Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blackhole H+4 - Chasing the Shadow - Please reduce it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Blackhole H+4 - Chasing the Shadow - Please reduce it.

Grimsblood
05.17.2012 , 11:20 AM | #11
This is a classic case of someone wanting easy mode. What you are asking for is it to be easier to get the Black Hole Coms in order to make it easier for you to get the "theoretical" Best Gear In Game. I STRONGLY disagree with this on all points. Not to mention I have two manned this entire heroic on the republic side with just 2 dps and whatever heal companion we had....Notice we had a heal COMPANION, ya know.....less then par for heals. Moving right along, I have 2 manned the final boss WITHOUT ANY HEALS. In other words, 2 dps. Neither of us went below 75% health.

Think about this, 1.2 brought in game mechanics to play. If you do not adhere to them, you die. Plain and simple. Learn the mechanics and win. (Pro Tip, Don't stand in colorful circles on the ground and use your interrupt.)
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Freeborne
05.17.2012 , 11:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Trash groups aren't problem. Heck, imperial verson of this is all about trash, no boss at end, and you don't see people complaining.
It's boss that is problem, and his load of AoE damage.
Just try doing it without player healer. Companion could do it with only one target taking damage, but since he won't get out of AoE, he'll die and let others die.
I did it without a player healer.

fyi, if you toggle your companion on to passive, they will run to you. Then shut passive off. AoE Avoided.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Ganrax
05.17.2012 , 11:36 AM | #13
Trash groups aren't problem. Heck, imperial verson of this is all about trash, no boss at end, and you don't see people complaining.
Just try doing it without player healer. Companion could do it with only one target taking damage, but since he won't get out of AoE, he'll die and let others die.
I do it with my healing companion, although she is in full Rakata gear. Also interrupting and not standing in stupid crap goes a long way in reducing the AOE damage in this fight.

Typeslice
05.17.2012 , 11:50 AM | #14
It's doable with a companion healer (granted mine has 17k hp). I'm a dps shadow - i switch to tank stance for last boss and can solo it with healer pet.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

EzoEo
05.17.2012 , 12:31 PM | #15
The Belsavis HC4's have already been adjusted to HC2s and lots of the mobs are now normals or silvers. Even the last boss can do duoed with a companion healer

Chasing the shadow I've duoed with my tanking in vigilence and copanion healers as the last boss is doable if people move from his AoEs.
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

Jarwan
05.17.2012 , 12:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
This is a classic case of someone wanting easy mode. What you are asking for is it to be easier to get the Black Hole Coms in order to make it easier for you to get the "theoretical" Best Gear In Game. I STRONGLY disagree with this on all points. Not to mention I have two manned this entire heroic on the republic side with just 2 dps and whatever heal companion we had....Notice we had a heal COMPANION, ya know.....less then par for heals. Moving right along, I have 2 manned the final boss WITHOUT ANY HEALS. In other words, 2 dps. Neither of us went below 75% health.

Think about this, 1.2 brought in game mechanics to play. If you do not adhere to them, you die. Plain and simple. Learn the mechanics and win. (Pro Tip, Don't stand in colorful circles on the ground and use your interrupt.)

Could you sound any less of a d*ck then you already are? Do you honestly believe I'm stupid enough to stand on that big shiny circle when it's painted on the ground and go "oh what's that!"....then a few seconds later "hey it's changing colour to red, cooool!". How about you give advice before you blow smoke up your own backside. I'm a Scoundrel Scrapper and I HAVE solo'd my way to the final boss by simply skipping the trash mobs and taking care of the miniboss with Guss Tuno so I can get to the end but as a Scoundrel, I'm not exactly built for tanking and Guss can't heal that fast.
Solo Flashpoint Suggestion - Please join

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...56#post3393556

Grimsblood
05.17.2012 , 01:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarwan View Post
Could you sound any less of a d*ck then you already are? Do you honestly believe I'm stupid enough to stand on that big shiny circle when it's painted on the ground and go "oh what's that!"....then a few seconds later "hey it's changing colour to red, cooool!". How about you give advice before you blow smoke up your own backside. I'm a Scoundrel Scrapper and I HAVE solo'd my way to the final boss by simply skipping the trash mobs and taking care of the miniboss with Guss Tuno so I can get to the end but as a Scoundrel, I'm not exactly built for tanking and Guss can't heal that fast.
So let me get this strait......you are a scoundrel melee dps, you have one heal companion and are wanting to solo a Heroic 4? I believe this is where I become this so called d*ck again and say you are QQing because you can't do content meant for a group by yourself. The next thing you will be asking for is a way to use companions and a small party to do 16 man operations......

Which does remind me, when I had done that Heroic on the last boss with 2 dps.....We were both melee.......and I would like to reiterate the fact that we didn't drop below 75% health........without any heal companions....so yeah ummmm, If the game is made any more easier than it is now, it will be a joke. Get your guild together, go do this Heroic 4, then try and get 8 of you to do a Story Mode EV, ask for it to be made easier, etc...
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Amalak
05.17.2012 , 02:12 PM | #18
Its quite easy as it stands, Most Ive ever done it with is 2 people... no need for them to make it any easier than it already is...

hulkweazel
05.17.2012 , 02:22 PM | #19
Actually, these "Heroic 4"s need to be made harder.

I solo the Imp side version in 10 minutes. I haven't been able to solo the Pub side but it's easily 2-mannable.

Astarica
05.17.2012 , 06:30 PM | #20
Does the Republic side have a harder boss or something? I had Telos stand in the AE the whole fight and he never got below 80% on the Imperial version. All of the boss fights on the Imp side can be soloed but some of the trash are pretty much impossible to solo (the 4 elite packs).

Although the Imp version is easily duoable, a lot of people will never attempt it until they have 4 guys. Dropping it to a Heroic 2 which basically means it's soloable, and some people will still complain that you'd need 2 people to beat it either because they're too sacred to do it or they're the wrong class to do it (e.g. someone without a mez type ability). That said it'd probably help if they didn't make every elite in the Imperial version have a grapple and a KB at the same time.