Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

Finionn
05.28.2012 , 06:54 AM | #71
ok first of all..unless you have played one in the 50 bracket your opinion on any class means next to nothing. anyway i have a 50 sorc and 50 merc and mercs are in some trouble right now. i swictched to pyro because of how broken arsenal is and done alot better but i shouldnt be forced to only have one decent spec(other than healing which i hate) buffs are supposedly coming in 1.3 but 1.3 hasnt even hit test servers yet so dont expect it for another month...to all the mercs out there id say to reroll another class.atm i am switching between lvling a scoundrel and a shadow.if you want to play a merc and not be turned to soup by everyone and their grandmothers do pyro,learn the class, and you will do better i broke 400k for the first time hours after switching and have actually topped in dps a few times but for now im not going to play my merc and gl to all who still do..you'll really need it
Merc is awful and bears little resemblance to the guys it is based on (except for the part where Boba and Jango died embarrassing deaths to melee ).

Finionn
05.28.2012 , 07:03 AM | #72
I mean honestly, think about this. If you're a bunch of guys with guns and you're fighting a jedi knight don't be a hero! Don't be like, "It's alright guys... I got this." Because that Sentinel is going to make you into a light saber scorched corpse. All of you should turn and shoot the crap out of that guy until he stops moving! There's NOTHING he can do to stop that from happening.

Again, DON'T SOLO SENTINLES/MARAUDERS! It's a team game. Work as a team. Focus them down and live.[/QUOTE]

so what you mean by that is all lightsaber classes should blast the crap out of everything else?that would be some amazing balence there and while sentinels currently are able to do it, it wont last forever..i have beaten a few really awful sents 1v1 but average ones still kill me b4 i can get through half a rotation..anyway i wont even waste my time on sents but the topic of this thread is mercs and 1v1 they are awful,was this intended? we wont know if it was or not because bioware has responded to,lemme count, 0 times to all this mayhem. now i dont think mercs are absoultely awful but they need a few improvements and maybe a slight increase in survivability
Merc is awful and bears little resemblance to the guys it is based on (except for the part where Boba and Jango died embarrassing deaths to melee ).

T-Assassin
05.28.2012 , 10:54 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by DaPorkchop View Post
Edit: Ok. Just q'd as arsenal, had a mara on me the whole game. Was no fun.
i've had my share of matches where i've been "locked down". i take it as a compliment, tbh.

then i do my damnedest to make sure i have more damage and kills than he does...or i run his *** around the map (and i try to pick up a few more...that leaves the odds in favor of my team!!)

that sounds like a smart Marauder...

i know i try to lock down healers and make their rounds miserable...

:P
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Swaggz
05.28.2012 , 04:30 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Marqhill View Post
Why on Earth would you try to solo a marauder/sentinel? Seriously. There's no reason to do that... ever. If you're any other class but a sentinel and you're trying to solo one then you're bad at this game. Period. Unless there is the random desperate situation when everyone else around you has died and you have to fight a sentinel alone then yes, I can understand. But for the most part if you're functioning as a proper team then you should never be fighting a sentinel alone.

I mean honestly, think about this. If you're a bunch of guys with guns and you're fighting a jedi knight don't be a hero! Don't be like, "It's alright guys... I got this." Because that Sentinel is going to make you into a light saber scorched corpse. All of you should turn and shoot the crap out of that guy until he stops moving! There's NOTHING he can do to stop that from happening.

Again, DON'T SOLO SENTINLES/MARAUDERS! It's a team game. Work as a team. Focus them down and live.
Ok, I'm trying to follow the logic on this but from the sounds of it you're saying:

1. It's ok for mauraders/sents to solo anyone they want
2. You're yelling at the rest of us to play as a team (because it's ok that mauraders/sents can solo people but the rest of us should work as a team....)

Hmm...Not saying that I can't solo anyone on my Merc, but if I had the utility/survivability of a Maurader/Sent, I wouldn't even worry about how bad Arsenal is broke...

Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
i've had my share of matches where i've been "locked down". i take it as a compliment, tbh.

then i do my damnedest to make sure i have more damage and kills than he does...or i run his *** around the map (and i try to pick up a few more...that leaves the odds in favor of my team!!)

that sounds like a smart Marauder...

i know i try to lock down healers and make their rounds miserable...

:P
it's not hard at all to get top 3-5 in damage/kills as a Pyro Merc, hell, do it all the time, but as for the compliment part, not so sure. I'd like to think the same thing, but quite a few of my friends roll Mauraders and for them, we're just an easy kill....lol

SonicSicko
11.20.2012 , 12:07 AM | #75
stun.....3 shot.....dead.......roll of 3 rotations of my best abilities and cant even make a dent 1 v's 1.....mercs suck in pvp continually getting hit for 8k a time absolutle fkin rubbish easy target there all laughing at us!!!

Smuglebunny
11.20.2012 , 12:14 AM | #76
survivality is not a word...buff mercs...

WykedSynn
11.20.2012 , 04:20 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
i always have asked myself this question, altho it has evolved and changed shapes and ideas over the years, and i still haven't found the answer.

"do people know when they suck?" to be blunt.

i play a VR60 (3rd alt) PT/MERC and i DOMINATE in PvP. DOMINATE!!! (tbh, i'm pretty good at every class i have played, i just get this game...it's easy)

Merc is not broke, weak, lack utility, <insert whine here>.

straight up 1v1 (even tho this is not a 1v1 game) i have little problems killin any class, any spec.

i hate to say it, but all these complaints are a SERIOUS L2P issue.

sure, YES, there are a few classes that have more "buttons" that make them more difficult to defeat in PvP, but, as a Merc, there is MUCH, MUCH more than the "buttons".

kiting, elevation, los, teammates, terrain, map buffs/heals, using your adrenals at the right time(on the right opponent), too much to try to explain.

let's call it, "situational awareness".

RARELY, do i get >2 people within 25m of me...i see a sniper lock-on, i LOS..who cares if the healer was at 20%...if u can't finish him without taking serious damage, **** (<---which was gee tee ef oh)!

it's very hard to explain to some, but i know there are quite a few Mercs that understand and are HIGHLY successful.

i.e. VR60 PT/Merc 1 WH piece(ear), full BM(minus relics). top damage, kills, fewest deaths ~95% of my matches. SOLO que.

cleanse, stun, kb, snare, heal, mez, 1100+ damage auto attack!, shield, stealth breaker...all don't mean schizer if you suck at playing the class.

which anyone that has difficulties being successful at playing this class need to realize...

you suck @ merc...play something else.

***i'm NOT trying to troll. i am dead serious. i dominate on my merc, no WH gear. i run, i kite, i pick my fights, i solo ANY healer(and kill them) all day, i destroy marauders(if =..if cd's/cleanse is down, not so much :P )

you have to be wily, crafty, and smart. that is why this class fits me. i have a pre 1.1 FULL BM VR68 assassin. i switched from deception to tanksin, and i still play my merc 10x better.
Ok for one stop pretending like the Merc class is a class for elites only, every other class in the game is much easier to play then a merc all around, unless you make the PAINFUL climb to warhero gear through non rank WZ's (because no one will even think of taking any kind of merc to a ranked match) you still do average at best, i started the game on release as a merc, yes tracer was a bit OP ill admit, but literally the next major patch in 1.2 NERFHAMMER TO THE DOME bro, i was in full BM gear and the same people and classes on my server that i had no problem taking on before, were all of the sudden smashing my face in, the rotation DID NOT CHANGE, the stat priority did not change for an arsenal merc but yet i was getting destroyed left and right first day of 1.2. And no this isnt a 1v1 game, but 1v1 helps determine how your class weighs against the others, sometimes winning a match can come down to 1v1 and your class cannot preform then you lose obviously. You cant have 1 class in the game that has to rely on terrain, los, map buffs ect, i have a jugg, assasin, op, sniper, and sorc, all are far easier to play in WZ's, i should not as a merc have to be constantly relying my team to carry my survivability just so i go put a few more dots on some targets before i get creamed, and unless you have the pics to back up your bold statements of DOMINATING as a merc, no one is going to take your opinion seriously, your just gonna look like the kind of wannabe forum crawling elitist that plagues mmos today
The Worldbreaker Legacy

Patch 1.2 Class "balance" fail. Roll back all 1.2 Mercenary DPS class changes - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=409070

WykedSynn
11.20.2012 , 04:25 AM | #78
(Merc is awful and bears little resemblance to the guys it is based on (except for the part where Boba and Jango died embarrassing deaths to melee ).

LOVE IT LOLOLOLOL
The Worldbreaker Legacy

Patch 1.2 Class "balance" fail. Roll back all 1.2 Mercenary DPS class changes - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=409070

yoomazir
11.20.2012 , 07:18 PM | #79
Pretty soon there won't be a merc problem anymore:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=326

Henu
11.20.2012 , 08:16 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Pretty soon there won't be a merc problem anymore:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=326
That solves nothing, will never change my advance class.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.