Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why only 4 players per grouping?

Sveroth
05.19.2012 , 03:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by teemoor View Post
Every other MMO has a party size of 5 players? And by every other you mean WOW, right?

Aion - 6
Lineage 2 - 8
EQ2 - 6
Warhammer - 8
Star trek - 4
SWTOR - 4
RF Online - 8
LOTRO - 6
D&D Online - 6
list goes on
================================================== ====
Even by this list you can see an example of my original question, WHY ONLY 4 player groups.
I dont have the time to respond to all the Post so Ill summize here.
Yes I did say EVERY other MMO, Sto and Swtor are the only games with only 4 player groups, All the rest are 5 or more. If the basis of your post is to prove that NOT "every" other game then Please move on Nerd..lol
And to quote an Old friend from Games of old when responding to hard to find groups, "Im a tank, I dont have this problem of yours. My friends group with me all else suffer" Well old friend I too am a tank and I DONT have a problem finding groups, I just would like One extrah DPS or heals in group.
So there you have it, My question is restated for the inept.
Jenner
The Walking Dead
The Constant

EzoEo
05.19.2012 , 05:34 PM | #12
It's only 4 players because that is all you need ina grp with 1, 2 dps and 1 heals.

As there is only really 4 classes in this then 4 person groups would fit a Knight, Smuggler, Trooper and Consular group as 3 of them can be tanks, 3 can be healers and everyone can be dps.

So there is no reall need for anymore than 5 people and HM's are easy enough as it is
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

Andarilhodoceu
05.19.2012 , 05:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sveroth View Post
Every other game has 5 player groupings
It's so sad when you meet someone whose WHOLE LIFE comes down to wow...
"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for his lifetime."

Captyellowbeard
05.19.2012 , 06:14 PM | #14
Just got my Closed Beta for a game i've been waiting since 2010 and all i got to say BYE BYE SWTOR , after deleting most of my posts and infringing on my free speech to post those posts i'm now moving to a community that listens and respects there player base. I didn't want to leave and most others also i bet would say the same too but it was your hand that pushed us over that edge and forced us to move along bye bye.

Sveroth
05.24.2012 , 12:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Andarilhodoceu View Post
It's so sad when you meet someone whose WHOLE LIFE comes down to wow...
=============================
Clearly your ability to read the ENTIRE post or thread has been comprimised by your concern over what games others play or not. Fail on your part. Now stop trollin and speak with some intelligence.

But since you bring Non sence up let me bring you up to speed on Other games I play or have played.
UO, Everquest 1 and 2, SWG, Lotro, WOW, and now this game. If my math is right that spans nearly 17 years but I know I cant be off by more than a year or two.
Jenner
The Walking Dead
The Constant

Cytherion
05.24.2012 , 02:42 PM | #16
As with any other game I have worked around little quirks, But I cant seem to figure out why or who chose to be differant in this game. "Every other game has 5 player groupings"
FYI. Im only talking about Flashpoints and Hardmodes
2-4 is actually a great team size. For a game like swtor it works well.

teemoor
05.24.2012 , 08:39 PM | #17
All the rest are 5 or more.
You didn't say that, stop lying.
"Every other game has 5 player groupings"
I don't see the word MORE here, do you?

And why would you call me a nerd? O_o Because I googled party sizes of other games? xD

warriorlive
05.24.2012 , 09:17 PM | #18
What does the party size matter so long as you get the objective done. I went threw a flashpoint when I first started and we only had 3 people. The flashpoint only required 2... Don't worry about numbers just complete the objective! I went through a flashpoint the other day alone and almost beat the whole thing. I just couldn't beet the last boss. Size of party doesn't matter. Just complete the objective.

JonJW
05.24.2012 , 09:34 PM | #19
Lotro has 3, 6, and 12 man groups, and the rare 24.

Typeslice
05.24.2012 , 10:04 PM | #20
As with any other game I have worked around little quirks, But I cant seem to figure out why or who chose to be differant in this game. "Every other game has 5 player groupings"

Its not a game killer for me at all in fact I am just fine with it actually. However there has been a few times In a Hard mode that I have just wanted One more Ranged dps or just One more healer.

FYI. Im only talking about Flashpoints and Hardmodes
Because the zones are tuned for 4 people?
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com