Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your FIrst Star Wars Novel.

utio
05.17.2012 , 05:35 PM | #11
Return of the jedi. I still have it, but it's a bit battered now.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Hambunctious
05.17.2012 , 06:17 PM | #12
Splinter in the Mind's Eye was my first, back in the day.

I did read the Thrawn Trilogy many years later, but those are all I've read, or wanted to read.

vian
05.17.2012 , 06:26 PM | #13
I don't talk about my first one, but then, I was only 9 when I wrote it ...

Oh, you mean read?

That'd be the novelisation of the film. I got it through the scholastic book club, without my parents knowing. (they were concerned about the effect of Science Fiction on my faith. Heh.)
Two blasters; no waiting!

OldVengeance
05.17.2012 , 06:28 PM | #14
I think it might have been Shadows of the Empire. At least that was the first one I remember that I read all the way through.

kirorx
05.17.2012 , 06:35 PM | #15
Either shadows of the empire, would have been after N64 game or Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina.

jarjarloves
05.17.2012 , 07:13 PM | #16
Tales of the Bounty Hunter. I got it because I like Boba Fett. No really.

topspyn
05.17.2012 , 08:05 PM | #17
"Vector Prime". I got the first 3 books of The New Jedi Order with a giftcard from my birthday because I liked the Star Wars movies. And I really liked them... I read all of The New Jedi Order and Legacy Of The Force, and am now reading Fate Of The Jedi.

I've seen many people voicing very poor opinions of all these series, but I think they're great. They show how the lives of familiar characters have progressed, so there's an instant draw (though this isn't necessary... I'm also reading the Darth Bane stuff). I also think the storyline of NJO, and particularly the one that starts in Star By Star and continues into LotF and beyond, is pretty epic. I like epic.
Read and comment on my blog!
http://rationalreaction.blogspot.com

DarthRobert
05.17.2012 , 09:13 PM | #18
Han Solo at Star's End by Brian Daley. I may be romanticising it, but I remember it with some fondness. It was a long time ago.

MaceWislu
05.18.2012 , 02:17 AM | #19
My first Star Wars novel that I read was the Star Wars by George Lucas published and released before the first movie came out in 1977? It had the original version of the Anakin vs. Obi-wan fight where Anakin falls into a pool of Lava. After the movie came out the book was re-released without that part in the book.

LeeC
05.18.2012 , 07:33 AM | #20
Does anyone remember the junior jedi knight novels? I read a couple of them for book reports back when I was in the 5th grade (back in '96). They were fun to read (the adventures of young anakin solo and his friend tahiri) back then but I doubt they would have stood up to the test of time. I do remember that I never read the first book in the series but started with 2 and read 3 but never finished the series (5 books). Reading Anakin using his force abilities to crush/stop a heart was cool.

I cant rightly remember if I read X Wing Rogue squadron first or these novels.