Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why only 4 players per grouping?


Sveroth's Avatar


Sveroth
05.16.2012 , 08:02 AM | #1
As with any other game I have worked around little quirks, But I cant seem to figure out why or who chose to be differant in this game. "Every other game has 5 player groupings"

Its not a game killer for me at all in fact I am just fine with it actually. However there has been a few times In a Hard mode that I have just wanted One more Ranged dps or just One more healer.



FYI. Im only talking about Flashpoints and Hardmodes
Jenner
The Walking Dead
The Constant

DyasAlue's Avatar


DyasAlue
05.16.2012 , 08:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sveroth View Post
... "Every other game has 5 player groupings"...
No they don't.

Or compare here
Server: Kass City | Name: Bounty | Level: 50 |
Class: | Alignment: IV
Gear

Sveroth's Avatar


Sveroth
05.16.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DyasAlue View Post
ACTUALLY they do, I can list a few MMO's if ya like but I feel no need. I dont play counsel games so that narrows down the list a bit.
Jenner
The Walking Dead
The Constant

Glorionn's Avatar


Glorionn
05.16.2012 , 11:10 PM | #4
No. How can you say that when that guy has posted 2 links proving that not all other MMOs have 5 player groups.
Glor - CommandoGlorion - Guardian
Glory - SageGlorific - Gunslinger
Harlequin of Master Dar'nala

teemoor's Avatar


teemoor
05.16.2012 , 11:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sveroth View Post
ACTUALLY they do, I can list a few MMO's if ya like but I feel no need. I dont play counsel games so that narrows down the list a bit.
Every other MMO has a party size of 5 players? And by every other you mean WOW, right?

Aion - 6
Lineage 2 - 8
EQ2 - 6
Warhammer - 8
Star trek - 4
SWTOR - 4
RF Online - 8
LOTRO - 6
D&D Online - 6
list goes on

Talarchy's Avatar


Talarchy
05.16.2012 , 11:33 PM | #6
Who cares about other games.

SWTOR used to allow 8-man groups in warzones.

Bring it back.

/signed.
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

EvilFD's Avatar


EvilFD
05.16.2012 , 11:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Talarchy View Post
Who cares about other games.

SWTOR used to allow 8-man groups in warzones.

Bring it back.

/signed.
Do you mean SWTOR used to allow 8-man premades in WZs?
MuderousSith Marauder
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Support the troops

Darth-Malice's Avatar


Darth-Malice
05.17.2012 , 12:55 AM | #8
Be happy its only 4 people. Thats less people to find and group with on dead servers.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

DyasAlue's Avatar


DyasAlue
05.17.2012 , 01:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sveroth View Post
ACTUALLY they do, I can list a few MMO's if ya like but I feel no need. I dont play counsel games so that narrows down the list a bit.
There may be games that have 5 groups, but as people above me pointed out there are ones that don't. The word "Every" is your issue. Absolutes are well. . . Absolute. Use them lightly.
Server: Kass City | Name: Bounty | Level: 50 |
Class: | Alignment: IV
Gear

xJACKTHERIPPERx's Avatar


xJACKTHERIPPERx
05.17.2012 , 06:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sveroth View Post
ACTUALLY they do, I can list a few MMO's if ya like but I feel no need. I dont play counsel games so that narrows down the list a bit.
Ya, those counsel games are horrible. I do however quite enjoy a lot of console games.
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel