Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashing issue Via Quest on Taris

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashing issue Via Quest on Taris

Psycosiis
12.18.2011 , 02:15 AM | #1
So early today I was questing on Taris moving along at a pretty solid pace. I go to turn in a quest called "Recounting the Republic" and as soon as I walk through the entrance door, BOOM, instant lag. Luckily I was queued for PvP at the same time and was able to accept my queue pop.

PvP went on Lag free for the entire match and as soon as I port back out. Instant Lag again. 30 seconds later I crash.

I have repeatedly tried logging back in but its too laggy to click Quick Travel or even turn around to the outside of the door.

I made another alt character and have no issues on him and also went to a friends house and still could not log in even on his PC.

I know for a FACT this is not a PC issue on my part and its more of a zone issue.

WARNING: Stay away from Recounting the Republic.

Plea: Please fix this issue now I just want to play again....

Truwind
12.18.2011 , 02:19 AM | #2
yeah that happened to me, theres a thread about it, Right now for some dumbreason someone changed something server side, which makes your SWTOR launch 2 .exe eating all of your avail memory; Causing lag and hard crashes.

Psycosiis
12.18.2011 , 02:21 AM | #3
Thanks for the quick, polite response. Know where I can find this thread? Any idea when they will fix the issue?

I'd cry if a dev saw this and fixed it because I was cruising along and now I'm bored.

Dinn
12.18.2011 , 02:27 AM | #4
Just want to add confirmation to this post. I have a 6950 running the comp and 8 gb of ram and at the lowest setting possible I am getting huge FPS dips. Game is constantly acting like its about to freeze up but doesnt but then it eventually freezes up and I have to close it. Very unplayable but I am not at the point where I can move on from taris yet, I am almost sure Ill have to suck it up.

Psycosiis
12.18.2011 , 02:32 AM | #5
I had no issues with any fps at all. I'm almost 100% sure its purely the zoning issue.

I'm not angry that I'm stuck, I'm angry that my ticket won't get answered for days because 500.000 people ahead of me have very small issues that are probably irrelevant.