Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blackhole H+4 - Chasing the Shadow - Please reduce it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Blackhole H+4 - Chasing the Shadow - Please reduce it.

Olostur
05.20.2012 , 06:49 PM | #41
You don't need any 60-second CC's, or even a great deal of coordination. Here is a video of me on gunslinger, duoing it with a shadow. The shadow is in mostly rakata gear, but I am only in a mixture of tionese and columi. You'll note that we are not careful about pulls, aggro or interrupts, and we intentionally used no CC longer than Flash Grenade. On the youtube channel you can also see me soloing easily on my main, a sentinel.

Enjoy

MariLupus
05.21.2012 , 09:24 AM | #42
The trick to solo or duoing this quest with a heal comp is to have the comps CC ability (Carbinizing Stream, Deploy Holiday etc) acitve when taking down the trash but turn it off for the boss fight.

The standard rules for taking out trash apply start with the standards, then the strongs and finaly the elites.

For the final boss if you are well geared there is no need to move out the AOE just soak the damage.
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Trolls. At last we will have revenge.
Guildleader Mayhen, Nightmare Lands republic guild.

Suzina
05.31.2012 , 03:27 PM | #43
I'm usually spec'd healer when I 2 man it with my sorc husband. But I've done it DPS spec'd without a primary healer.

It's all about CC and planning without heals. Leaving things CC'd extra time to give your companion more time to heal helps. Also, time your inturrupts and stuns with your friend. I usually do this one on voice with a guild mate. I probably wouldn't enjoy having two DPS spec'd individuals with 2 healing companions out if we weren't on voice-chat to coordinate things.
Member of Bane Fleet

WhiskeyGin
06.01.2012 , 12:57 AM | #44
So my question for all of the "my server is dead" qq'ers out there is: Who is it out there that's forcing you to play on these supposed dead servers while you're still consciously deciding to pay for the game?

Man up and reroll.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Whiskey of The Shadowlands' Redrum

Bartes
06.01.2012 , 01:26 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
I'm usually spec'd healer when I 2 man it with my sorc husband. But I've done it DPS spec'd without a primary healer.

It's all about CC and planning without heals. Leaving things CC'd extra time to give your companion more time to heal helps. Also, time your inturrupts and stuns with your friend. I usually do this one on voice with a guild mate. I probably wouldn't enjoy having two DPS spec'd individuals with 2 healing companions out if we weren't on voice-chat to coordinate things.
without voice comm it is hard but I've done it with 2 gunslingers + 2 heal companions. Do enough damage and mobs will fold.
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

DarthFamine
06.01.2012 , 02:40 AM | #46
my mara and a BH guildie 2 manned it on mind trick
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Y-Yorle
06.01.2012 , 03:01 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiskeyGin View Post
So my question for all of the "my server is dead" qq'ers out there is: Who is it out there that's forcing you to play on these supposed dead servers while you're still consciously deciding to pay for the game?

Man up and reroll.
I personally wouldn't re-roll servers with 1.3 and server transfers incoming somewhere in the rather near feature (my gut tells me in a few weeks max). Let's just wait and see how BW will be allowing said transfers. ^^
The Guiran Legacy
Providence | Conflict | Proselytism
Catch me @ http://www.twitch.tv/elendus
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

Kitzinger
06.01.2012 , 08:21 AM | #48
Yeah, this isn't an H +4 but more like H+2. I duo it pretty much all the time and the only reason I duo it is because it's a pain to try and kill that much stuff solo. Just find a person that you are used to playing with and then do this mission with them.
Use cc's, interrupts, and stun's liberally.