Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help please - I know nothing about computers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Need help please - I know nothing about computers

OceanicTR
05.18.2012 , 02:45 AM | #1
Hi Guys

Right im in a bit of a pickle at the moment and would love some help please.

Yesterday i went out and bought a new M18x alienware so i could play this game at last. I started to install the game it all went fine then when i had almost burned last disk on i went out. on my returne i noticed the computer had shut its self down before the final disk was on.

So the problem im having now is when i try to down load the game again it just opens up and displays a messege along the lines of..... Do you want to unistall Star wars... I have tried clicking on yes and then on no but nothing is happening.

I dont know if this will work but right now im trying to just burn all 3 disks contence to a document and see if it will work then.

Any help would be great thanks

Steve

dazednconfuzed
05.18.2012 , 03:36 AM | #2
There is a downloadable version of the client available in your account page on this site. Try that one instead, it'll save you playing about with discs, if nothing else.

As for the rest of your problem, it sounds like your partial install added some registry entries, but obviously didn't finish installing, so your PC thinks it is installed, but it isn't.

Since you don't know much about computers, I'd suggest either getting someone who does know about PCs in to take a look for you, or download some kind of registry cleaner type software.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

OceanicTR
05.18.2012 , 04:06 AM | #3
My friend....... You are amazing. i have been sitting here for 2 days trying to sort this out thanks so much it works.

I owe you a pint!

OceanicTR
05.18.2012 , 04:15 AM | #4
My friend....... You are amazing. i have been sitting here for 2 days trying to sort this out thanks so much it works.

I owe you a pint!

OceanicTR
05.18.2012 , 04:20 AM | #5

I owe you a pint!

dazednconfuzed
05.18.2012 , 04:22 AM | #6
Omg... his Pc problems also managed to clone him

Incredible, lol.

OceanicTR
05.18.2012 , 04:38 AM | #7
lol goes to show u what i mean about i know nothing hehe my bad

dazednconfuzed
05.18.2012 , 04:50 AM | #8
Hehe, no worries mate. Glad I could help

Ellvaan
05.18.2012 , 11:13 PM | #9
Greetings OceanicTR!

We are glad to hear that your problem was resolved! We are going to go ahead and close this but we hope you are enjoying Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and we look forward to your feedback!

Have a great night!