Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

TheCynic
12.13.2011 , 11:59 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaerion View Post
So, while in stealth: blackout, force cloak, attacks....correct?
no sorry, its use one, times up use the next...etc
The Crew Skills button must also be a UI bug like the HIGH setting for textures.

BraxKedren
12.13.2011 , 12:15 PM | #32
Glad to see this back on the forums! Had saved it on my blog just in case since it has some good information in it.
Kedrus Brax
Powertech
Harbinger

CE Owner & Subscriber

rctatu
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #33
Very useful if not essential, it needs a StIcKy.
Rayzor
AKA Choprsis Chopin
KoJo

Jaerion
12.13.2011 , 01:46 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrandaa View Post
You get Shadow's Respite (+energy regen) from breaking stealth for 6 seconds.

1) Stealth up to a mob/pack/whatever
2) Attack
3) 6 seconds later, hit Black Out
4) 6 seconds after that, hit Force Cloak
5) Attack to break Stealth

This is assuming you have Masked Assault. Which you should by level 26 when you get WB.
tyvm!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in-game, this is gonna be awesome!
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

Gatlek
12.13.2011 , 01:59 PM | #35
Thanks for taking the effort to save this from the old forums. There is some great information here that should probably be made into a sticky.
{█╬╬╬╬╬╬╣|██████████████████}

Rankith
12.13.2011 , 02:01 PM | #36
Glad to see this reposted.

Unfortunately I decided on Sentinel to help my guild. I can only hope the sentinel forums turn out to be as great as the Shadow were during beta!

MasterDurron
12.13.2011 , 02:20 PM | #37
Thanks for the guide. I've reposted to my guild site for use.
House Of Karrdes
MasterDurron, PvE PSO
WebsiteOfficial PageRecruitment
"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"- Walt Disney

GaoWei
12.13.2011 , 02:30 PM | #38
So I've been playing around on an Infiltration build and wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I think this is the build I will be rolling with on my main (mostly for PvE).

It is a 10/31/0 or 8/31/2 (I am still undecided about the last 2 skill points). For this example I put the extra 2 skill points into Elusiveness because I like the cool down bonus for Force Speed and Resilience (I like being able to run around more :-P ).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZGG0RkGMbtz.1

I definitely think Clairvoyance is a vital skill with infiltration so the 31 points in infiltration was a necessity (because of the stack-able bonus to Project).

In order to skill up to the second tier in Kinetic, I had to sacrifice Force Synergy from the Balance spec.

To me this is ok because Force Synergy gives a potential 9% increased critical chance over 10 seconds after a "force critical hit". The second tier of Kinetic gives you Expertise which gives you a 9% bonus to all damage dealt by techniques.

My reasoning is that each technique has either a 50% or 25% chance of triggering (depending on the type of technique), which potentially deal more over time with Expertise than a 9% increased chance of a melee crit after a force crit.

I'm not sure, but I suspect the bonus is applied to Force Breach as well since it is completely dependent on which technique you are using.

Even still, I think the last 2 points in the build could be put into Force Synergy to get that extra crit chance for any shadow that wants to put out a little more damage. This would still give you a 6% increased chance.

Anyways, long post but I just thought I'd share with everyone and get your thoughts. It seems to be a solid enough build to me but I'll take ideas/criticism from anyone that can critique it and make it better.

Let me know what you think.

MateusTheCorrupt
12.13.2011 , 03:12 PM | #39
One thing about alacrity, it decreases cast/channel times (and imroves the tick rate of channeled abillities), and decreases the gcd so that it is the least of 1,5 sec and the cast/channel time, it does nothing else.

So it's essentially worthless for Shadows.

Merenza
12.13.2011 , 05:58 PM | #40
any thoughts on what tree is going to be most useful for endgame PvE?