Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Problems with the Prequels


Jaavik's Avatar


Jaavik
05.31.2012 , 01:13 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by ISDEnterprise View Post
Anyone who thinks the motivations and explanations for him going to the darkside were enough without him being batpoo insane is just wrong and doesn't know writing.

In the end of the only viable reason that he went to the dark side is that he has some kind of mental disorder. Anakin is seriously just insane. He's mentally unstable. That's why he fell so easily.
I think there is a difference between insanity and temporary insanity. If he had a mental disorder, he never would have turned back in "Return of the Jedi".

What I got out of it was that it was about attachment and loss. They made a point to talk about how Anakin was too old to be trained and they were concerned about his attachment to his mother. And they showed the obvious results of that. Anakin had fallen in love with padme and wasn't willing to go through the loss he had already suffered with his Mother. He was desperate, he was manipulated and he was frustrated (being as powerful as he was and arrogant).
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.07.2012 , 08:51 PM | #212
Uh oh.
This thread is dying.
Better start it up again.
Another problem is that Sidious convinced the Senate to give him the powers of a king (or an Emperor).
Really, even our Senate isn't that corrupt.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 08:57 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
Uh oh.
This thread is dying.
Better start it up again.
Another problem is that Sidious convinced the Senate to give him the powers of a king (or an Emperor).
Really, even our Senate isn't that corrupt.
How is that a problem? Hitler did the same thing.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.07.2012 , 09:04 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
How is that a problem? Hitler did the same thing.
But it was a time of despair in Germany, they just lost WWI; the citizens of Germany would listen to anyone who could make them great again.
In the Republic Senate, they were enjoying years of peace; the Republic running efficiently without any problems at all, except for a group of business owners declaring that they don't want to be part of the Republic anymore.

Example:
Walmart saying that they are separating from the US.
So what.
They just wouldnt be able to make money anymore.
Then they would return, and everything's back to normal.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 09:11 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
But it was a time of despair in Germany, they just lost WWI; the citizens of Germany would listen to anyone who could make them great again.
In the Republic Senate, they were enjoying years of peace; the Republic running efficiently without any problems at all, except for a group of business owners declaring that they don't want to be part of the Republic anymore.

Example:
Walmart saying that they are separating from the US.
So what.
They just wouldnt be able to make money anymore.
Then they would return, and everything's back to normal.
Enjoying peace? No Palpatine got his emergency powers, during war that had been going on for years. The senate, wanted the war over with so it was suggested that they all give emergency powers to Palpatine so he could do whatever he had to do to stop the war from going on.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.07.2012 , 09:12 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Enjoying peace? No Palpatine got his emergency powers, during war that had been going on for years. The senate, wanted the war over with so it was suggested that they all give emergency powers to Palpatine so he could do whatever he had to do to stop the war from going on.
Oops.
Sorry, got mixed up with something else...
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.07.2012 , 09:15 PM | #217
Ok, a different issue.
In Episode I, Padme was about twice the age Anakin was.
Then, in Episode II, they decide to marry?
Don't they have restrictions on how old until you can marry!
I sure hope they do!
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 09:21 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
Ok, a different issue.
In Episode I, Padme was about twice the age Anakin was.
Then, in Episode II, they decide to marry?
Don't they have restrictions on how old until you can marry!
I sure hope they do!
Their ages weren't that far apart, he was 9 and she was 12.

10 years pass, Anakin is 19, she is 22

There have been much bigger age gaps then that, and people still got married.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.07.2012 , 09:23 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Their ages weren't that far apart, he was 9 and she was 12.

10 years pass, Anakin is 19, she is 22

There have been much bigger age gaps then that, and people still got married.
Padme in Episode I was 12?!
She must of had a growth spurt in the movies...
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
06.07.2012 , 09:30 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
Padme in Episode I was 12?!
She must of had a growth spurt in the movies...
Plus they are from different planets. Age X on one worl might be closer to Age Z on the other world.