Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Shadow
[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

Cherdakus
01.06.2012 , 06:55 AM | #91
Anyone have Dimishing Returns Table for different ratings, or maybe it's even same for every rating, so i want to know those %'s. Want to know how much crit and surge you should make and when to switch to Power, thought not much choice there yet.

Baddmoon
01.06.2012 , 07:52 AM | #92
Astral,

How viable would it be to put high level Stalker PVP gear on a KC Shadow? I just cant seem to decide which playstyle I like better. As a KC I routinely finish in the top 3 for medals, but do significantly less damage. I was wondering if the Stalker gear, instead of the Survivor's gear, would boost my DPS while still having the survivability in my tank stance. Thoughts?

Talon_Starfire
01.06.2012 , 08:10 AM | #93
Hi,
Why is Cybertech better than Artifice for PvP for a Shadow?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

DjArioch
01.08.2012 , 07:14 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Hi,
Why is Cybertech better than Artifice for PvP for a Shadow?
Thanks
The grenades are pretty boss

shoolin
01.10.2012 , 04:36 AM | #95
thank you so much for this guide bro, you made my day ^^

Samyrius
01.10.2012 , 05:25 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Baddmoon View Post
Astral,

How viable would it be to put high level Stalker PVP gear on a KC Shadow? I just cant seem to decide which playstyle I like better. As a KC I routinely finish in the top 3 for medals, but do significantly less damage. I was wondering if the Stalker gear, instead of the Survivor's gear, would boost my DPS while still having the survivability in my tank stance. Thoughts?
I'd like to know this too, if anybody has an answer.

chrismank
01.11.2012 , 02:48 AM | #97
Subscribed

Kcrowe
01.11.2012 , 04:02 AM | #98
Excellent guide, hope you keep up all the hard work!

Velius

Kupke
01.11.2012 , 06:24 AM | #99
What are your thoughts on 1.1 and the added aoe slow on Slow Time? Could be interesting for PvP?

GFWarper
01.11.2012 , 07:30 AM | #100
Let's take a look at pvp gear sets viable for Shadow. Expertise is the same for all sets.
Survivalist
It gives more Endurance than Willpower. Also you can find Power, Accuracy and defense ratings (all 3) on items and mods.
2 pieces bonus: reduce Spinning Kick cooldown by 10 seconds
4 pieces bonus: 5% damage bonus in pvp while you guard someone
Both bonuses are pretty decent and worth getting. More control through Spinning Kick is awesome and direct damage bonus is unique in shadow sets.
Other than that you get nearly no critical or surge boosts and small Willpower boost. Defense ratings definitely help though.

Stalker
It gives more Willpower than Endurance. Also you can find Accuracy, Critical, Surge ratings on items and mods.
2 pieces bonus: Mind Snap and Force Slow range increases by 5 feet.
4 pieces bonus: Force Potency cooldown -15 seconds, and 1 more charge for it
First bonus is pretty neat for tanks in pve, but gives minimal effect on damage in pvp. You can catch up better though. Second bonus is good in thin vacuum, but once again it has no direct impact on damage.

Force Master
It gives more Willpower than Endurance. Also you can find Alacrity and Power on items and mods. May be some Critical or Surge ratings, I didn't check tbh.
2 pieces bonus: Mind Crash cooldown -1.5 sec and Mind Crush Damage heals 0.5% hp
4 pieces bonus: Increases range of Project and Mind Snap by 5 feet
This set is viable for Balance Shadow. More selfhealing and better distance for project/interrupt are pretty much useful. Not an option for infiltration, but could be useful for kinteic/balance with Mind Crush procs (23/0/18).
Also alacrity bonus is quite good for balance dots, especially for single target fights.

And now for the fun part. Mods from Stalker can be removed and placed into Survivalist item and vice versa. That way you can freely exchange defense for offense in proportion that fits your playstyle.
I'd bet on survivalist set with Stalker mod/ench in each slot as best DPS variation.
For best tanking (controlling actually) I'd bet on 2 pieces of Stalker with survivalist mod/ench and other survivalist items.