Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for making Flashpoints not useless after in columi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Ideas for making Flashpoints not useless after in columi
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sancofa
05.19.2012 , 02:17 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by peterjohndevries View Post
AND YET AGAIN we have this tiring response to the BW fiasco. He is NOT talking about a game that is 7 years old. He is talking about a company that should have used 7 years of MMO experience in other games and figured out the BASICS of what worked and didn't work and combined them into something fantastic

Seriously - don't call a person with at least a reasonable amount of anger and frustration at BW a noob because they rightly believe that this MMO KILLER as it was announced would have at least taken the time and energy to create a step forward. Anyone who honestly thinks SWTOR has introduced anything novel, unique, or best of breed is dillusional!

I am playing this game and enjoy(ed) playing it but cannot overcome my overwhelming feeling if disapppointment that they simply focused on the wrong things in development and then screwed the operational roll-out so it has a much higher percentage than 50% of being dead in a year than lasting the so called 7 year benchmark.

Plain and simple - it's like the design team completely ignored all the amazing features of other games that could have been incorporated into this game and came out with same-old same-old with a different cover
I feel your pain. This game was made in a cave.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Sorry my english isn't very good looking

KarethRiker
05.19.2012 , 06:48 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Oh really? Hmmm... Incentivising its use. That's actually a pretty good idea, as I know many people, including myself, prefer not to use one.

Interesting.
Yeah I am really curious on the details of this. Is it that you have to use the tool and join a FPS with randoms? Is it HM FPS? Is it different amount of comma depending on how many you run? Lots of questions on how this will work in practice!

Smashbrother
05.20.2012 , 12:39 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by peterjohndevries View Post
AND YET AGAIN we have this tiring response to the BW fiasco. He is NOT talking about a game that is 7 years old. He is talking about a company that should have used 7 years of MMO experience in other games and figured out the BASICS of what worked and didn't work and combined them into something fantastic

Seriously - don't call a person with at least a reasonable amount of anger and frustration at BW a noob because they rightly believe that this MMO KILLER as it was announced would have at least taken the time and energy to create a step forward. Anyone who honestly thinks SWTOR has introduced anything novel, unique, or best of breed is dillusional!

I am playing this game and enjoy(ed) playing it but cannot overcome my overwhelming feeling if disapppointment that they simply focused on the wrong things in development and then screwed the operational roll-out so it has a much higher percentage than 50% of being dead in a year than lasting the so called 7 year benchmark.

Plain and simple - it's like the design team completely ignored all the amazing features of other games that could have been incorporated into this game and came out with same-old same-old with a different cover
With your logic every game that ever comes out has to be an improvement over the games that came before it. Yet, that's not how the real world works.

Mass Effect 3 for example is one of my favorite games and is nearly perfect in every way. Yet, the ending is a total disaster, and a game ending being good and satisfying is such a basic concept. According to your logic, since there have been many games that have done the "game ending" right in the past, Mass Effect 3 should have done it right too. But it didn't. Yet, it's still a great game and I still love it. People still love it.

peterjohndevries
05.20.2012 , 01:12 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
With your logic every game that ever comes out has to be an improvement over the games that came before it. Yet, that's not how the real world works.

Mass Effect 3 for example is one of my favorite games and is nearly perfect in every way. Yet, the ending is a total disaster, and a game ending being good and satisfying is such a basic concept. According to your logic, since there have been many games that have done the "game ending" right in the past, Mass Effect 3 should have done it right too. But it didn't. Yet, it's still a great game and I still love it. People still love it.
don't talk about logic if you have none. A game ending has to do with creative content and not game mechanics which I am talking about. And yes, every game MUST improve on game mechanics or it is nothing but the same game with a different facade. I actually think SWTOR has some briliant creative content - too bad there is no way to enjoy it with people on ghost worlds. Which makes me wonder even more how they could have screwed up end game armour so badly given the rest of the masterwork creative elements

Sasturm
05.21.2012 , 02:44 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
The Group Finder daily quest for Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 1.3 gives Black Hole Commendations.
Blackhole commendations are going to be obsolete for many people that have been raiding in 1.2. Why not add something else? A low chance to get an awesome speeder/mount as a reward. A special color crystal that ONLY has a chance to be awarded for completing the random LFG? A special social gear set, whose pieces have a low chance to drop through the LFG as a reward?

Im thinking back to WoW and how they had to offer something extra in their LFG (mounts, pets, gems).

Ancaglon
05.21.2012 , 04:04 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by RichyYoung View Post
The actual gear 1. Doesnt carry a set bonus .. so im not getting any yet im just saving bh comms verses my rakata.
The fact that the BH armoring DOESN'T carry a set bonus just means you can move the armoring and mods into your existing shell (Rakata, Columi OR Tionese!) and still keep the same set bonus. While it's true that right now, you can't get an augment slot with that route, we've been promised that 1.3 will add augment kits that will fix that. So, as long as you don't hate the look of your existing armor, it makes no sense to ignore BH, which in any case tends to have slightly better stats....

Koordynator
05.23.2012 , 07:41 AM | #37
The Group Finder daily quest for Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 1.3 gives Black Hole Commendations.
AYFKM? What's the point of rakata gear and HM EV and KP then if you can farm flashpoints in tinose/columi gear to get BH comms. Maybe make Nightmare modes of the flashpoints with BH comms not just give away the commendations to gear everyone up to q61 in less then 2 weeks... VERY, VERY BAD idea.

Nikei
05.23.2012 , 09:37 AM | #38
Yuck.

Why is it that Devs insist on incentivizing the least fun parts of their game instead of improving the experience?

Its still a PUG. Saying you must put up with a pug once a day to gain the best rate of gear acquisition doesn't make pugs better, it just makes people who have guilds/friends/social skills annoyed that they have a new hoop to jump through doing an activity they went to a lot of trouble to NOT have to put up with.

Please tell me I can grab 3 guildies, group up, and somehow trigger this reward?

Calsidian
05.23.2012 , 09:45 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Koordynator View Post
AYFKM? What's the point of rakata gear and HM EV and KP then if you can farm flashpoints in tinose/columi gear to get BH comms. Maybe make Nightmare modes of the flashpoints with BH comms not just give away the commendations to gear everyone up to q61 in less then 2 weeks... VERY, VERY BAD idea.
Less than 2 weeks? You're just pulling stuff out of your...

They didn't even say how many BH Comms you get. For all you know it's only a couple a week, which would still take you forever to get a set of BH gear. Stop freaking out.
o[//////////]ị::ị{{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"Use the force Luke." - Abraham Lincoln

Whizzer_
05.23.2012 , 10:42 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsidian View Post
Less than 2 weeks? You're just pulling stuff out of your...

They didn't even say how many BH Comms you get. For all you know it's only a couple a week, which would still take you forever to get a set of BH gear. Stop freaking out.
If you look at the video, here currently you get 5 BH Comms per Daily. There a three dailys
1) T1 HM Flashpoints
2) T2 HM Flashpoint (Lost Island)
3) Storymode OPs
Thats a max of 75 per week if you do 2 FPs per day and 3 OPs per Week (lockout?)