Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja Crafting Mats

Zoiks
05.23.2012 , 08:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
In WoW, if you engaged in a trade transaction through chat, and you are ripped off, and you report it, there will be an investigation and if the investigation shows you got ripped off, you will get your items back and the offender will be punished. I know this as fact as having had it happen to me. Chat logs showed what was agreed to and trade logs showed what was traded.

It is little different than agreeing to a loot system in pre-made groups only to have the loot distributor go against the agreed upon rules and give an item won by roll to his buddy instead of the roll winner.

Simply put, a system IS in place in WoW to prevent these types of actions.
Exactly.

In WoW it is common to see people in the chat requesting things be made by complete strangers, saying "have mats", meaning that person will provide the crafter with the required crafting materials. And that's because Blizzard enforces the idea that players are entering into a contract by agreeing to craft something for someone and taking those materials. Eventually I'm sure they'll implement a mechanic to automate the crafting without any risk, but until then their GMs act as arbiters.

Personally I doubt SWTOR GMs are not allowed to intervene in this type of case, and to the OP I would suggest trying to report this player's behavior again. CS in this game is very hit or miss, with some of the CSR not even bothering to read past the first couple words of a ticket, or cherry picking out key words like a bot.

Make sure to ask that they check the chat log with an approximate time when it happened, location (zone and server), what chat channels were used (general, trade, whisper, etc.), your character name, their character name, and the name of the item(s) that were transferred. If you get the same response, request that your complaint be escalated, and include all previous CS ticket numbers in that request.

ydenneksirhc
11.02.2012 , 10:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aloro View Post
Sure, it happens frequently in other games, and it happens frequently here. But that doesn't mean that there are game systems for this elsewhere, nor does it mean that there ought to be game systems here for this.

In WoW, I know of no mechanic that allows for what the OP is requesting. Nor do I know of any such mechanic in EQ or EQII or LotRO or AoC or DCU or CO or STO or... actually, no games do that, that I know of.

This is utter nonsense. If you engage in a trade with another character, and they somehow found a way to hack the game and force the trade window to cheat you... then sure, devs would step in. But if you get a random stranger to promise to make you something, and you send that total stranger some materials in advance, and then that total stranger rips you off... it's all on you. It's up to you to make sure that your trades are fair. That's not the devs' business, nor should it be. They have other things to spend their time on, besides mediating between parties in trades.

The bottom line is always CAVEAT EMPTOR: "Let the buyer beware". It's your responsibility to ensure that you're happy with the details of the trade. And again, other than hacking or other explicit cheating, the devs have nothing to do with this sort of thing, here or in any other game.

Hardly. I've played over two dozen MMOs in the last thirteen years. At no point, in any of those games, have I felt that it would be wise or prudent to send cash or valuables to a stranger. In all cases, I either dealt with friends, or over the AH, or arranged to buy a finished product (for which I might pay cash or materials or some combination thereof). And I've never experienced this as a problem; I'd do the same in real life, after all.

I'm genuinely sorry the OP went through this. I'm not being callous; I don't enjoy the suffering of others. But the OP was foolish and the devs are not responsible for that. Sorry. Next time, please be more careful. That's all that anyone can offer you here: good advice, well intended.
This is a joke right? Its an MMO, trade is what makes the economy go around, and we need trustable crafters to make that economy work, depending on guildies to get the crafting recipes would either take forever or everyone would join the same few guilds just to get the trust of the only few ppl on the server who have the recipes, so with your logic, we cant trust most people out there. I agree with the guy who you quoted, saying bioware should implement a system to record the chats, catch the ninjas, punish them, return the mats or item to the original buyer. Its not a bad idea. Its an MMO, whats the point if we cant trust and co-exist with other people? If everyone sticks to their own guildies, and no one can work and trust anyone outside their guilds, the MMO wouldn't be succesfull. Before you come bashing me back, take into account this is just my OPINION of what makes sense to me.
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

JacksonMo
11.03.2012 , 08:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Honeygurl View Post
so I'm never supposed to have stuff crafted again. great point considering only 3 people have the plans and one doesn't play anymore.
Most folks trade mats for finished product.

JacksonMo
11.03.2012 , 09:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Most folks trade mats for finished product.
Quote: Originally Posted by Honeygurl View Post
I never gave him the Money, i gave him the mats. I've done about 20+ HM OPS and have never seen it drop so take your smart comments somewhere else. My post was that this could be a major issue.
Since when to exotech stim schematics drop in HM Ops?
Those can be bought from the Black Hole vendor on fleet. In fact I bought on with a level 20 biochem alt with the coms they gave out for the first round of server mergers. Cost 20 coms I believe.
I could be mistaken, that alt just hit 50 this week and has never been on an op.

Meepbot
11.03.2012 , 11:10 PM | #25
Lol resurrecting a thread from May.... anyway, its the OP's fault on this one in my eyes, given the information I have. From what the OP said as far as I can tell, he didnt check to see if the person was online, he didnt ask the "ninja" why it was taking so long, when he traded the mats to the "ninja" he didnt view the "ninja's" schematics to even see if he was a Biochem. This is not BW's responsibilty because OP made a mistake.
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Ikod
11.06.2012 , 11:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aloro View Post
In WoW, I know of no mechanic that allows for what the OP is requesting. Nor do I know of any such mechanic in EQ or EQII or LotRO or AoC or DCU or CO or STO or... actually, no games do that, that I know of.

This is utter nonsense. If you engage in a trade with another character, and they somehow found a way to hack the game and force the trade window to cheat you... then sure, devs would step in. But if you get a random stranger to promise to make you something, and you send that total stranger some materials in advance, and then that total stranger rips you off... it's all on you. It's up to you to make sure that your trades are fair. That's not the devs' business, nor should it be. They have other things to spend their time on, besides mediating between parties in trades.

Wrong answer, thanks for playing but try again. If you set up a trade in chat on WoW and a few others if you get ripped off you can submit a report and GMs' WILL intervine and punish the offender.

jamescloutier
11.06.2012 , 01:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Since when to exotech stim schematics drop in HM Ops?
Basically always from EV & KP HM OPs. The trash can drop them and use to be the only way to get the schematic. However the chances of finding them were very very low. Personally only seen it drop 3 times and I've been running OPs since February.

Holytoe
11.06.2012 , 07:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
It sucks that that happened to you. It really does. But you really, really took a huge risk by asking some stranger to do it.

If there were some sort of in-game craft request, perhaps through the GTN, where a commitment from both parts can be arranged, it'd would be different. But now, all you have is trust. And sadly, it's a risk putting much of it on strangers.
A possible fix is a "buy" order for items. EvE Online uses this, which shows the crafters what items are desired. Downside is the buyer is required to put their money up until the buy order is filled. And the order is not guaranteed to be filled, but it can show demand for items if players utilize it.

Not sure this mechanic would work in Swtor, but I guess anything is possible. It could definitely reduce all the WTS and WTB advertising players post in fleet's general chat.
Life is a delicate negotiation. cake is a lie and this is all a figment of your imagination. And the sith code about passion... interesting...

Honeygurl
11.06.2012 , 10:22 PM | #29
this was posted back in May no need to keep posting on it

Asavrede
11.07.2012 , 05:27 AM | #30
Actually a reverse GTN type system, where people can post requests for crafters to make items, and crafters can deliver their items directly to fulfill those requests would be awesome.