Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Known Jedi Consular Bugs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Known Jedi Consular Bugs

GeLopez
12.18.2011 , 03:18 AM | #1
I figured this would be a good thread to make. Post your own bugs and I'll keep the OP updated.

List so far:

1. Instant attacks randomly not working. I don't know how to replicate this bug or the root of it, but it happens often enough to mention about 5 percent of the time by my rough estimation. The most annoying time this bug happens is with Mind Snap, the Jedi Consular interrupt, not working. This can make or break both PVE and PVP scenarios.

2. Force in Balance is currently eating both Force Potency charges regardless of how many targets it hits. This is really annoying. It makes it a lot harder to use Force in Balance with Force Potency, even though it is probably the best ability to use Force Potency with for Balance Jedi Sages.

3. Tharan Cedrax's Med Scan green light effect often remains permanently. It's a small visual bug, but it's one that can be kind of annoying. Basically, the green light Med Scan puts on the character stays forever sometimes.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

GeLopez
12.19.2011 , 01:45 PM | #2
No one has any bugs to report?
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

Cincar
12.19.2011 , 01:59 PM | #3
Holoterminal on my ship freezes the game (after level 30 for class story cut scenes). Tickets been ignored and I'm in q now ofc.
You will find me in the shadows

Nautius
12.19.2011 , 03:40 PM | #4
Don't know about 1 and 2, but 3 is occurring across all classes.
"Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
///////۝\\██████████████████████████████████)

Khros
12.19.2011 , 04:48 PM | #5
If you have a focus target then do this (it is my setup, have not tested others):

1. Set focus Modifier keybind to Mouse4.
2. Set Deliverance keybind to Shift-B.
3. Spec 2 points in Conveyance.
4. Hold Mouse4, hit Rejuve on your target to gain Conveyance.
5. Keep holding Mouse4, hit Shift-B to case Deliverance, it cases on self.

Also

There is a bug with Focus target on Mouse4 (possibly others) and Shifted-keybinds in general. If you press Shift, then Mouse4, then the keybind it casts on self. If you press Mouse4, then Shift then the Keybind it works.

Talon_Starfire
12.19.2011 , 04:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
I figured this would be a good thread to make. Post your own bugs and I'll keep the OP updated.

List so far:

1. Instant attacks randomly not working. I don't know how to replicate this bug or the root of it, but it happens often enough to mention about 5 percent of the time by my rough estimation. The most annoying time this bug happens is with Mind Snap, the Jedi Consular interrupt, not working. This can make or break both PVE and PVP scenarios.

2. Force in Balance is currently eating both Force Potency charges regardless of how many targets it hits. This is really annoying. It makes it a lot harder to use Force in Balance with Force Potency, even though it is probably the best ability to use Force Potency with for Balance Jedi Sages.

3. Tharan Cedrax's Med Scan green light effect often remains permanently. It's a small visual bug, but it's one that can be kind of annoying. Basically, the green light Med Scan puts on the character stays forever sometimes.
I couldn't talk to the Captured Padawans in order to rescue them in the Early Lessons mission.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Zintair
12.19.2011 , 04:57 PM | #7
Project does not crit if you activate the ability while Particle Acceleration is up but then times out as the animation happens.

It will only crit if you hit the target and see the number while Particle Acceleration is up.

Just another reason why the animation is not ok in my book. It now has a detrimental affect to the mechanics of the class.
Sanctus formerly Serenity (PotF)
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread

PaintOnASign
12.19.2011 , 05:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
Project does not crit if you activate the ability while Particle Acceleration is up but then times out as the animation happens.

It will only crit if you hit the target and see the number while Particle Acceleration is up.

Just another reason why the animation is not ok in my book. It now has a detrimental affect to the mechanics of the class.
This is the same for Telekinetic Throw and Force Potentcy. If you start channeling TK while FP is wearing off (and you're farther than 10 meters, as FP increases the range to 30m) the cast will stop as soon as FP wears off, even if it wasn't done.

This isn't an issue with animation, more of how the buffs work.

JediEwokFluff
12.19.2011 , 09:53 PM | #9
Is the delay on Project intended, while the Inquisitor Shock is instant?

Are we forever going to be a gimped version of the Sith Inquisitor?
I did it for the mouse droid.
"The bounties of space, of infinite outwardness, were three: empty heroics, low comedy, and pointless death." - Kurt Vonnegut on Star Wars: The Old Republic's PvE, story, and PvP features.

gtrunks
12.19.2011 , 10:45 PM | #10
Telekinetic Wave:
Strange animation behaviour when you can instantly cast telekinetic wave, after the buff (forgot name) which is triggerd by disturbance. Will show you throw the wave and then instead of ending it will start the usualy casting animation of telekinetic wave while you can already use another skill where that animation is not shown. Basically if you can cast telekinetic wave instantly it should not start its casting animation.