Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

Iwipe
05.19.2012 , 10:36 AM | #11
Reasons to do LI HM for those already in full Rakata or above
  • Rakata chest for companions
  • 8 Black Hole comms from weekly (have to do KUS as well)
  • Columi stuff for companions
  • Chance at 2 rakghoul pets
  • Vehicle achievement

NoTomorrow
05.19.2012 , 10:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
  • Vehicle achievement
Dulfy is that you? Are you actually defending what they did with this flashpoint? Nobody will waste time on my server for that. Rakata chest for comanions.... Omg? A few bh commendation? I am done with convincing ppl to go with me on lost island

AshlaBoga
05.19.2012 , 11:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Dulfy is that you? Are you actually defending what they did with this flashpoint? Nobody will waste time on my server for that. Rakata chest for comanions.... Omg? A few bh commendation? I am done with convincing ppl to go with me on lost island
I think you might be missing the point of the Rakghoul Weekly. In patch 1.2 the BH weekly, Nightmare Pilgrim, Nightmare Karagga's Palace, the Rakghoul Weekly, and EC are the only ways to get BH comms. Since many people mix and match BH mods with Campaign mods to complete their endgame gear set, it's not a waste to have a tough HM Flashpoint. Yes, it's hard to find a decent pug to do HM LI with - but that has a lot to do with the low server populations. On Fatman there's generally +2 parties doing HM LI during peak hours (and that is why we need more server merges

TheRealCandyMan
05.19.2012 , 11:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
  • Vehicle achievement
Don't forget the orosquab + a mount that isn't part of the vehicle quests.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

ccoolmint
05.19.2012 , 07:53 PM | #15
LI is the funnest flashpoint in the game I just did it yesterday for the first time it took 2 hours but it was really fun and I got a rakata chest piece

just learn the mechanics and run it with a guild and its not that hard

Arkerus
05.19.2012 , 09:51 PM | #16
I like the FP. I really do.

I would suggest to Bioware, however, thagt they ease up on the "mechanical" difficulty on some of the fights. Its not that we can't do them. The real problem is explaining it to folks over party chat. Its very difficult to explain the fights, with multiple mechanical challenges, over chat.

If we want this game to succeed, we need the HMs to be explainable over chat...not just vent. Not everyone uses vent. PUG especially don't use vent.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Kaonis
05.19.2012 , 10:42 PM | #17
I'm with the crowd that this type of content is a bad direction for SWTOR.The difficulty is really artificial (it's not real difficulty when all you do is make things hit far harder than they should) let alone it's biased against melee. I'm a melee DPS and that first boss was insanely difficult because of the aoe he drops on melee and ultimately the tank. I respecced to tank and we grabbed 2 ranged DPS and instantly were doing better (let alone the fact that we beat the damn thing). The thing that was the most frustrating we all realized was a single mistake could end in a wipe. For example fighting Project Savrip, if your not juuuust close enough to him you get knocked off and die; miss an incinerate on the droid boss and there's a wipe half the time right there.

If this is the type of lazy and bias content BW plans to keep putting out, I think they'll learn soon enough the loud people who like this type of thing aren't the majority of their audience (which I think is already apparent with 25% sub loss already).

Karasuko
05.19.2012 , 11:27 PM | #18
I like Li, 30 mins for half my BH comm weekly with guildies. Pretty close to nada of a repair bill too.

Lymain
05.20.2012 , 12:24 AM | #19
Yeah, the main point of this flashpoint is the weekly. Black Hole comms are awesome.

JDotter
05.20.2012 , 12:37 AM | #20
It's really not that hard, if you do pug it invite them to your vent/mumble/skype.

if it gets nerfed it'll be a move in the wrong direction