Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Slot Proc Chances Lower Since Maintenance Patch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augment Slot Proc Chances Lower Since Maintenance Patch?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaistorm
05.15.2012 , 11:54 PM | #1
It may be one of my legendary bad RNG luck streaks, but have any other crafters noticed that their chances to proc augment slots on orange gear seem much lower since Tuesday's maintenance patch?

Before, it would usually take around 5-10 tries for me to get an "Augmented" version. After the patch, I am finding that number at least doubled and it is taking 10-20+ tries to get ONE piece of augmented gear. I have found this to be true across all three of my crafters, a Synthweaver, an Armormech and an Armstech.

If it is just a run of bad luck, I will absorb the increased cost per piece and ride it out, but if this is a permanent change or a temporary bug, I would like to know so that I can readjust my prices accordingly or just stop wasting my time and mats. Thanks in advance for your experiences/insights, folks.

Deftek
05.16.2012 , 01:06 AM | #2
Not sure about that, but i have noticed a incredibly lower rate of dropped schematics from underworld trading missions. Out of the 100 missions i ran, I got a total of 3 schematic drops. Prior to the the patch, I would get about 10% drop rate on schematics. So I agree with OP that something was definitely adjusted. Now, whether it was intentional or not is the question..
"and thus ever goes the world. Fools laughing at what they cannot see and wise men foretelling what fools cannot comprehend."

Gomex
05.16.2012 , 02:39 AM | #3
been trying to crit a chest piece...made 24 currently and not one crit...also blows that my chest piece can't be RE'd even though it's orange( Ablasive Lacqerous Vest)

GnatB
05.16.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
Don't keep track of exact numbers, but...
~25 attempts, 0 crits custom lightsaber (No + crit art)
~30 attempts, 2 crit misc. custom weapons (No + crit arms. Both happened to be blaster rifles)
~25 attempts, 2 crit misc lowish level orange synthweaving gear (+5 crit synth)

All in all a fairly depressing evening. (also ~15 or so RE's, (20% success), with only 1 success) Still, well within the realms of probability.

'Course, I like to think of it making up for good luck over the weekend. (yeah, I know it doesn't really work that way) Don't think I did a single run of 5 w/o getting at least 1 crit, and in 1 of the batches, all 5 were crits. (on the lightsabers w no + crit bonus)

DavidHunt
05.16.2012 , 11:33 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
There was no intentional change to the rates.

Kaistorm
05.16.2012 , 09:56 PM | #6
Well, looks like it must be plain old bad luck if it's just us few. Dunno whether to be glad it's not a bug/change or sad that my luck is so horrendous at the moment. Hope the RNG is kind to all of you from now on. Thanks for the replies.

GnatB
05.17.2012 , 03:04 AM | #7
Well, for what it's worth, last session:

Artifice 2 successes out of 20 attempts (about half what I'd expect... note: even with my batch of 5 successes, my experience with artifice is it's nowhere even CLOSE to the 20% success rate I'd expect with no bonus, max affection, on a grey item)
Armstech 3 successes out of 15 (exactly what I'd expect)
Synthweaving 8 successes out of ~35 (just a shy short of what it should be, given +5 crit bonus, but some of the attempts (and 1 of the successes) were lvl 50 items, which possibly were orange?)

wainot-keel
05.17.2012 , 08:07 AM | #8
I wish there was a "crafting log", just like there's a combat log. We would be able to keep track of our crift crafts, RE attempts, returns on crew missions, etc.... I'd dig that a lot.... I know, I could alt-tab to desktop everytime and take a note, but that gets old very quickly

But back to the topic, I can't really say. I wanted my relic with an augment slot and I got it after a month of being in the dark. I got it on the first attempt after the last patch. I think they've been messing around with that, can't say to what extent of course. I'll have a taste at those chances once I get schematics for a nice set of boots and legs for my warrior, because frankly, that two-toed robot chicken look from the columni stuff makes me "w t f ?" everytime.

Esgard
05.17.2012 , 08:32 AM | #9
Hello guys, I want just to share some numbers (without any prejudice) with you. So the Skill is Armstech 345 points companion Kaliyo on 2775 affection the crafted items is Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol (lvl 50). After 17 tries I have 0 pistols with augment slot. Continuing and will update if there is some crit. Good luck on everyone else.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

GnatB
05.17.2012 , 04:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Esgard View Post
Hello guys, I want just to share some numbers (without any prejudice) with you. So the Skill is Armstech 345 points companion Kaliyo on 2775 affection the crafted items is Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol (lvl 50). After 17 tries I have 0 pistols with augment slot. Continuing and will update if there is some crit. Good luck on everyone else.
To be fair, you aren't exactly stacking the odds in your favor. The pistol is almost certainly orange for you at 345 skill, so that's a base 10%. With only 2776 affection, you're probably getting at most a 1% bonus to that, so 11%.

17 failures in a row on something with only 11% success isn't terribly unlikly. (~14% chance)

Basically, at that odds, each and every time craft that item, you have more chance of it being the first in a streak of 17 failures than you do of it actually being a crit.