I love CCWTOR!!

OpenSorce

Once this game manages to replace it's current Burst vs. CC system with PvP it will be a lot of fun.

Seriously, this game has WAY too much CC*. When you spend just as much time in every fight not being in control of your character as you spend in control, there is something wrong.

It's like this every fight, even with resolve, hit hit cc cc cc cc cc hit hit. As a guild member put it, "SWTOR has trivialized CC."

*For the sake of this thread, the term "CC" refers to any time that you are not able to use your character. Roots and snares are disabling to melee classes and so are included in this definition.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the pvp in swtor, it is in a good place, ... then again i loved wow arena and it had even more cc .

That's fine, glad you are enjoying it. Many people do not. But wouldn't you still be able to enjoy it if it had a great deal less CC? Thanks for posting :-)

That's fine, glad you are enjoying it. Many people do not. But wouldn't you still be able to enjoy it if it had a great deal less CC? Thanks for posting :-)

Less cc would make it more into a PvE thing. To an extreme, with no cc its all about keeping a dps/heal rotation and the better gear/more players wins.

Sorry, pvp is not about who has the best PvE rotation and gear.

I have to say I agree with this thread. In PvP, I spend a bigger chunk of my time stunned or otherwise rooted than what seems normal. I mean if I'm fighting someone and they are just better than me (i.e. they use their cc's on me effectively/at the right times), that's one thing. But when I'll spend two thirds of a match rooted...ARGH!! Makes me not wanna play PvP, since I'm not able to play PvP...feels like I'm just queuing up so I can get to a bunker or turret and then just stand in one spot and wait for a ranged to take me out from afar. Add the fact I'm melee to that frustration, and then also add that I have like ONE real cc breaker ability. I stopped PvP'ing on that toon, because of all the stupid crap being in favor of classes that aren't mine. Examples available upon request. PvP is just horribly imbalanced in certain ways at the moment and the whole notion of CCWTOR is one of them.

I've learned my lesson. Ranged FTW.

It's a toss up. I think they need to tweak resolve some. How long full resolve lasts mainly. Not too long but slightly longer than it currently does. Also perhaps shorten the duration of some of the stuns.

Our stuns last barely enough for 2 global cools to come around, especially when you count in the duration of attack animations. If people can't survive 4 seconds of a stun, then its not the duration of the stun that is the problem.

the real problem with the CC is the amount of damage you take while in a CC. instead of breaking when taking damage like the CC should. you actually take about 20% damage before it breaks sometimes you even are killed before it breaks. that is the most annoying thing about the CC.

also being CC right after you use your break should never happen. there should be a grace period after using a break something like 3sec immune after using. or better yet reduce the CDs of breaks to 30sec. having all this CC in game with a break CD ranging from 1min to 1min30sec is a bite too long.

the real problem with the CC is the amount of damage you take while in a CC. instead of breaking when taking damage like the CC should. you actually take about 20% damage before it breaks sometimes you even are killed before it breaks. that is the most annoying thing about the CC.

Stuns should never break on damage as that totally defeats the purpose of the stun. What they should do is fix the broken TTK. No one should go from 100% to 0% in the duration of a single stun unless there are 4 or more players focusing him.

also being CC right after you use your break should never happen. there should be a grace period after using a break something like 3sec immune after using. or better yet reduce the CDs of breaks to 30sec. having all this CC in game with a break CD ranging from 1min to 1min30sec is a bite too long.

There should be no "grace period" after using your CC breaker, that's what Resolve is for. If you use your Resolve bar correctly you will be awarded with CC immunity. If you use it incorrectly, you will be rewarded with less CC immunity. This system is one of the very few that actually promotes player skill over character class/spec/gear.

Reducing the CD from 2 minutes to 1:30 via a second tier skill tree talent would be acceptible. Anything less and CC becomes irrelevant.

Stuns should never break on damage as that totally defeats the purpose of the stun. What they should do is fix the broken TTK. No one should go from 100% to 0% in the duration of a single stun unless there are 4 or more players focusing him.

No one goes from 100% to 0% in the duration of a single stun as it is. Some classes with extremely high burst such as Pyros or Combat/Carnage Sent/Maras can deal around 50%~60% HP loss if they've already setup basic buff/debuffs (which means you're not at "100%"), but never in my entire gaming experience have I seen someone go down in 4 seconds (which is at most, 3 skills used) by a single enemy attacking within the duration of a stun.

Assuming 17k HP with WH level gear, you need 3 attacks each dealing over 5.6k damage consecutively and a DPS of 4.3k/sec. Nobody hits that hard without prior setup + outside buff sources. (...except the Ops/Scoundrels in the very early phases of the game, prior to the nerf, and even then, taking out someone complete within the duration of a single stun was extremely unlikely)

Edited by kweassa

i thinks its the resolve system that needs to get adjusted

also some of the CDs seem to be not fitting

Edited by rawfox

No one goes from 100% to 0% in the duration of a single stun as it is. Some classes with extremely high burst such as Pyros or Combat/Carnage Sent/Maras can deal around 50%~60% HP loss if they've already setup basic buff/debuffs (which means you're not at "100%"), but never in my entire gaming experience have I seen someone go down in 4 seconds (which is at most, 3 skills used) by a single enemy attacking within the duration of a stun.

Assuming 17k HP with WH level gear, you need 3 attacks each dealing over 5.6k damage consecutively and a DPS of 4.3k/sec. Nobody hits that hard without prior setup + outside buff sources. (...except the Ops/Scoundrels in the very early phases of the game, prior to the nerf, and even then, taking out someone complete within the duration of a single stun was extremely unlikely)

I didn't say a single enemy, I said less than 4 enemies. 2-3 enemies have the ability to burst a player down (2 can, depending on who they are and who the stunned guy is, 3 can burst anyone down).

Once this game manages to replace it's current Burst vs. CC system with PvP it will be a lot of fun.

Seriously, this game has WAY too much CC*. When you spend just as much time in every fight not being in control of your character as you spend in control, there is something wrong.

I hate Operatives as much as you are... Lets nerf them!!!

Resolve is broken, hence the chain CC's that make anyone who calls themselves "pro" or "hardcore" and thinks pvp is fine a joke. PvP is not about chainstun fests that revolve completely around gear in segregated little minigames.

Resolve is broken, hence the chain CC's that make anyone who calls themselves "pro" or "hardcore" and thinks pvp is fine a joke. PvP is not about chainstun fests that revolve completely around gear in segregated little minigames.

False.

Resolve is working exactly as it is designed. If you have evidence suggesting that it is not, I strongly suggest you open a ticket and report it in game or post a video here. Failure to do so will result in you losing all credibility here as you would be simply posting unsubstantiated garbage.

You cannot be "chain CC'd" (unless you consider 2 CCs in a row followed by CC Immunity a chain, which no one does).

Resolve is fine. How is 2 cc's being "chain cc'd". Not to mention we all have a cc breaker.

[quote=Darth_Philar;4396304

You cannot be "chain CC'd" (unless you consider 2 CCs in a row followed by CC Immunity a chain, which no one does).

you are spot on. the problem is adrenal/relic burst dps is a tone high right now so good geared melee dpsers that know what they are doing can burst a squishy player (a sorc, for instance) so hard in the space of 2 ccs that when the trained player gets full resolve hes already sub 20% and in target of execute fest.

cc problem is that burst too high, otherwise its fine.

Edited by Laforet

Less cc would make it more into a PvE thing. To an extreme, with no cc its all about keeping a dps/heal rotation and the better gear/more players wins.

Sorry, pvp is not about who has the best PvE rotation and gear.

Ah, but PvP in this game IS about gear. To me gear progression is a PvE thing. PvP should pit skill vs skill not gear.

I haven't seen any of the CC QQs (including me) suggest NO CC. There is just to much IMO. Saying there was more in WoW is not a good reason to say it is just right in SWTOR.

Resolve is a novel approach to DR but falls short in what DR is intended to do IMO. Here is how I think it should work.

1. Resolve bars build on ALL movement impairing abilities.

2. As it build duration and intensity (ie, % of movement speed reduction on snares) is reduced.

3. When bar is full all CC breaks immediately and player gets immunity for somewhere between 4-6 secs and then bar starts to drop.

4. As the bar drops duration and intensity increase back to normal.

5. After bar is empty there is a 4-6 second pause before it begins to build again.

6. Takes longer for bar to fill.

I haven't done the math or factored in the CC break (I am lazy), so those times would have to be looked at. But basically I think this would keep CC as a viable tactic. But reduce the frustration factor so many experience whether it is because they don't know how to use it now or the fact that it does not effect ALL movement impairment.

I am sure there are people much smarter on this than me that will point out the flaws in this. Please do.

Edited by Krashnburn
NUNYA