Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.19.2012 , 05:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Diddley View Post
No offense, but If every player saved screens of their best scores we'd all have a similar folder. FYI, it's the utility and defense that mercs most crave in pvp, not more dps.
you can lead a horse to water...

look at the #'s...c'mon!! look at my deaths in comparison to everyone else...

i bring evidence, you bring closed-minded, unwillingness to accept the class is VERY playable...

in the right hands.

*EDIT* for fun (look at all those BH's :P):

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8...2040602442.jpg
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Diddley's Avatar


Diddley
05.19.2012 , 05:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
you can lead a horse to water...

look at the #'s...c'mon!! look at my deaths in comparison to everyone else...

i bring evidence, you bring closed-minded, unwillingness to accept the class is VERY playable...

in the right hands.
You brought evidence of high dps in those examples, which is great... happy for you.

Yes, pyro is very playable. In pug warzones I also find it easy to top the charts. If there's a healer backing me then I can get obscene dps, as could any other class. However, mercs are under powered compared to so many others in terms of utility. Arsenal also suffers in terms of dps. No amount of screenshots can disprove that.

LoKiei's Avatar


LoKiei
05.20.2012 , 12:32 AM | #23
Aresenal is useless for PvP, pyro still does OK.

Macroecon's Avatar


Macroecon
05.20.2012 , 01:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
i bring evidence, you bring closed-minded, unwillingness to accept the class is VERY playable...in the right hands.
Of course it is playable in the right hands. But with those very same hands you could do better with another class. This is so blatantly obvious. Yet people will always point at a high Merc dps score and exclaim, "See, nothing is wrong!". I've scored 750k in damage with a Merc Pyro. But that was on a toon geared better than any other PvP toon on ANY server. Period. That is nothing compared to what my Marauder can do. With 4 pieces of BM (all armor, none weapons) and full Recruit everywhere else, I've scored 580k (damage + heals) while using no adrenals, no PvP consumables AND while entering midway through the match.

Play balance isn't proved by the existence of a single player who can light up the scoreboard with a given subclass. It is about each subclass fairing equivalently when they are piloted by players of equal skill. And that is not happening right now.

krarom's Avatar


krarom
05.20.2012 , 07:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
be constructive and positive and see how that goes...i bet it'll go over a lil' better.

i will say this. it is a L2P issue.

some classes have better burst, some can heal...

pvp is a team concept, and i believe Merc is probably the closed to a well put together class than most others.(because it fits my playstyle).

get over your inability to play the class successfully, or to its full potential, and reroll a faceroll class or FoTM.

^that's all it boils down to.
Hi Assasin!

I think there are some great BH Arsenal people that make it work, id love to get better and would love for some god BH Arsenal player show a video (from past 1,2) how they play, it doesent have to be perfekt or your team win, just to se how its done. If possibly with commentaries. This is not sarcasm or something, i am lvl 47 BH Arsenal and think its fun class so just wanna be able to see and learn. Its alot writings weather the specc is gimped or not, so something of use wouldbe great,

best regards
Kraros

AntckLawin's Avatar


AntckLawin
05.20.2012 , 07:53 AM | #26
I would greatly appeciate a fraps video of all the people who claim to dominate pvp so that I may learn to be awesome.

fujeo-finel's Avatar


fujeo-finel
05.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/885...2051023464.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555...2051018155.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7...2051017372.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...2050221405.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6...2050122150.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8...2042500535.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/...2041821022.jpg


***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!
I hope you realize there is no way to tell if you're playing a PT or a Merc from those shots. And BTW, what the hell is a PT/Merc?

Edit: Oh, healing spells, must be playing Pyro.

2nd Edit: Never more than 4 BH's. WZ stacked with Sorc's and Mara's.

TheNinjaboy's Avatar


TheNinjaboy
05.20.2012 , 08:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/885...2051023464.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555...2051018155.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7...2051017372.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...2050221405.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6...2050122150.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8...2042500535.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/...2041821022.jpg


***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!
You play on a non-competitive, dead server, that has horrid bad players.

You can pretty much go AFK and get those numbers in that situation.

Mercs are the worst class in the game.

crrypto's Avatar


crrypto
05.20.2012 , 12:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNinjaboy View Post
You play on a non-competitive, dead server, that has horrid bad players.

You can pretty much go AFK and get those numbers in that situation.

Mercs are the worst class in the game.
Ninja, I thought you quit. Haven't seen you on PO5 for a long time. Did you roll somewhere else?

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.20.2012 , 12:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by krarom View Post
Hi Assasin!

I think there are some great BH Arsenal people that make it work, id love to get better and would love for some god BH Arsenal player show a video (from past 1,2) how they play, it doesent have to be perfekt or your team win, just to se how its done. If possibly with commentaries. This is not sarcasm or something, i am lvl 47 BH Arsenal and think its fun class so just wanna be able to see and learn. Its alot writings weather the specc is gimped or not, so something of use wouldbe great,

best regards
Kraros
currently, my knowledge of the Arsenal spec is VERY limited.

perhaps i should spec into Arsenal!!! see how good i can play it!!
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -