Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Gear

DarthMetier
05.17.2012 , 03:49 AM | #1
Earlier this week, I went to the Recruit PVP gear vendor at the fleet and was saving up to buy Vindicator PVP gear. I haven't dabbled in PVP yet and was looking for some decent starter gear and found what I liked. I went there last night and the gear wasn't there, I found the gear at the Rakata vendor, but the option to buy the gear with credits was gone...did this happen with the latest patch update, or did I hallucinate? And laslty, where can I buy lv. 50 speeders?

LarryRow
05.17.2012 , 06:37 AM | #2
Sounds like you were in the wrong quadrant on the Fleet. The Rakata vendor is in the PVE section, and the recruit vendor is in the PVP section.

Definitely buy a full set of recruit gear! If you lack cash, do the dailies on Ilum, Belsavis, and the Correlia black hole area. All 3 areas net hugs amounts of cash. You will have a much better time in pvp with the Recruit Set, although you will still get melted pretty easily at first. Just stick with it and and work on upgrading to Battlemaster. It's much faster to obtain than it used to be and fairly competitive to boot.

As for the Rakata gear, it can only be bought with tokens. This forces players to progress through Hard Mode Flashpoint and Raid content to gear up, instead of running dailies and simply buying the best gear.

Edit: The Speeder vendor on the fleet sells a level 50 speeder. Nothing fancy but it has the same speed boost and knock-off protection as every other level 50 speeder. The vendor is located in the center outer room of the GTN quadrant.

Owsley
05.17.2012 , 10:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMetier View Post
Earlier this week, I went to the Recruit PVP gear vendor at the fleet and was saving up to buy Vindicator PVP gear. I haven't dabbled in PVP yet and was looking for some decent starter gear and found what I liked. I went there last night and the gear wasn't there, I found the gear at the Rakata vendor, but the option to buy the gear with credits was gone...did this happen with the latest patch update, or did I hallucinate? And laslty, where can I buy lv. 50 speeders?
FYI Fleet has a poor selection of lvl 50 speeders. You'll find a better selection on planets. Voss has a good selection. Also, not all Recruit PvP vendors sell the same thing. You won't find Light/Heavy on the same vendor.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man