Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I delete Origin?

nellosmomishot
05.15.2012 , 03:51 PM | #1
Title. I just want to make sure it's not going to screw with the launcher if I delete the bloatware that came with the digital deluxe edition.

kiolov
05.15.2012 , 03:53 PM | #2
you DL it in the first place? i got the DDE never DL origin.

grezgorz
05.15.2012 , 04:05 PM | #3
I wish I could delete it from existence.

TalkingDinosaur
05.15.2012 , 04:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nellosmomishot View Post
Title. I just want to make sure it's not going to screw with the launcher if I delete the bloatware that came with the digital deluxe edition.
SW:TOR does not require Origin on your computer to play.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

mathisk
05.15.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
Nothing in SWTOR relies on Origin or the Origin client/downloader. So you should be able to delete (uninstall it, whatever) it safely.

If you need to re-download SWTOR, you can get the installer client downloaded from your SWTOR account page.

Ellvaan
05.16.2012 , 02:47 AM | #6
Greetings everyone!

We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to help the thread author with their question!

We wanted to provide you with the following information from our Launch FAQ under the Origin sub-section which may assist you with your question:

Quote:
If I uninstall Origin will it affect my ability to play Star Wars: The Old Republic?

You can still play the Game without Origin but will lose the add-on features that Origin provides.
We hope this helps!

zejaie
05.16.2012 , 03:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nellosmomishot View Post
You can uninstall origin without any problems with the launcher. It is absolutely not needed.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!