Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Star Wars over explained?

LeeC
05.16.2012 , 05:40 AM | #11
I thought he said "Thats what you said last season."

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2012 , 07:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
I thought he said "Thats what you said last season."
Nope.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LeeC
05.16.2012 , 10:21 AM | #13
I think the force was over explained in tPM with the midiclorians and all the prequels try to show more and more of the universe at the expense of the story (which is why the PT seems flat compared to the OT) There is just too much of nothing going on that then tries to get explained in EU or by the fans and it tumbles from there.

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2012 , 10:44 AM | #14
I think the force was over explained in tPM with the midiclorians and all the prequels try to show more and more of the universe at the expense of the story (which is why the PT seems flat compared to the OT) There is just too much of nothing going on that then tries to get explained in EU or by the fans and it tumbles from there.
The Force wasn't really over explained, its still mystic and everything. The only thing that was explained, is how one is able to communicate with it if it weren't for that then there would be billions upon billions of jedi/sith in the galaxy when thats not how they are suppose to be.

LeeC
05.16.2012 , 10:47 AM | #15
I'd rather they keep some of the mystery though. Instead of doing a blood test I'd rather they just sense Anakin's power.

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2012 , 10:49 AM | #16
I'd rather they keep some of the mystery though. Instead of doing a blood test I'd rather they just sense Anakin's power.
Pretty sure Qui-Gon did, and he probably wanted the blood sample to double check what he was already suspecting.

LeeC
05.16.2012 , 11:11 AM | #17
His suspicious were razed because Anakin had force like reflexes to be able to pilot a pod racer without crashing (most humans are not co-ordination to do so) and that anakin had visions of the future. Plus the whole jedi philosophy of "everything happens for a reason." he then gave him a blood test. If it were like in ANH where Vader sensed Kenobi it would have kept the extra-natural mystery of the force.

But that's one little jawa's opinion.

Captain_Zone
05.16.2012 , 05:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well really, all you needed to really know why Luke was happy to see Biggs was because he was his friend. Remember at the dinner table?

Owen: "Look its only one more season."

Luke: "Ya thats what you said when Biggs and Tank left."

Beru: "Where are you going?"

Luke: "Looks like im going nowhere, I have to go finish cleaning those droids."

- Luke leaves scene-

Beru: "Owen he can't stay here forever, most of his friends have gone. It means so much to him."

Own: "I'll make it up to him next year, I promise."

Beru: "Luke's just not a farmer Owen, he has too much of his father in him."

Owen: "Thats what im afraid of."

-Cut scene to sunset and the awesomeness of John Williams music-

Ok sorry got carried away. :P
Oh, I know all that NOW. But when I first saw it, I didn't put two and two together. Hey, I was a little kid when it came out in the theaters the first time.

Then several years after RotJ came out, I picked up all three novelizations and read them. They filled in the blanks nicely.

My point is that some people miss stuff when they watch the movie, and only reading the books really gets everything to click into place. Even the Prequels were like that. In fact, we didn't get actual names for some of the characters until they were labelled on the old Kenner Action Figures back in the day. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2012 , 05:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Oh, I know all that NOW. But when I first saw it, I didn't put two and two together. Hey, I was a little kid when it came out in the theaters the first time.

Then several years after RotJ came out, I picked up all three novelizations and read them. They filled in the blanks nicely.

My point is that some people miss stuff when they watch the movie, and only reading the books really gets everything to click into place. Even the Prequels were like that. In fact, we didn't get actual names for some of the characters until they were labelled on the old Kenner Action Figures back in the day. lol
Lol, I would like to know however who this 'Tank' was.

Captain_Zone
05.16.2012 , 11:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Lol, I would like to know however who this 'Tank' was.
Here he is. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Janek_Sunber
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.