Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What species can mingle?

Captain_Zone
05.16.2012 , 10:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
ahh ok. i also heard thrawn was described as a mixed breed, so he could have been chiss/human
Ok, this one I know I have right. Thrawn is full Chiss. Not a half-breed. The half-breed was Zahn's first idea. However, he went with the Chiss instead.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Crezelle
05.16.2012 , 10:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Ok, this one I know I have right. Thrawn is full Chiss. Not a half-breed. The half-breed was Zahn's first idea. However, he went with the Chiss instead.
okie dokie.
....my agent is still going to try and try and try, even if told she won't succeed >:3
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Mutive
05.17.2012 , 05:06 AM | #13
okie dokie.
....my agent is still going to try and try and try, even if told she won't succeed >:3
Nah, the impression I got was that near humans (pretty much everything playable other than twi'leks) are compatible with humans. Not really sure how half-breeds would turn out. But maybe the lighter blue chiss skin colors and brownish Miralan are supposed to be half-breeds, anyway. (Plus, if Temple is "Chiss", I think an argument could be made that Chiss is more of an ethnicity than a race.)

I think this is referred to in the game. Most of the LI will ask about having kids, no matter your race. However, the non-near humans (Vette, Aric) will discuss adopting instead. There are a few exceptions (neither Kaliyo nor Vector seem to mention breeding), but in general, the LI doesn't go, "Oh, you're Miralan. Well, I guess no kids for us." So I'd assume that the devs figured that you are able to have kids with the LI, no matter the race/species. (Which is a bit wacky for twi'lek SW who romance Vette...or twi'leks in general for most LIs. But you get the idea.) Or maybe they thought everyone was human or a sith pureblood.

Jenovan
05.17.2012 , 11:14 AM | #14
As far as "confirmed by examples", humans and Miraluka can have kids together -- which isn't particularly surprising. :P Krynda Draay of the Jedi Covenant was half human, half Miraluka.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
(Plus, if Temple is "Chiss", I think an argument could be made that Chiss is more of an ethnicity than a race.)
Yep -- in the NJO and Legacy-era books, IIRC, there's a human family (the Fels) who live and work among the Chiss. If you live the lifestyle, seems like you can be part of their society, regardless of species.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Celacia
05.17.2012 , 01:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
(Plus, if Temple is "Chiss", I think an argument could be made that Chiss is more of an ethnicity than a race.)
She is not, though. The impression that I got was that that was a special arrangement made by her father pulling some strings.

JediElf
05.17.2012 , 04:08 PM | #16
Curious question here...

If vectors been genetically modified by the Joining process...

Spoiler

...what would happen to any child thathe creates with a female agent.

Would they retain any Kilik DNA? Would they be half Joiner?
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 04:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Curious question here...

If vectors been genetically modified by the Joining process...

Spoiler

...what would happen to any child thathe creates with a female agent.

Would they retain any Kilik DNA? Would they be half Joiner?
i read the joining merely reroutes the neurological pathways, not genetics
and the bugs inside him are merely symbiotic tennants
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

JediElf
05.17.2012 , 04:17 PM | #18
i read the joining merely reroutes the neurological pathways, not genetics
and the bugs inside him are merely symbiotic tennants
I admit when he said that in conversation, about his internal friends, I had to pause for a second. I wish my agent had the conversation option of. "Wait a moment....What?!"

However I do ponder this, if the Joining process just reroutes the neurological pathways, why do all of their eyes turn black. That's the only thing that made me think, it was a slight genetic modification as well.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Crezelle
05.17.2012 , 04:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
I admit when he said that in conversation, about his internal friends, I had to pause for a second. I wish my agent had the conversation option of. "Wait a moment....What?!"

However I do ponder this, if the Joining process just reroutes the neurological pathways, why do all of their eyes turn black. That's the only thing that made me think, it was a slight genetic modification as well.
not really, there IS a lot of biochemical changes in the body as well.

as for the bugs inside him... you are aware there are more microorganisms on and inside you than your own actual cells, right? all humans, even in western civilisation, are loaded with paracites, just almost all are unnoticed as they show no symptoms at all. mostly mites living in your pores and hair follicles, eating skin cells and oils, tiny worms that have no affect on your digestive system, ect. and he did say the killiks CAN get really tiny, so they could be mite sized, merely feeding off his skin cells, or harmlessly right under his skin, or in his digestive tract, ect.

JediElf
05.17.2012 , 04:29 PM | #20
not really, there IS a lot of biochemical changes in the body as well.

as for the bugs inside him... you are aware there are more microorganisms on and inside you than your own actual cells, right? all humans, even in western civilisation, are loaded with paracites, just almost all are unnoticed as they show no symptoms at all. mostly mites living in your pores and hair follicles, eating skin cells and oils, tiny worms that have no affect on your digestive system, ect. and he did say the killiks CAN get really tiny, so they could be mite sized, merely feeding off his skin cells, or harmlessly right under his skin, or in his digestive tract, ect.
I am aware of the little things inside of your bodies, yes.

Please forgive me. I meant no harm in what I said, just musing. You are most likely ( if not completely) correct as well as to what those little Kiliks are doing inside Vector.

As for no genetic changes to any offspring, you are probably correct as well. They would not be half Joiners or anything like that.

I apologize.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!