Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOAs Force Attack / Defense

floriwie
05.16.2012 , 12:44 AM | #1
Hi guys,

I have Sith Assassin Tank and I was tanking SOA in HM...

During the fight I saw that Dark Ward was not loosing any charges, after the fight I start thinking about what is the defense factors against this attack....

I think if the shield is not working against it, most probably armor mitigation is also not working....
If the defense stat (avoidance) has any factor, I think against force attack are not taking defense stat into count....

That only leaves resistance, but I have only %23 resistance chance and considering SOA has most probably %110 Accuracy my chances to resist this attack is low other then force shroud....

Is there any other factor that I am missing here?

Crixaliss
05.16.2012 , 04:11 AM | #2
Interestingly, I noticed that I didn't seem to be getting any of my on-shield procs against SOA, suggesting that I wasn't shielding any attacks. I currently use the +absorb proc upon shielding an attack relic coupled with an on-use +shield/absorb relic; perhaps before engaging SOA I should switch those relics out if they aren't going to be any use and go with +power or crit/surge for the burn phases in phase 3.

Finnbor
05.16.2012 , 04:17 AM | #3
You cannot shield or defense soas attacks so i think only mitigation is the pure armour.

floriwie
05.16.2012 , 05:54 AM | #4
I also planing to switch DPS Armor when I am tanking SOA....

When none of the tanking stats are relevant, why to carry them instead DPSing him....

What I am afraid of his damage might be internal and then there is no armor mitigation also....

Where can we find what sort of attacks Bosses are using and what is their damage types....

I am specially interested about with this info against "G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator" from Karagga's palace....for one reason his attack hurting me most in this game (I know armor debuff but without debuff it hurts alot...) I am not sure which of my defensive cool-down is effective against it. Force Shroud or Deflection......

JLapp
05.16.2012 , 07:21 AM | #5
Torhead shows attacks that bosses do.

Looks like all his attacks are either kinetic or energy damage so they would be mitigated by armor.

alifaraaz
05.16.2012 , 08:34 AM | #6
Yep, what the other guy said, only thing that is taken into account is Damage reduction from Armour and Talents.

Which mean yeah - you can theoretically just whack on a DPS kit when in Tank spec and you wont take any additional damage. As other said, it can help with the 3rd phase where nuking him counts. It's also the reason why Powertech and Jugg dps can work as pretty good Off Tanks for when the MT is mindtrapped (compared to other bosses where they'd still die quickly).
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]