Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What planet would you live on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What planet would you live on?

XaviusCromarus
05.19.2012 , 06:17 AM | #1
Imagine you were transported to the galaxy of Star Wars. Imagine you had no way back to our world. Somehow you'd been given a knowledge of the tech, politics, engineering, science etc of this new galaxy. What would you do with it, where would you go?

What planet so far presented in SWTOR would you live on?

What would you do there?

Would you side with the Republic, the Empire, or stay out of it?

And no your not force sensitive. :P

MentalCase
05.19.2012 , 06:33 AM | #2
I'd be a smuggler on Tatooine. Aaah the life.

Shlamorel
05.19.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
For my prime residence I'd love a penthouse suite in one of the Coruscant high rises . This works out perfectly because, as a Jedi Consular, I am often summoned for diplomatic negotiations within the Senate Plaza nearby.

For my vacation home, I'd love a tiny little cabin tucked behind the forest/mountains of Tython, near a waterfall. This would allow a perfect spot for meditation. I'd also like to bring Qyzenn Fess with me for protection... he has been a most faithful companion and deserves time to relax in the vacation residence. He can hunt for the scorekeeper among the lush forestry nearby.

P.S., you're all invited to the parties I throw at my Coruscant Penthouse Suite
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

jgelling
05.19.2012 , 06:55 AM | #4
Alderaan or Coruscant - but before I moved to Alderaan I want a giant can of Raid to take care of those armed cockroaches. (I thought Alderaan was peaceful and had no weapons - apparently except armed cockroaches?!)

I hear there are big discounts for new condos on Bug Town in Balmorra - excellent views of the native wildlife and no chance to avoid constant aggro from digging cockroaches. Excellent deal for the collicoid Sith Inquisitors here.

Shlamorel
05.19.2012 , 06:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
Alderaan or Coruscant - but before I moved to Alderaan I want a giant can of Raid to take care of those armed cockroaches. (I thought Alderaan was peaceful and had no weapons - apparently except armed cockroaches?!)

I hear there are big discounts for new condos on Bug Town in Balmorra - excellent views of the native wildlife and no chance to avoid constant aggro from digging cockroaches. Excellent deal for the collicoid Sith Inquisitors here.
Hmm that does sound like a good investment in Balmorra... especially for young heros with more limited funds. :P
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

Cotlu-Hunlon
05.19.2012 , 08:28 AM | #6
Oooo I'd think I'd buy a nice house on Belsavis.....over looking thousands of acres of prisons....

In all seriousness though, Tython seems pretty stunning if it were real; if not there, maybe somewhere on Tatooine like Anchorhead. I can't imagine getting too bored with all the sorts that pass through Tatooine and there's no stupid Republic or Empire there. At least Hutts pay for podraces.

Mordegrus
05.19.2012 , 10:42 AM | #7
I would live on Korriban.
Watching the sands being spilled with blood with feuding Acolytes, and hearing the echos of the slaves working in the Tombs...
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Captain_Zone
05.21.2012 , 12:57 PM | #8
Voss. The colors, man!
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Rhudian
05.21.2012 , 02:28 PM | #9
Planet? Who would ever want to be stuck on one of those? I'd live on a space ship.

Though if you were to force me? Thyferra, post-cartel. I figure the jungle terrain would supply plenty of natural beauty to explore, and when I tire of that, I could enjoy the local humans, who hardly wear much in the way of clothes. Also, getting in good with the natives could mean free bacta dips if I ever got sick or injured.

Edit: Bah. TOR only? Fine. Ord Mantell. It looks okay, it isn't filled with pretentious preachy prancers or toxic gasses, and it seems like everyone's weapons are set to stun.

Morlaak
05.21.2012 , 03:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhudian View Post
Planet? Who would ever want to be stuck on one of those? I'd live on a space ship.

Though if you were to force me? Thyferra, post-cartel. I figure the jungle terrain would supply plenty of natural beauty to explore, and when I tire of that, I could enjoy the local humans, who hardly wear much in the way of clothes. Also, getting in good with the natives could mean free bacta dips if I ever got sick or injured.

Edit: Bah. TOR only? Fine. Ord Mantell. It looks okay, it isn't filled with pretentious preachy prancers or toxic gasses, and it seems like everyone's weapons are set to stun.
Exactly, a space ship seems like the best option to me, since you can't visit any planet you'd like.

But, if I had to choose, I'd like to live in the high-class building of Coruscant or Corellia before it was bombed to the Stone Age.