Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what is to be done about non-english on english servers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
what is to be done about non-english on english servers?

BigboyQQ
12.18.2011 , 02:36 PM | #11
what i find down right ignorant is the way these KIDS talk 2 ppl in general chat when sum1 types in a diff language....being hateful and verbally abusive to sum1 just cus thery dont speak english is absolutly dissrespectful...last i checked "Tomb of Freedom nadd" server is a european server and europe isnt all english...so who do these kids think they are talking to?
if u dont like the language being typed on general which is a PUBLIC chat then disable it or log off...cus we dont want ignorant kiddies spamming the chat with the usual "ENGLISH PLS OR ****"...and then the non english speaking person apoligises...dont apoligies..its your right to be w/e nationality u are and speak w/e language u speak...pay no mind to the ignorant kids..they should go back to WoW or wherever they feel that behavior is acceptable
***Rant over*** ***respect & equality for all***

QQmOaR
ļ█╬╬╬╬╬╬[█|{(•)█Ξ████████████████████████████████████████)

PandaStyluz
12.18.2011 , 02:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by necrotura View Post
Hello

my question is :

on the EU English servers we have a problem of people not speaking English and thinking it is their right not to speak English on a clearly marked ENGLISH server.

i don't mind a bit here and there but when general is spammed full with it,well its just down right disrespectful

so Bio, what are the plans to combat this problem ?
The game has people from around europe, from many countrys and cultures. As you ingore most "LFG" and general talk chats, you should do the same when you see non-english words. The servers weren´t ment to be only english french or german. They are for everybody. So you should only be mad if they mass spam general chat or something cause if you are on a group, and everybody speaks another language, you have to accept it. If you don´t want to accept that, find another group, simple. Now enought with that nacionalist talk.
Mess with the best, die like the rest

islander
12.18.2011 , 03:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by necrotura View Post
Hello

my question is :

on the EU English servers we have a problem of people not speaking English and thinking it is their right not to speak English on a clearly marked ENGLISH server.

i don't mind a bit here and there but when general is spammed full with it,well its just down right disrespectful

so Bio, what are the plans to combat this problem ?
Do what I did - bail on the server.

Boo on Bioware for making this awful assumption that "North America", "Central America, and "South America" all belonged on the same grouping of servers, though.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

AntoniusDelitan
12.18.2011 , 03:34 PM | #14
Heh, move now if you don't like landing on the equivelant of the WoW "Portugese" servers.

GigglesXRevenge
12.18.2011 , 03:57 PM | #15
LOL

/5chars
Pinkie Pie
Flannery
Winnar

DenDensiu
12.18.2011 , 04:54 PM | #16
All arguments are good and dandy on both sides but what I don't understand is this:

How the hell do you play a story centered game in a language you don't understand?

P.S. Do you try each skill to figure out what it does if you do not understand it's description?

EvanSnowWolf
12.18.2011 , 05:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BigboyQQ View Post
what i find down right ignorant is the way these KIDS talk 2 ppl in general chat when sum1 types in a diff language....being hateful and verbally abusive to sum1 just cus thery dont speak english is absolutly dissrespectful...last i checked "Tomb of Freedom nadd" server is a european server and europe isnt all english...so who do these kids think they are talking to?
if u dont like the language being typed on general which is a PUBLIC chat then disable it or log off...cus we dont want ignorant kiddies spamming the chat with the usual "ENGLISH PLS OR ****"...and then the non english speaking person apoligises...dont apoligies..its your right to be w/e nationality u are and speak w/e language u speak...pay no mind to the ignorant kids..they should go back to WoW or wherever they feel that behavior is acceptable

QQmOaR
I might give a crap about this post if I felt it was actually literate in the English language.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

AKindChap
12.18.2011 , 05:36 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BigboyQQ View Post

QQmOaR
I'm not even sure what language this is

Cyberqat
12.18.2011 , 07:01 PM | #19
/ignore

problem solved, along with many others.

/ignore is your friend.
Do you believe that "in-game" is synonymous with "in-character"? Do you hate "god-modders", "plotting" and drama-queens?
Then you may be one of the few, the proud, the members of the Pen and Paper Roleplay Society.

Pazrael
12.19.2011 , 05:30 AM | #20
I ended up rerolling from Nightmare Lands after finding out a 500 person russian guild would call it home as well. No problem with that, but when the general chat is constantly full of gibberish it stops being fun. There's limits to ones ignore list too I reckon :P
Good thing I didnt make it further than lvl 12 or something.

Dont understand how people can be so rude that they dont even realize their behavior and attitude is utter poops.