying this because, you accused someone of defending failures in the flashpoint because they listed concrete benefits of doing Lost Island. Maybe you can use the knowledge they shared and, when looking for group mates, list of the rewards and benefits of doing Lost Island with you.

You seem more bent out of shape that people don't agree with you than you do about the fact that the flashpoint has difficulties.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

stormie_sarge
05.20.2012 , 07:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Shlamorel View Post
Nobody is defending Bioware here... you said there is no point to Lost Island in the title of your thread, and people are trying (helpfully) to point out that there is, in fact, a "point" to doing it. (many reasons, actually).

It may be fail that you can't use your speeder, and yes the runs back can be long, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there are reasons to do the flashpoint.

Again, I'm only saying this because, you accused someone of defending failures in the flashpoint because they listed concrete benefits of doing Lost Island. Maybe you can use the knowledge they shared and, when looking for group mates, list of the rewards and benefits of doing Lost Island with you.

You seem more bent out of shape that people don't agree with you than you do about the fact that the flashpoint has difficulties.
Welcome to the internet and why most people that play SWTOR dodge most of the forums. There is a small amount of people that spend amny hours each day trying to stir up people for their entertainment. This posters seems to be one of them.

On the note of Lost Island not being worth it, some people will shy away from a challenge, and then complain about it, it happens. On the flip side it is refreshing that there is a large amount of more difficult content that is coming out of the woodworks. Even if the gear food stamp machine doesnt work with this one, poeple that are playing the game for fun stuff to clear like this flash point. Is it perfect, no, but there will never be anything perfect.

Grywon
05.20.2012 , 09:07 AM | #27
Totally agree with Stormy here.

When you make a content that majority of community can clear they will be happy to get gear for no effort. But small part of people do like to play a game and watch the encounter instead of mindlessly run on the boss and hope for the best. I love fights where thinking about something else while fighting a boss, even mobs sometimes can result in a death.

And if BW makes content like LI hardcore players will be a bit satisfied while majority will cry for nurf. It's the nature of life. Our guild uses it as warming up before ops once a week with 2 4mans competing who will complete it 1st. From time to time we leave 1 spot open and try to pug someone to see what kind of player he is and check if he'd be suitable for the guild. Mostly people don't want to try it even though it would be a boost more or less. But it's up to them.

I've seen pugs do it and in our better runs we do it in just a bit more than 20 minutes (skipping 3rd boss). I must say I like it much more than KuS with boss events that alone take no effort and 10 minutes of your time.

Vankris
05.20.2012 , 09:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SFC-Lawndart View Post

but it's fun...

yes lost island is not the most efficient place to get columi item, normal EV is.

but it's fun.

i prefer a fun FP over a farming FP. just my opinion.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

DoctorWhorrible
05.20.2012 , 10:14 AM | #29
I mostly pvp and Hard Mode Lost Island was only the second Hard Mode flashpoint I ever did. . . And it's ruined every other flashpoint for me. Lost Island is absolutely engaging and as a melee requires much more out of a player than pretty much an flashpoint. I can barely stay awake through other Hard Mode flashpoints, but any time a guild member wants to do Lost Island I am THERE.

The rewards aren't great, but it's the most fun I can have in a flashpoint in the game. I'm not really the type of guy who wants to farm an easy instance to get lots of gear (which may be why I pvp'd so much at the start of this game), but if Lost Island is the direction they are going with their PvE content I am absolutely hooked in!

Why do we climb Mount Everest? Because it is there.

(of course Mount Everest didn't drop tionese crystals. . . That decision is kind of goofy)

SFC-Lawndart
05.20.2012 , 11:11 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
You consider Columi to be raid gear?
If it's dropped in a group instance it's obviously not raid gear.