Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subs down 25%

Sabilok
05.07.2012 , 02:11 PM | #1
EA just released their earnings and Star Wars subs are down 25% for the quarter. This can't be a good thing. Can we get server mergers ASAP?

Added link

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-...?siteid=yhoof2

Noviru
05.15.2012 , 03:20 PM | #2
Hello everyone,

This thread has been recreated because the previous version has exceeded our post threshold of 1,000 posts. Please continue to use this thread for any discussion on the updated subscription numbers from the earnings call.

A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:
  • Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Don't make spam posts like "first," "in before the lock," or "bump."
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.
For related discussions, please see the following threads:
Thank you for understanding.

BJWyler
05.15.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa
Old Today , 04:38 PM | #1029
Hey guys,

I rarely, if ever, post on the forum here...but I thought I would let you know something important:

Torstatus.net shows that almost every single server went into the negative after Diablo 3 release.

Also, I know you guys want to argue with people about how much you love SWTOR, yet you aren't playing it...

But, I think no one is responding because they are too busy playing Diablo 3 while you are still angry.

Hope this helps. May the force be with you and the three players left on your server.
First of all - the stats were like that for most of last week (except for the bottom half of the US servers, which were in the green for most of the week).
Second - uhmm, no - from the looks of things pretty much no one is playing D3 much because (OMG!!!!) the servers have been down throughout the day since release.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Goretzu
05.15.2012 , 04:11 PM | #4
Quote:
I think eq1 and uo were actualy nastier, people were alot more invested in their characters because of the time and dificulty it took to make them. and if you screwed with that , watch out!

Its the same reason people rage agasint mmo companies today.
The EQ1 forums were pretty much lawless. Made Mos Eisley look like a nunnery.

I dunno whether it's just the usual rose-tinted glasses that make people think things were better in the old days, or whether they just weren't there, but it's strange to see people saying EQ1 (or even vannilla WoW) wasn't bad, it was.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

JeramieCrowe
05.15.2012 , 04:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
The EQ1 forums were pretty much lawless. Made Mos Eisley look like a nunnery.

I dunno whether it's just the usual rose-tinted glasses that make people think things were better in the old days, or whether they just weren't there, but it's strange to see people saying EQ1 (or even vannilla WoW) wasn't bad, it was.
Just proof that haters are going to hate, and they need only the smallest imperfection to do so.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Mallorik
05.15.2012 , 04:29 PM | #6
I put the rabid haters and the head in the sand fanboys in the same category. Neither offer any reality based soloutions and both would have a negative impact on the games if the devs ever listened to them.

JeramieCrowe
05.15.2012 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
I put the rabid haters and the head in the sand fanboys in the same category. Neither offer any reality based soloutions and both would have a negative impact on the games if the devs ever listened to them.
Agreed 100%.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Blistrich
05.15.2012 , 04:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Just proof that haters are going to hate, and they need only the smallest imperfection to do so.
So... SWTOR's problem is that it has a "small imperfection"?

Frankie || Gunslinger || Harbinger
Twelve systems and counting...
SWTOR RvR: A Game Changing Concept

JeramieCrowe
05.15.2012 , 04:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blistrich View Post
So... SWTOR's problem is that it has a "small imperfection"?
Wow, I figured we'd get to page 2, at LEAST, before someone put words in my mouth.

Blistrich
05.15.2012 , 04:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Wow, I figured we'd get to page 2, at LEAST, before someone put words in my mouth.
I just skipped ahead to the end of the story.

I could see where it was going anyway.

Frankie || Gunslinger || Harbinger
Twelve systems and counting...
SWTOR RvR: A Game Changing Concept