Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Obi-Wan seem more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why does Obi-Wan seem more powerful?

Eillack
05.16.2012 , 12:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Anakin lasted a hell of a lot longer then Obi-Wan did who was a master, while he was just a padawan. Also he got his forearm cut off not his entire arm.
Actually his entire arm DOES get cut off in Ep II if you look closely. In Ep III he magically only has his forearm gone.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2012 , 12:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Actually his entire arm DOES get cut off in Ep II if you look closely. In Ep III he magically only has his forearm gone.
Look again, its his forearm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LLXHabg#t=132s
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Velaran
05.16.2012 , 01:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No need for caps, and really I haven't watched TCW in quite some time. I heard about Maul coming back, before watching any episodes with him.
It was a pretty good arc, and you really get the feel for how broken Maul became after he was beaten by Obi-Wan.

When he starts talking about revenge, you want him to get it.

Malles
05.16.2012 , 03:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilishmutt View Post
EVERY time i watch STAR WARS i always wonder, Anakin Skywalker is supposed to really powerful right?
But why does Obi-wan Kenobi seem more powerful? im just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Because he's Obi-Wan Ke****ingnobi, that's why.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Darth_Solrac
05.16.2012 , 04:40 PM | #25
The Master was simply still the Master in that fight. Anakin was a noob Sith Lord/Darth in their duel. As such, he hadn't let learned how to control/channel his hate/passion as accomplished Sith Lords like Sidious knew to.

Soresu>>>Djem So too.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

DarthRaika
05.16.2012 , 04:56 PM | #26
ya anakin was a noob still and also I thought that the force is better for some people in different areas. Like even as a kid Anakin could win the pod racing crap and he was the best pilot in the universe as an adult. Obi was pretty much fighting only.

Still though I was dissapointed as well. I think the movie would have been much better if it showed something like Anakin eventually disarming Obi Wan and then pausing (he hadn't completely turned yet) and then something like a small discussion and then Anakin gets his nerve back right as Obi using force pull to get his lightsaber and then obi wan injures Anakin pretty severely since Anakin's guard was down. Then the whole thing of don't try it Anakin I am at the advantage would have been a great scene. At this point Anakin's rage could have gotten him killed. This would give the scene the meaning Lucas wanted and the fans what they wanted.

ScarletBlaze
05.16.2012 , 05:06 PM | #27
Basically if you will look at the fight Anakin was angry and most of the time when you fight out of anger you will not pay attention to what you are doing.

Obi-Wan on the other hand remained calm during the fight. It was until the fight was over that he got upset and reminded Anakin he was suppose to destroy the Sith not join them, bring the force in balance, not in shambles.. (parphasing).

Should Anakin have kept his emotions in check it might have turned out differently. He may have looked for a better opening than just jumping when Obi-Wan was already standing there. He didn't he let his emotions cloud his judgment.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2012 , 05:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Basically if you will look at the fight Anakin was angry and most of the time when you fight out of anger you will not pay attention to what you are doing.

Obi-Wan on the other hand remained calm during the fight. It was until the fight was over that he got upset and reminded Anakin he was suppose to destroy the Sith not join them, bring the force in balance, not in shambles.. (parphasing).

Should Anakin have kept his emotions in check it might have turned out differently. He may have looked for a better opening than just jumping when Obi-Wan was already standing there. He didn't he let his emotions cloud his judgment.
Though Obi-Wan took a big gamble on the cliff, how was he suppose to know it was going to work? He may have kept his emotions in check sure, but that moment could have swung in two different directions.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

gabarooni
05.16.2012 , 07:11 PM | #29
I always felt like Obi-Wan was the real Hero of Star Wars just like Samwise was the Real hero of Lord of the Rings.

Captain_Zone
05.16.2012 , 10:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
I always felt like Obi-Wan was the real Hero of Star Wars just like Samwise was the Real hero of Lord of the Rings.
That's because it's a family tradition to be a Hero in Star Wars. Ewan McGregor's uncle is Dennis Lawson, who played a minor character in the OT and survived all three movies. He also did something important in each one.

Spoiler
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.