Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

+stat guide for casuals

shatejesla
05.15.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
I'm hoping I can find a not-beginner but not-hardcore guide to which stats to go for. I'm not exactly a new new player, but I am a casual player. I know what each of the stats do, but I have a snitch of a time finding the right balance. For example: For WZ on my 50 inf shadow, I tried to get will, plus lots of crit and surge. Plus expertise of course. But now I've run into the very significant issue of being super squishy from not enough end, defense, etc.

Is there a thread out there with optimum levels, ratio, something? I started backpedaling and getting some recruit kc gear, but all that's done is sink my dps and delay my death by about 5 seconds.

Oh, and yes, I need to L2P, but even as my skill increases, my stats are still not helping me. Thanks!

BebeLeBozo
05.15.2012 , 02:19 PM | #2
I suggest looking in the shadow advance class subforum in the Classes forum. There you will find specific AC playguides, builds, tips, etc.

stuffandthat
05.15.2012 , 08:01 PM | #3
Have a look at this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=88942

I came across it yesterday. It helped a lot. Although I don't know how good it is as the poster pretty much says to only focus on your primary stat. What I couldn't work out is if you focus only on improving your primary stat and ignore all the rest, then just say if you're playing as a consular, do you only equip items if they improve your willpower? What if the items increase your willpower but decrease your strength or endurance or whatever it may be?
It's a trap

Eternalnight
05.15.2012 , 09:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffandthat View Post
And it's not really what the OP is asking for.

Quote:
Although I don't know how good it is
It's not that hard to understand.

Quote:
as the poster pretty much says to only focus on your primary stat. What I couldn't work out is if you focus only on improving your primary stat and ignore all the rest,
No actually it does not.
It says to not to use anything with other classes primary stats.

Quote:
then just say if you're playing as a consular, do you only equip items if they improve your willpower?
No.
You equip items which increase willpower and/or any secondary stats useful to your role.

Quote:
What if the items increase your willpower but decrease your strength
Any items a consular is going to equip do not ever decrease their strength because they are never going to have any strength in their gear in the first place so there is nothing to decrease. The only strength they are going to ever have is what they have without gear.

Sure strength does give them melee bonus damage and crit, but they don't need it at all because:

-if a consular is Sage advanced class, he is basically designed to use only force powers and never use any melee attacks at all, so strength is completely useless to them.

-if a consular is Shadow advanced then their willpower is going to give them both melee damage and force damage while strength only gives melee damage so it would be stupid for them to wear an item with stat that only increases one type of damage instead of a stat that increases all types of damage they do.

Quote:
or endurance
Of course if someone is tank he would rather choose items with more endurance than their class primary stat, while damage dealer and healer would choose items with more of their primary stat than endurance.

Both of them would still only have their own classes primary stat and endurance in their gear (and some other secondary stats later) but they would not have any of the other classes primary stats at all.

Quote:
or whatever it may be?
Really, this is too much off-topic so just see this guide:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=456990

Ellvaan
05.16.2012 , 01:51 AM | #5
Greetings everyone!

Thank you for all the constructive and helpful responses! We do have a few resources available that may be of use regarding stats and their function per class.

The following community created guide is located in our New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources:

An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others by BlackRifle

You can find more information and community member created guides located in the Class forums. This following guide in the Shadow's sub-forum may also be of particular use to you:

The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0 by Zintair

We hope this helps!