Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What species can mingle?

Kilikaa
05.17.2012 , 04:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Incorrect. If you follow official Star Wars Information Encyclopedias as far as most recent = superseding canon, Twi'lek and Human have interbred to create Hybrids. Star Wars The Clone Wars Encyclopedia, that particular pairing you refer to must have been elaborated on further within the book than the cartoon.
Where did you read this? Nothing I have ever read (and I have read a lot of material) hass mentioned hybrids being born from a human/Twi pairing. I want to see the official information on this as I cannot find anything supporting this.

As far as the TCW episode with the clone deserter and the Twi, those kids cannot be and are not his, they are far too old for him to be the actual father.

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 04:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
I am aware of the little things inside of your bodies, yes.

Please forgive me. I meant no harm in what I said, just musing. You are most likely ( if not completely) correct as well as to what those little Kiliks are doing inside Vector.

As for no genetic changes to any offspring, you are probably correct as well. They would not be half Joiners or anything like that.

I apologize.
haha nono ..wait did i come off as abrasive? sorry
i bet the devs/story writers leave things obscure for us to decide/debate.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

JediElf
05.17.2012 , 04:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
haha nono ..wait did i come off as abrasive? sorry
It's ok, I may have read it in the wrong tone. Apologies once again.

i bet the devs/story writers leave things obscure for us to decide/debate.
Oh i'm sure they do, and that's what makes it so much fun!

Another curious question.

Other than skin tone and burning red eyes. What really separates a Chiss from a human? If a Chiss and a human had a child, what would they inherit from the Chiss, other than possible skin tone and eyes?

Same question applies to the Mirialan.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

BenjaminminU
05.17.2012 , 05:01 PM | #24
In my opinion all playable species can interbreed with eachother apart from ratattaki as i have read on the wookieepedia.

The original Sith Purebloods required sith alchemy in order to interbreed, however the "True Sith" as of now are actually human/Pureblood hybrids and i would say that makes them able to breed with humans. As for canon, if it was officially retconned that they can interbreed then they can.

A fact about Zabraks i have read is that they have two hearts, that along with the horns and endurance are the only real differences between them and humans, the question is, how many hearts would a human/zabrak hybrid have?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 05:04 PM | #25
It's ok, I may have read it in the wrong tone. Apologies once again.

Oh i'm sure they do, and that's what makes it so much fun!

Another curious question.

Other than skin tone and burning red eyes. What really separates a Chiss from a human? If a Chiss and a human had a child, what would they inherit from the Chiss, other than possible skin tone and eyes?

um... the wiki says chiss mature faster, aka physically adult at young tweens, but still live relatively average lifespans. also a resilliant metabolism and slightly taller /more lithe than humans. thier cold, pragmatic attitude is speculated to be more nurture than nature.

i've pondered the issues of chiss/human hybrids in regards to the maturation rate- what if some genetic markers for when to start growing X functions are human, while Y functions are chiss. you might have periods where the skeletal system might not accomidate muscle and organ growth ( theres a condition i know where the skull refuses to grow in children, and the brain gets compromised due to no room, forget what it is)
then theres emotional conflicts that can occur too. but that goes without saying, if you were raised on the agent's ship
one example of the growth markers conflicting is the liger ( lion father, tiger mother) where normally the growth controlling genes are in the lioness, but are not present in a tigress, so ligers are often born with gigantism, while tigons ( tiger father, lion mother) are smaller than both parents.
other issues of hybridisation are sterility in the hybrid offspring. mules ( horse x donkey) are sterile. i doubt my 2nd gen half chiss will breed anyways, as half chiss you can pass off with black hair and pale skin, but 1/4 chiss just... is more human than chiss, and i don't roll humans when given the choice
but the infertility is often more prevalent in male hybrids, with females sometimes successfully breeding with one or the other parent species ( so lets say youd never see a male liger siring children with a female liger, but a female liger could have cubs with a lion or a tiger )
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

elliotcat
05.17.2012 , 05:14 PM | #26
I've been writing a story about my Mirialan smuggler so I've been reading about the Mirialans. There's not much information about them, but according to some sources their skin is green because the sun on their home planet, Mirial, emits radiation. Other than that, yeah...they are essentially an offshoot of humans, a subspecies.

Canon is iffy about whether or not they can have hybrid children with humans; I know some people have gotten the adoption talk with LI companions (I did) and others have not. Someone else here mentioned that their Mirialan knight said to Doc that they might not be genetically compatible, so I took that to mean that some Mirialan-human couples can have kids naturally and some can't, but it's not an all or nothing sort of thing.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 06:45 PM | #27
i've figured at best things will go naturally between my agent and vector. if not, the next plan would be to see if lokin could do some minor tweaking with hormones and immunity supressors if the chiss body rejects the human esscences, or some mild genetic tweaking to stabilise some of the key biological funtions if they conflicted . at worst lokin could take a clone of the agent, knock out some superficial genes, mostly cosmetic ones ( facial features, hair colour, ect) and replace them with the corresponding genes from vector, to mimic what it would be like if they had a child ( his facial features, his hair colour, ect, it's been proven human offspring generally inherit more asthetic traits from thier fathers, an evolututionary trick to reassure the resident male that the children are in fact his, and thus promote his support in thier rearing), or get her sith friend to help out alchemically if all else fails.

Taalbert
05.17.2012 , 06:54 PM | #28
i've figured at best things will go naturally between my agent and vector. if not, the next plan would be to see if lokin could do some minor tweaking with hormones and immunity supressors if the chiss body rejects the human esscences, or some mild genetic tweaking to stabilise some of the key biological funtions if they conflicted . at worst lokin could take a clone of the agent, knock out some superficial genes, mostly cosmetic ones ( facial features, hair colour, ect) and replace them with the corresponding genes from vector, to mimic what it would be like if they had a child ( his facial features, his hair colour, ect, it's been proven human offspring generally inherit more asthetic traits from thier fathers, an evolututionary trick to reassure the resident male that the children are in fact his, and thus promote his support in thier rearing), or get her sith friend to help out alchemically if all else fails.
lol I love it! You have it all planned out
Rawr.

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 06:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Taalbert View Post
lol I love it! You have it all planned out
ive said before that im a bio nerd lol

Taalbert
05.17.2012 , 07:10 PM | #30
Nothing wrong with that, I love bio. I find it fascinating, all of this genetics stuff. Don't think its going to help me with a Cathar, though. haha.
Rawr.