Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best ranged dps class for pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes

Chazzazor
05.16.2012 , 05:21 AM | #1

Hartburn
05.16.2012 , 02:13 PM | #2
Probably Sniper/Gunslinger right now.
"If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven."

-Kraxis-
05.16.2012 , 04:17 PM | #3
From the PvP tournaments I've seen (on Daragon Trail, a PvP server), Sorcerer's would be the best overall Ranged PvP DPS - considering team play AND solo play.

Definitely NOT Mercenaries... we do O.K. on a team, but get creamed 1 on 1 by most classes.

tynt
05.16.2012 , 04:18 PM | #4
I agree on the sorcs. Even with all the crying from the bads, the only spec that was nerfed was a hybrid that was not a good 1v1 spec and was more of a lolaoe spec.

Check out remedy's videos for more info on what a sorc can do if played properly...

SerikFox
05.16.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
Sniper/gunslinger. If they're played right they're amazing.

DarthRaika
05.17.2012 , 05:43 PM | #6
sniper or sorc for perfect 1v1 set up. The sorc is also good in huttball. However, beyond that sorc is super boring and not a very good competitive pvp class. The sorc right now is a great DOT class and a very great chart pro class, however in any form of competitive pvp it would suck (outside of huttball). The reason people don't realize this is because they spend most of their time pug stomping and there really isn't any competitive pvp haha. Still boring imo though and thats why I stopped playing mine.

Teamplay outside of huttball sniper is the way to go. the range of melee leaps in this game is 30m and so sniper is at a decisive advantage being the one class that can't be leapt to. also in huttball you can still be great carrier support as a sniper if you actually try to be. It is just that in huttball if you play like most chart pros as a sniper you will be relatively worthless even with your high chart dps.

DarthPunitor
05.17.2012 , 09:45 PM | #7
used to be mercs/commandos but after the nerf i dont know. Im not saying the nerf wasn't needed, but i feel like the class (or arsenal/gunnery specs specifically) are broken. I swear to god ive seen my heatseekers hit for half as much damage as my tracers just hit before them. And unload is SOOO pathetic compared to other chain abilities like ravage.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh (formerly)-
-The Tai Legacy- -Tai'for - Punitor - Lithany - Machiavelli - Davik -Her'acles-

Hizoka
05.18.2012 , 06:04 AM | #8
no matter what you pick, i do not see you doing well at it. If you goal is to play something OP be default you are looking to rely on a crutch rather then your own ability, and because you do not want to rely on your own ability it means that some part of you knows that you are bad. Play what you ENJOY playing trying to pick a FOTM will never work because MMOs constatly change what the FOTM this week can change next week and then you will just QQ that the broken mechanic you were abusing or whatever gets fixed and now that class is "worthless"

PoanJorHass
05.18.2012 , 06:26 AM | #9
sniper / gunslinger no question about it.

ShadowOfVey
05.20.2012 , 09:38 AM | #10
Geared snipers that play their class well are extremely dangerous