Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only ONE key to redeem?

Krylonite
12.13.2011 , 11:22 AM | #1
I pre-ordered "SWTOR Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order" as listed on my Origin client.

After purchasing it through the Origin online store, they emailed me giving only ONE key, listed as Product Key.

So I redeemed this key, and under Code Redemption I see the following:

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

So it seems like I only got the pre order key, since when I click on My Account on this SWTOR website, it says I have yet to Redeem Product Registration Code.

Did I get ripped off by Origin store?

Krylonite
12.13.2011 , 11:33 AM | #2
bump,

fyoolie
12.13.2011 , 11:33 AM | #3
Afaik they will send you another code for the actual launch. I might be wrong, but that's what I've been reading.

LOSRinzler
12.13.2011 , 11:34 AM | #4
No. The product registration code is the actual copy of the game - where as the preorder code is the code you get for early access. You should get a product code from origin @ launch.
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

Meetstick
12.13.2011 , 11:35 AM | #5
In a word, no.

You will be e-mailed the product key. I believe I read that those e-mails would go out the 16th, but I could be wrong on the date. If you notice, you haven't been CHARGED for the full game yet by Origin, just the $5 pre-order fee. Whey they charge you, they'll give you the code. And you will have it prior to the 20th, which is when you need it.

Krylonite
12.13.2011 , 11:36 AM | #6
Is it possible, however, to play Early Access (if you've redeemed it) without having redeemed the "Product Registration Code" on the My Account page?

Tigrin
12.13.2011 , 11:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Krylonite View Post
Is it possible, however, to play Early Access (if you've redeemed it) without having redeemed the "Product Registration Code" on the My Account page?
yes

The pre-order registration key allows early access. The Origin will email you the "product key" that you then register to continue after the 20th.
People need to be lead - and told what to do.

Krylonite
12.13.2011 , 11:41 AM | #8
I greatly appreciate all the replies that fully addressed my question.

Thanks

Fahfrd
12.13.2011 , 11:42 AM | #9
Here's the problem I'm having. I pre-ordered the CE edition. I received the pre-order code via mail several months back and registered it to my account. I've downloaded the client and even playtested during the late November betas. However now when I go to enter it via the checklist on my account page for early access I get the "code has already been used" message.

So my question is do I need to ignore the checklist of things to do pre-launch on the account pages, and just try to log into the game? Or is there a glitch with the pre-order codes for Early Access and some of us are going to get screwed about getting in the game until the 20th even though we pre ordered?

Fahfrd
12.13.2011 , 11:45 AM | #10
Bumpitty bumpitty bump