Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the gear req for denova?

shadowopsx
05.15.2012 , 09:43 PM | #1
I was just wondering what the reccomended gear was for Denova. What gear do the healer, tanks, and DPS have to have? We have 2 full geared rakata, 1 full geared healer, both taks are liek 70/30 rakata/columi and i was wondering if that was good enough. If anyone has any insight it would be helpful and appreciated, thanks.

Kaisies
05.15.2012 , 09:55 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowopsx View Post
I was just wondering what the reccomended gear was for Denova. What gear do the healer, tanks, and DPS have to have? We have 2 full geared rakata, 1 full geared healer, both taks are liek 70/30 rakata/columi and i was wondering if that was good enough. If anyone has any insight it would be helpful and appreciated, thanks.
I would say thats enough. However it won't seem that way, just due to learning the mechanics of the fights.

Ganrax
05.15.2012 , 09:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowopsx View Post
At least full Columi for Story Mode, full or near full Rakata for Hardmode. More gear is obviously always better as well so if you're having trouble don't hesitate to get more Rakata from EV/KP.

Hojdar
05.16.2012 , 01:24 AM | #4
Well if you're all geared in full columni you should be alright. As someone else posted, the difficulty of the fights however can seem pretty overwhelming compared to EV and KP, but it's perfectly doable

DeltaEkotte
05.16.2012 , 06:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
At least full Columi for Story Mode, full or near full Rakata for Hardmode. More gear is obviously always better as well so if you're having trouble don't hesitate to get more Rakata from EV/KP.
I don't know, my guild has tried devona most week ends on story mode and we have only gotten to the stormcaller tank fight and most are full or near full rakata with matrix cubes. Just my two cents, but I would say full rakata for story and war hero/black hole gear for hard mode.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist

DyasAlue
05.16.2012 , 08:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaEkotte View Post
I don't know, my guild has tried devona most week ends on story mode and we have only gotten to the stormcaller tank fight and most are full or near full rakata with matrix cubes. Just my two cents, but I would say full rakata for story and war hero/black hole gear for hard mode.
My guild made it to last boss. I don't have full columi.

Bounty

Parse

As you can see I have bad DPS, and I am under geared. Yes this is story mode, but knowing the fight is WAY more important than gear. Good team work makes all the difference. We spent most attempts on minefield. We decided due to turret enrage to just pick a line and go straight. I viewed that as a dps race and we made it.

My 2 credits.

EDIT:
I do want to note. On that run I did not have the BH ear yet (was crafted purple), the Rakata Implant yet (Was columi), or the Rakata boots (were columi). I earned BH comms for ear on that run. I finished my dailies to by implant after that run. and boots dropped on that run. So take in account I had less than you see on my char.

Knowledge is power.
Server: Kass City | Name: Bounty | Level: 50 |
Class: | Alignment: IV
Gear

jacengotpwned
05.16.2012 , 11:29 AM | #7
If your raid group is fully rakata geared, you should easily be able to do story mode EC. Story EC is tuned for Columi geared players, while HM is tuned for Rakata plus. The best raid groups have cleared HM EC in Rakata gear with little to no Campaign. For EC, skill level and coordination are much more important than gear. The skill requirement for EC is much higher than Tier 1 raids. Also, War Hero gear is much worse than Rakata for PvE content.

To the OP, as long as your group is good, you are more than geared enough for Story Mode EC.

Ganrax
05.16.2012 , 11:33 AM | #8
I'm gonna have to disagree with you. The fights are more difficult due to mechanics but the gear requirements aren't that bad. My guild will bring in anyone that is at least in full Columi and we clear Story Mode in 1 night for BH Comms and to get those people some Rakata gear so we can bring them to HM. Hell we even did an alt night in there a week ago where we brought our alts in and anyone that couldn't make it earlier in the week. We had a lot of trouble(due to the fact that my Shadow alt is in a mix of tanking Rakata mods, Corellia commendation mods, and daily mods with no set bonus as a DPS spec for that night and we had a Sage DPSing in Columi Healing gear). We ended up downing the first boss even with that setup before we found someone to replace my alt.

Aenene
05.16.2012 , 12:08 PM | #9
as most have said, the biggest hurdle is learning the mechanics. If you do not have them right, even being in full rakata will not help you push through bad strats, poor placement and timing, and people not paying attention/listening/working hard. You will notice your group will hit a wall on a particular encounter, and then its time to tweak what you are doing. then Boom, you go from hitting a wall at 80% each try to getting them all the way the next by just figuring out a specific mechanic.

Carrying a few players through a Story is not out of the realm of possible depending on the gear makeup and skill of everyone else.
Aenene: Merc Healer [50]
<Kandosii> GM & RL
Mandalore the Indomitable

Aurojiin
05.16.2012 , 03:01 PM | #10
My thoughts: for story mode, full Columi is sufficient, if you can execute the mechanics. That being said, you won't have a lot of leeway to carry anyone.

For hardmode, full Rakata, with the exception of your healers, who can happily be in a Rakata/Columi mix.