Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UnderWorld Trading Armor Schematics... Remove class restiction...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
UnderWorld Trading Armor Schematics... Remove class restiction...

Ohoni
12.18.2011 , 11:40 AM | #11
Quote:
You have two options, both based on the fact that Nar Shadda has a cross faction GTM.
Wait, so the "Galactic Trade Network" is actually Planetary in nature? Why isn't it a single auction system no matter where you access it from?

Azar_SWTOR
12.18.2011 , 12:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohoni View Post
Wait, so the "Galactic Trade Network" is actually Planetary in nature? Why isn't it a single auction system no matter where you access it from?
Not Planetary.... Faction specific.
"Fortes fortuna adiuvat"

Ohoni
12.18.2011 , 08:17 PM | #13
Quote:
Not Planetary.... Faction specific.
But Slaign said that the Nar GTN is not faction specific, which would indicate that it does not share the same database as the others. Is the Fleet GTN distinct from the Coruscant/Kaas ones too?

Sabrel
12.18.2011 , 08:34 PM | #14
But Slaign said that the Nar GTN is not faction specific, which would indicate that it does not share the same database as the others. Is the Fleet GTN distinct from the Coruscant/Kaas ones too?
There are 3 GTNs. Empire, Republic, and Black Market (Neutral, Nar Shaddaa). If you are not on Nar Shaddaa, you are accessing your faction's GTN.

Vrumpt
12.18.2011 , 08:47 PM | #15
They really need to just make it so you'll never get a recipe for the opposite faction.

I'm sure hardly anybody knows about the neutral GTN so thats really not a viable solution

Tristam_Ward
12.18.2011 , 08:57 PM | #16
At first people wont be using the neutral faction GTN but in a short time that will be the main one. I would rather make gear to sell to the whole game rather then just my faction. And Id be glad to have recipes used by the other side.

AndiusTheGreat
12.18.2011 , 08:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
There are no class restrictions as for schematics, what are you talking about?
Wrong. I've gotten about 5 schematics for Imperial classes only and 2 actually usable by the Republic.

I would tweak the suggestion. I don't care if you make the armor faction specific but do us a favor.

Imperial items only for imperials. Republic items only for people playing Republic.

That way I am not sitting there with a bag full of really great items.... that are entirely useless to me, and everyone in my guild. Crafting should encourage trade but nothing should encourage cross-faction trade.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Warlockco
12.18.2011 , 09:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tristam_Ward View Post
At first people wont be using the neutral faction GTN but in a short time that will be the main one. I would rather make gear to sell to the whole game rather then just my faction. And Id be glad to have recipes used by the other side.
Not likely to happen.
Look at WoW for an example.
Most AH use is for ones own faction. About the only time the Neutral AH is used, is when transferring stuff from one faction to the other, or trying to sell faction specific items to the other faction.

Oloth
12.24.2011 , 12:04 PM | #19
They can't just make the schematics so anyone can use them, because then Jedi would be running around in Sith armor and they don't want that. What they should do, however, is make sure that the random tables are completely separate between Rep and Imp sides, so that nobody on the Republic side will EVER come across a piece of gear or a schematic that can only be used by an Imp character.
This +1

I have 3 schematics for armormech and ALL of them are for republic classes, and I'm empire. Either I'm THAT unlucky or there is something terribly wrong here...
D E C I M A
D E S P A I R
Starstorm One
EU Sith Raiding Guild

Oloth
12.24.2011 , 12:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabrel View Post
There are 3 GTNs. Empire, Republic, and Black Market (Neutral, Nar Shaddaa). If you are not on Nar Shaddaa, you are accessing your faction's GTN.
That clarifies a few things, not such a big deal now but still we shouldnt be getting cross faction schematics THAT often, I've gotten 4 republic / 0 empire ones for armormech on my sith warrior... sucks...
D E C I M A
D E S P A I R
Starstorm One
EU Sith Raiding Guild