Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has anyone else never even seen a Star wars movie...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Has anyone else never even seen a Star wars movie...?

Nevzo
12.13.2011 , 12:09 PM | #31
good movies?

Shawshank redemption, Green mile, curse of the golden flower, lord of the rings, Big, drop dead fred, labrynth, shutter island etc

I have wide range of taste, but just never seen star wars, and no desire to..

Maybe if I fall in love with the game I will want to watch them.. heres to hoping that happens

Wolfninjajedi
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #32
If you haven't seen Star Wars, then your a communist. Is what I would like to say, but won't however I still am in denial about a person never seeing Star Wars.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Crumblin
12.13.2011 , 04:03 PM | #33
I never wanted to watch Harry Potter because I thought the hype about a kids book that was IMO terribly cliched, was so over the top.
I caved and whilst I didn't love it, it wasn't bad, and I could see why somepeople raved about it. I realised what a prat I'd been to make an assumption about something just because of the cult that had built up around it.

So ask yourself a question.
Have you ever met anyone who says they don't like the ORIGINAL starwars film?

If yes, then fine.
But if no, then why not come across to the dark side.

Star wars was one of the first epic sci-fi films. Almost everyone seems to agree that Mr Lucas made it worse when he added extra special effects and dabbled with a masterpiece.
There is an awful lot of love in the world for this film, and whilst it might not be your cup of tea, I can guarentee that unless you sit in a cupboard with a bucket over your head, you've spent your time watching a lot more terrible quality tv/films in tha last month.

Spoil yourself.

PhantomAxxaxxin
12.13.2011 , 04:04 PM | #34
If you've never seen Star Wars, you probably want the terrorists to win.
A fan of the Fett...

Charoite
12.13.2011 , 04:08 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Hesterlicioius View Post
I just finished watching it. It is worth the money I'd say. I never knew how rough of shape Threepio was in until we popped in a New Hope.
Thank you Hesterlicioius.

MawBone
12.13.2011 , 04:16 PM | #36
The history of star wars is vast and addictive. If you want to just play the game and you like it then that should tell you that you'll like the movies it only a hour and a half out of your life check it out.
Every life has a price.

Drakearth
12.14.2011 , 12:50 AM | #37
My girlfriend and I, we look all the movie in order I to VI so for her who never see it before. she think the saga just get better in IV, V, VI with a more mystical vision of the Force compare to the I II III where the Force is just some mediclorian.... totaly agreed with her... i like movie who explain the mystical in it but take the Force and resume it at a simple microbian life FAIL

Sardonic
12.14.2011 , 12:54 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevzo View Post
I haven't, and have no intentions to.

I love MMO's of all types, so i will probably love this too.. am I the only non-nerd who's going to be playing? I really don't like the star wars franchise as a whole tbh ;-)
Well...

You don't have to like Star Wars to enjoy the game but i'd say being on a forum posting about a computer game is all the nerd cred you need.

Mikemartel
12.14.2011 , 01:00 AM | #39
Well, the movies are kind of a must see, it should be on your list of movies to watch before you die, but saying your a communist or that you must want the terrorist to win because you didn't see the movie is just plain bad taste. But seeing the movie gives you a good view of the universe of star wars and you'll probably want to explore this universe more and more. With the all books, comics, tv series, movies and games, you have a lot of material.

Stingermb
12.14.2011 , 01:15 AM | #40
Just go away.