Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UnderWorld Trading Armor Schematics... Remove class restiction...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
UnderWorld Trading Armor Schematics... Remove class restiction...

Spyde
12.18.2011 , 03:29 AM | #1
As title says.. Remove class restriction or add where its cross faction IE all jedi knight gear can be worn by Sith Warrior.. etc etc for the others.

Just add Light/Dark Restrictions.

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.18.2011 , 03:32 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
As title says.. Remove class restriction or add where its cross faction IE all jedi knight gear can be worn by Sith Warrior.. etc etc for the others.

Just add Light/Dark Restrictions.
There are no class restrictions as for schematics, what are you talking about?
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????

Stalkz
12.18.2011 , 04:02 AM | #3
Im not so sure your right mate

ive done a fair few UWT Missions and last night i got a Schematic for a Jedi Knight / Tropper Heavy Armour (3 Slot Orange Modded legs Recipe) Called "Troopers Leggings" or something similiar, but it had the name Trooper in their title, giving away pretty much who they were designed for.

And im not the only person in my guild to get Schematics for the opposing faction.

They should make these just a "Heavy Armour" Schematic and not a labeled Schematic rendering them useless for the opposing faction.

ColonelKer-Nal
12.18.2011 , 04:04 AM | #4
Or just make the entire market cross faction. That would be better for the economy anyway.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

Fhatal
12.18.2011 , 04:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelKer-Nal View Post
Or just make the entire market cross faction. That would be better for the economy anyway.
It should be..... The name is Galactic Trade Network.

And add a search function so i can type in a keyword....

Ohoni
12.18.2011 , 04:30 AM | #6
They can't just make the schematics so anyone can use them, because then Jedi would be running around in Sith armor and they don't want that. What they should do, however, is make sure that the random tables are completely separate between Rep and Imp sides, so that nobody on the Republic side will EVER come across a piece of gear or a schematic that can only be used by an Imp character.

BrotherPain
12.18.2011 , 04:54 AM | #7
I'd say either remove the faction requirement, or remove cross-faction recipes from being found with UT. I think two thirds of the recipes I've found on my Guardian has been for Sithies..

Slaign
12.18.2011 , 05:02 AM | #8
You have two options, both based on the fact that Nar Shadda has a cross faction GTM.

1. Sell the schematic on the Nar Shadda GTM
2. Learn the schematic and sell the products on the Nar Shadda GTM.

While I favor changing the restrictions to become based upon Light and Dark rather than class, for now, the system isn't entirely broken. As I said above, you do have options for these schems. They are not useless.

ColonelKer-Nal
12.18.2011 , 05:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohoni View Post
They can't just make the schematics so anyone can use them, because then Jedi would be running around in Sith armor and they don't want that.
Frankly, I don't want that, either. But it's a simple matter to make the skin on the item depend on the class of the wearer. Or, if you really want to get entertaining, let it depend on the alignment of the wearer.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

Slaign
12.18.2011 , 05:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelKer-Nal View Post
Frankly, I don't want that, either. But it's a simple matter to make the skin on the item depend on the class of the wearer. Or, if you really want to get entertaining, let it depend on the alignment of the wearer.
I think you are vastly underestimating the complexity of creating an entirely new system that changes appearance based on class or alignment. Coding these things are NOT simple, and no, some If/Then pseudo-code does not represent in any way how it would actually work.

The only option they have in that vein is to change the restrictions away from class based and make it alignment based, a system already in existence. However, this would still have the effect of Jedi in Sith armor and vice versa, which would be somewhat strange regardless of alignment. Dark Jedi are not Sith, and Light Sith are not Jedi.

Edit: You would also see Bounty Hunters, Jedi, and Sith in Trooper armor. as they can wear the same armor types. This would be bad. No, I'm afraid they really have to keep the restrictions.

They could make it so you do not discover cross faction schematics, and in order to obtain them if you want the for some reason, you have to use the black market on Nar Shadda. Still, as it is, you can get rid of cross faction schems through said Black Market.