Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plagueis' Death

Slowpokeking
05.18.2012 , 04:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Cuz he didn't teach his apprentice that technique?
He was going to teach it to Sidious after he totally achieves it, but got killed before that.

Darth_Solrac
05.18.2012 , 04:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He was going to teach it to Sidious after he totally achieves it, but got killed before that.
It was said (everywhere) that Sidious felt he learned all he could from his Master. Hence he was useless to him. Hence why he killed him.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Slowpokeking
05.18.2012 , 04:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
It was said (everywhere) that Sidious felt he learned all he could from his Master. Hence he was useless to him. Hence why he killed him.
Later he admitted he didn't, especially something called cheat death, I believe that's either bring back the dead or keep the body from aging.

Tuscad
05.18.2012 , 04:48 PM | #14
Plagueis didn't want to kill Sidious, he wanted to teach those to Sidious and let him rule the Republic/Empire, when he was commanding in the backstage.
There wouldn't be any need though if one is immortal. Plagueis could have lied to Sidious for all we know and to me that makes the most sense, I have never heard of one with the ability to gain power wanting to share it.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Slowpokeking
05.18.2012 , 04:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
There wouldn't be any need though if one is immortal. Plagueis could have lied to Sidious for all we know and to me that makes the most sense, I have never heard of one with the ability to gain power wanting to share it.
That's what he thought.

Immortal does not mean you cannot be killed, just able to live forever, he was going to teach Sidious the ability to bring back the dead so they can keep each other alive.

Tuscad
05.18.2012 , 05:00 PM | #16
That's what he thought.

Immortal does not mean you cannot be killed, just able to live forever, he was going to teach Sidious the ability to bring back the dead so they can keep each other alive.
That sounds reasonable, I just can't help but wonder why he would choose someone so sadistic like Palpatine as his apprentice in that case.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Darth_Solrac
05.18.2012 , 05:10 PM | #17
That sounds reasonable, I just can't help but wonder why he would choose someone so sadistic like Palpatine as his apprentice in that case.
My guess is he sensed Palpatine's immense potential & thought he was worthy. Was also thinking he still wouldn't rival his own power. He turned out to be wrong.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Slowpokeking
05.18.2012 , 05:14 PM | #18
Because he thought let a human to lead the Empire and he stayed behind to control would be better. Unlike many other Sith, he knew he could not do everything by himself even with immense power.

Tuscad
05.18.2012 , 05:27 PM | #19
I mean in terms of the I keep you alive, you keep me alive. Palpatine was insane even growing up, I wouldn't want to trust him with my life.

Slowpokeking
05.18.2012 , 05:46 PM | #20
I mean in terms of the I keep you alive, you keep me alive. Palpatine was insane even growing up, I wouldn't want to trust him with my life.
That's the flaw of almost all Sith, overconfidence.