Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation loot should actually be an upgrade

Zailou
05.19.2012 , 05:33 AM | #1
I just want to point out that I think that the current operation loot (Campaign) is good enough to be hardmode loot.

It happens way too often that when we kill a boss people actually have to compare if the campaign is better than their rakata. A new tier of set items should always be better and the difference should be bigger than few main stat or switching secondary stats around. I know many of you know what i'm talking about but just for an example some gunslinger campaign items reduce cunning and increase endurance or healers get reduced power and increased crit or surge. New items should increase stats across the board.

Few players from our guild have already stopped raiding becouse raiding just isnt fun when the rewards are so bad.

I do hope bioware addresses this issue with itemization. I know that with smaller item upgrades the operation can still be a challenge even with full campaign but getting loot just isnt fun

Kaisies
05.19.2012 , 06:32 AM | #2
10 less main stat

20 more endo

thats an upgrade??????

45 secondary stat
45 secondary stat

new:

57 secondary
57 secondary

also an upgrade????

maybe you're guildies can't do simple math.

TheRealCandyMan
05.19.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
Sigh.

Campaign gear is BiS when you take the time to properly customize it.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

Porthundax
05.19.2012 , 06:44 AM | #4
Kaisies, have you actually compared all of your Rakata set to your new Campaign set?

Alot of items for most classes are barely, or sometimes even not an upgrade at all.
We have our entire guild in Rakata from previous content, and alot of people pass on the campaign gear that drops in hardmode because it is simply not an upgrade for them. (Perhaps one single mod out of it, but is that really what we should take the loot for?)

I've done some research and I wasn't able to find anything about why our loot is like that. (And yes, most people do care about loot, raiding should be upgrading your character, not just progression in content.)

All the new tier really does is increase endurance. Giving a bigger healthpool without giving better heals is not all that of an upgrade to the raid team.

I really hope we can get an answer on the thoughts behind the stats on the new loot from Bioware!

Thanks,

Porthundax

TheRealCandyMan
05.19.2012 , 07:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Porthundax View Post
Kaisies, have you actually compared all of your Rakata set to your new Campaign set?

Alot of items for most classes are barely, or sometimes even not an upgrade at all.
We have our entire guild in Rakata from previous content, and alot of people pass on the campaign gear that drops in hardmode because it is simply not an upgrade for them. (Perhaps one single mod out of it, but is that really what we should take the loot for?)

I've done some research and I wasn't able to find anything about why our loot is like that. (And yes, most people do care about loot, raiding should be upgrading your character, not just progression in content.)

All the new tier really does is increase endurance. Giving a bigger healthpool without giving better heals is not all that of an upgrade to the raid team.

I really hope we can get an answer on the thoughts behind the stats on the new loot from Bioware!

Thanks,

Porthundax
You and your guild aren't doing it right then. Yes, for a lot of classes, a campaign piece might not be an upgrade compared to the rakata piece; however, if you strip out the entire campaign piece and distribute it across multiple pieces of armor it becomes far more valuable. Campaign mods > rakata mods and that isn't even up for debate.

Hell black hole gear is an upgrade from rakata if you can do simple math.
Member of SuckaFish

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

Zailou
05.19.2012 , 07:49 AM | #6
I'm not saying that some pieces would not be an upgrade. I'm saying that the upgrade isnt big enough. If you get +15 secondary stat and a bit more health that's like who cares.

MWidowmaker
05.19.2012 , 07:52 AM | #7
sooo, you want really big mudflation?
that would be bad for the game as content would have to get progressively more out of reach for the target demographic, especially for things like story mode
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

TheRealCandyMan
05.19.2012 , 08:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zailou View Post
I'm not saying that some pieces would not be an upgrade. I'm saying that the upgrade isnt big enough. If you get +15 secondary stat and a bit more health that's like who cares.
Then multiply that by 7 armor slots + implants/earpieces and you have a pretty significant stat increase. Or if you don't care about BiS just wait until the next armor set comes out.
Member of SuckaFish

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

alifaraaz
05.19.2012 , 09:07 AM | #9
Yeah, what the others said - sometimes it appears as if it's a small upgrade but if you consider the whole set, then you notice a big upgrade.

That and the fact that playing around with the mods etc slipping some Black Hole enhancements/mods into rakata and eventually replacing with the best Campaign ones leads to a big upgrade.

And well to some degree - we dont want the difference to be too huge, or you very quickly run into becoming too powerful.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Talorra
05.19.2012 , 10:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
You and your guild aren't doing it right then. Yes, for a lot of classes, a campaign piece might not be an upgrade compared to the rakata piece; however, if you strip out the entire campaign piece and distribute it across multiple pieces of armor it becomes far more valuable. Campaign mods > rakata mods and that isn't even up for debate.

Hell black hole gear is an upgrade from rakata if you can do simple math.
Yes. Quoting it 'cause it's true.

I have yet to swap a campaign/black hole piece straight over to replace Rakata. Pull the mods and distribute across your gear.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter