Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Karagga HM

Tahana
05.15.2012 , 11:05 PM | #1
So we are running Karagga HM tonight (yeah I know we are behind the curve, but we only raid one night a week).. We are running Bonethrasher, one of our guys is standing on his backside health is around the 90% and all of a sudden he's down. We get a Brez off, rebuff and heal..

I'm standing behind him looking at his Jason Alexander tail from across the platform. Again I'm not at 100%, but all of a sudden I'm dead.

Anyone else experience this issue? I'm not lagging that I can tell. My ping isn't horrible its around 70ish or so which is pretty normal. I'm running a fairly decent machine (i7 with an ATI 6000 series card, 6 Gigs of Ram).. So I don't believe it is lag. When talking in vent people are like wth hit you? Oh and the Cats weren't even up yet.
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

Rock_Spider
05.15.2012 , 11:13 PM | #2
I havnt actually done the HM yet. Only storymode so far so I cant really help.

One thing I thought of though is maybe he has a new ability for HM? Did you closely look at his cast bar? Are you sure he isnt casting some new 1 shot kill spell that needs to be permanently interupted?

Thats pretty much the only thing I can think of. If you guys are average geared for a HM I dont see why he would 1 shot you unless its intentional and needs to be interupted.

ronniehenlau
05.15.2012 , 11:45 PM | #3
Hello!

Im guessing that the person who is getting oneshotted, is a melee? If not, get him far away from the boss. If he IS a melee, tell whoever is targeted by bonetrasher to stand the feck still and take it like a man! We've seen this several times, people running around like scared little kittens because they think they can outrun this boss. Truth is, you cant. Man up, eat that ****, dont kill your team. Follow this recipee, and you're golden!

If this wasnt it, and the melee was standing RIGHT behind him (not to any of the sides, but right behind him),then it's a bug, and should be reported with as many details as possible :-)

The_Butler
05.16.2012 , 08:14 AM | #4
OooooOoooo I have an alternative theory - was doing this on Friday and got one-shotted completley out of the blue!

I've done Bonethrasher Story and Hard many times and the only difference was that I had positioned myself slightly differently than normal and was standing on the spot where the band members appear at about 80% health.

I wondered if it was the Band spawning underneath me that triggered a weird instant death bug (or Karagaa decided he was eating me rather than the band).

Anyway I was at full health, Force Armoured, hadn't been pounded so couldn't think of any other reason apart from a weird bug.

Tahana
05.16.2012 , 11:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ronniehenlau View Post
Hello!

Im guessing that the person who is getting oneshotted, is a melee? If not, get him far away from the boss. If he IS a melee, tell whoever is targeted by bonetrasher to stand the feck still and take it like a man! We've seen this several times, people running around like scared little kittens because they think they can outrun this boss. Truth is, you cant. Man up, eat that ****, dont kill your team. Follow this recipee, and you're golden!

If this wasnt it, and the melee was standing RIGHT behind him (not to any of the sides, but right behind him),then it's a bug, and should be reported with as many details as possible :-)
The first guy was melee.. I play the 'Whack-a-Mole' guy.. (Healer).. I've done HM on this guy quite a few times.. Not a ton, but more than enough to have gotten the overall feel for the fight, and to have successfully completed it several times. We did have a different mix than normal as with summer approaching more and more people are going AFK from gaming for more active pastimes. (Its pretty standard in all of the guilds I have been a member).. and we are pulling fill ins from other teams if they are available.

As far as the strat, yeah we do the stand still and take it like a man maneuver as well. It is a heck of a lot easier than me trying to chase him down and heal him.

But It just felt off.. So I'm not sure if it is just my perceptions or not.. But like I said quite a few of us were going WTH with some of the deaths.. I did specifically because like I said I was looking at his posterior nether regions while healing and realizing that he looks like a large version of "Jason Alexander" in Shallow Hal with that tail.. lol
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

Codek
05.16.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
Haven't seen this type of stuff in a while so I was assuming it was fixed, but....

Occasionally he will target a player and prepare to the the cleave. While that's prepping, another player some how grabs agro and the boss faces a different direction. The issue is that the cleave will still land on the first player and by the time that happens, people have already shifted around.

Normally this isn't a problem, but if a player was just smashed into the ground nearby and got the double damage de-buff. That player has a high chance of getting 1-shot from this kind of issue.
~Codek