Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

Marqhill
05.26.2012 , 12:50 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrorgirl View Post
aye i am noob ...if you say so...but believe me i am 70% full wh...and getting hit by 4 6 6 5k in 4 hits from a maraud or jugg dps..sure do not give me to many options to survive...now pls spare me your lecture everyone know that mercenary defense is broken...and you dont even know what you talk about if you dont know atleast that...
and about being very hard to play a mara/jugg...you must be joking me...i have 2 alts and i am soloing everything without even need it to much skills...and no i am not trying to pick a fight with any melee classes but when you get charged by them you dont have any options...you die thats all you cant kite them when you get 4 shooted...and no there is no problem about gear EXPERTIZE and whatever other lame escuse you look after ,...they are op end of story and mercenary class is really broken
Oh my GOD! You're soloing the solo story content that's meant to be soloed?! Clearly you are the master of Star Wars the old republic and there is nothing that I can say to negate you're obvious and absolute mastery of all of the classes. I mean, there's no greater test of player skill then being able to solo story content that is specifically designed to be soloed. That's just crazy!

But seriously if you're getting 4 shotted sometimes by another class then that will happen. Every class, except sorcs/sages, have a series of abilities that when combined with relics/adrenals can completely nuke the CRAP out of a single target or in some cases, like the Merc/Commando, nuke an AoE. I know that if I REALLY want any class in the game dead short of a tank spec'ed Juggernaut, Powertech or Assasin I can do it in about 5 hits but ONLY if I've blown every offensive cool down and get the occasional critical hit thrown in. But more often than not Sentinels and Guardians have to bash away just like everyone else. You're not getting 4 shotted everytime.

Quote:
Getting insane total damage at the end of a Warzone does NOT support Mercs being fine. You can't post a video? How convenient.

I can put up the same numbers as you, so can most Pyro mercs. But fighting a Marauder 1v1 is an uphill battle. They have more tools than Pyro Mercs, that is the problem.

You can spout how great YOU are, I'm sure this thread has stoked Mr. Orange Letters ego with all the shouting he's done about how great he is. But the total damage at the end does not show how good he is, it doesn't show how he deals with Marauders and Assassins 1v1, or that he even can. Show me a video of a Merc dominating equally geared, equally skilled Marauders and Assassins and I'll shut up.

But that just ain't gonna happen.
Why on Earth would you try to solo a marauder/sentinel? Seriously. There's no reason to do that... ever. If you're any other class but a sentinel and you're trying to solo one then you're bad at this game. Period. Unless there is the random desperate situation when everyone else around you has died and you have to fight a sentinel alone then yes, I can understand. But for the most part if you're functioning as a proper team then you should never be fighting a sentinel alone.

I mean honestly, think about this. If you're a bunch of guys with guns and you're fighting a jedi knight don't be a hero! Don't be like, "It's alright guys... I got this." Because that Sentinel is going to make you into a light saber scorched corpse. All of you should turn and shoot the crap out of that guy until he stops moving! There's NOTHING he can do to stop that from happening.

Again, DON'T SOLO SENTINLES/MARAUDERS! It's a team game. Work as a team. Focus them down and live.

SerAlexStark
05.26.2012 , 12:55 PM | #62
^ Wow what a twisted perspective. You are saying I should accept my role as an inferior class to Marauders/Sentinels. I shouldn't HAVE to take a team of people to take out ONE player. That is exactly the reason I am saying Marauders are superior to Mercenaries, they need a team to take them out, Mercenaries just need one Marauder.

Broken.

Just wow.

T-Assassin
05.26.2012 , 01:02 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryannnnnnn View Post
lol, nice pre1.2 screenshots, alots changed since then

LOL...really?

since i didn't get to 50 on my BH until AFTER 1.2, that would be a neat trick.

i'm done debating with the nay sayers. it is obvious that if you don't agree with what they say about Merc sucking, then you are an idiot, a n00b, play on a "weak" server, post old SS's, play against "baddies", etc.

and to the fella that asked if i tried to kite as an Arse spec...sure did!!! it was even easier than on a PT/Merc.

my damage suffered from it, but my survivability was better. the 2 KB's are great...(but, i suck and use terrain, los, and such..i'm sure that would never work on your awesome server)

anyway, i know how good i am, as do my teammates and opponents.

i'm not worried about justifiying my success to the trolls, i'm trying to share my success and tips with those that are open minded enough to accept they could learn a thing or two.

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

T-Assassin
05.26.2012 , 01:10 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNinjaboy View Post
Don't make the comments if you can't back it up. Save us all a lot of time and trouble replying to gibberish.
guess this will be my last response to you then (see RED text.)

i've done everything except post video backing everything up. even SS's of dummy DPS. i've listed tactics, playstyle, mentality, etc.

like i've told you before, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink it.

when i get into vent and discuss these posts, and explain my attempts at helping the Merc community to them, they laugh...they see me play, and know how well i do...

and, i think i will finally take advice from one of them, when they told me, "f**k 'em".

T-Assassin
05.26.2012 , 01:14 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrorgirl View Post
i so hope you really tried to kite a melee as arsenal because you have 0 clues how this kite things work when you die in 10sec....i sure hope you are not one of those ridiculous trolls who didnt bothered to try all 3 specs and to understand that 2 out of 3 are OUT of league...they are unusable for pvp
you've never seen ME kite before...

i'm motherf***in' Ben Franklin. or...Ben Franklin's son, depending on how you view history :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjZR1Rjj_p0

T-Assassin
05.26.2012 , 01:19 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Marqhill View Post
I said all kinds of stuff that makes complete sense...therefore, it will go uncomprehended by 95% of this board.

Sounds like you need to learn to be more of a team player if you're going to play Arsenal.

i like you

i've played (or am leveling to attempt to) play everyclass and spec. learn it's strengths/weaknesses.

good post.

T-Assassin
05.26.2012 , 01:23 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by SerAlexStark View Post
Getting insane total damage at the end of a Warzone does NOT support Mercs being fine. You can't post a video? How convenient.

I can put up the same numbers as you, so can most Pyro mercs. But fighting a Marauder 1v1 is an uphill battle. They have more tools than Pyro Mercs, that is the problem.

You can spout how great YOU are, I'm sure this thread has stoked Mr. Orange Letters ego with all the shouting he's done about how great he is. But the total damage at the end does not show how good he is, it doesn't show how he deals with Marauders and Assassins 1v1, or that he even can. Show me a video of a Merc dominating equally geared, equally skilled Marauders and Assassins and I'll shut up.

But that just ain't gonna happen.
mr. orange here.

i use my kb, my stun, my heal, my instant cast/mezz, snare, i don't waste tech attacks during force shroud, i kite back to my teammates, i use terrain, my auto attack hits for a bunch (1132 currently in PvP gear w/ 1264 expertise), i stay > 10m, i fake left go right, i use air vents, jump off walls, aw...eff it :P

why am i explaining myself again?

Mercs suck. we can't beat anyone, especially melee...buff us, please...

TheNinjaboy
05.26.2012 , 03:08 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
guess this will be my last response to you then (see RED text.)

i've done everything except post video backing everything up. even SS's of dummy DPS. i've listed tactics, playstyle, mentality, etc.

like i've told you before, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink it.

when i get into vent and discuss these posts, and explain my attempts at helping the Merc community to them, they laugh...they see me play, and know how well i do...

and, i think i will finally take advice from one of them, when they told me, "f**k 'em".

I'm just going to say this - We're all on the same side here.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that post 1.2 BH Mercs are working as they should be in PvP. Especially not Arsenal spec.

In order to stay constructive I would like to point people to the direction of this thread -

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=445401

Marqhill
05.26.2012 , 03:34 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
mr. orange here.
why am i explaining myself again?

Mercs suck. we can't beat anyone, especially melee...buff us, please...
Ya know what's going to happen? Eventually Bioware is going to buff mercs. The people who are terrible (Which is pretty much every bounty hunter player in this thread except for you and I think one other guy) are going to complain that the buffs are useless and not what they asked for. Or that the buffs aren't enough and they should have been buffed more. They will continue to get murdered by better DPS players and they will continue to cry. On the other hand players like yourself will absolutely dominate war zones and contribute directly to your teams success.

This is EXACTLY what I went through with my Vigilance spec'ed Jedi Guardian. Before I spec'ed into it people said that the skill tree was garbage unless you were doing a DPS/Tank hybrid. But I liked what I read so I did it anyway. As I continually got more and more geared I became better and better until people started asking me what skill tree I was using and then they found out that I was using that "crappy" skill tree that everyone had already dismissed.

Pre 1.2 I was consistently putting up top 5 damage in war zones. Post 1.2 it's usually a pretty strange occurance if I'm not in the top 3 if not top damage in war zones. It's also extremely rare that I'm on the losing side of a war zone currently either. They buffed my skill tree with a lot of little buffs that make a big difference but even before that I was doing quite well. Guess what people told me when I explained how well I was doing with it, "The people on your server must be baddies!" "Videos or it doesn't count!" "Clearly you're full if it." "You're not a real PvP'er!" "You must be beating on people that are really under geared!" and a bunch of things like that... Funny thing is that a lot of those people were STILL complaining that the buffs were either not enough or weren't what they asked for up until they presumably unsubbed. Losers.

Don't worry about haters. You just keep doing what you do. You being good as a merc is going to make good players better and it's going to make bad players cry. I'm new to MMO's but I'm fast finding out that's just how it works.

DaPorkchop
05.27.2012 , 05:56 AM | #70
I was going to read all 7 pages but then it started turning into a huge novel.

I will say this, however. I mostly agree with Assassin. As far as your major role in a TEAM BASED WZ, you are supposed to put out damage. While I think Pyrotech Mercs are for the number lovers, I think Arsenal still has a place (and a better one than Pyro) in WZ.

For me, 3k - 4k - 5k - 3k with a ticking dot equals a dead healer or ball carrier for Huttball. This is in Arsenal and I play on The Swiftsure and against pretty well geared premades. If, the healer LoS's you, switch to a dps. Either way you are still putting insane pressure on a healer. I don't think any other class (maybe snipers) put out as much raw damage as an Arsenal BH.

Edit: Ok. Just q'd as arsenal, had a mara on me the whole game. Was no fun.

On Pyro, i think the numbers are skewed as you don't have to see your target to do damage to them once they have your dots. I may be mistaken, but no other class has the dots we have. So of course you are going to have more overall damage than everyone else. And with dots, healers have time to heal through your dots. But, having dots on everyone makes the healers job a little more difficult. And at the end of the game, pyrotechs do have the most overall damage. And they can solo almost any class - except heals.

Edit: But i also agree - we have no interrupt and no root. we have snares if specced. our shield is useless in comparison to everyone else defensive abilities. powertech can do just as much, if not more damage as pyrotech (again skewed because it's not burst). We have one role - damage output. Other classes may not do AS much damage but have way more utility.