Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

gearing up

Camicam
05.15.2012 , 07:31 AM | #1
hey anyone out there know weather i should gear up for strength or critical for my marauder?

Erevan_Kindelar
05.15.2012 , 07:42 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Camicam View Post
hey anyone out there know weather i should gear up for strength or critical for my marauder?
Strength to begin with while leveling, but then it depends to a degree on your spec.

If you are going Annihilation (sustained DPS bbut reduced burst), I would say continue stacking Strength but don't pass up a chance to add Critical and Endurance if you can do it without sacrificing Strength.
If you are going Carnage (burst DPS/Rage generation) then when you start getting pieces with +Crit on them, start stacking that and take Strength as a Secondary Stat.

Also bear in mind when stacking that you will see diminishing returns (adding an extra +10 Stength will always help, but if you are already at 800 Strength, the gain is not that high... in which case a little extra Crit or Endurance might be a good idea).

Also bear in mind that +Power stats will increase your baseline damage in a similar way to +Strength, and +Surge will increase the size of your Criticals, so they will also be worth a look depending on your setup.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Ellvaan
05.16.2012 , 03:34 AM | #3
Greetings CamiCam!

You can find some great resources in our New Player Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources such as this thread:

An Easy Guide to Primary Stats and Others by BlackRifle

You can find additional community created guides located in the Class forums more specific to the class you are interested in.

Thank you Erevan_Kindelar for taking the time to answering the thread author's question in such a helpful way!

We hope this helps!

Blackardin
05.16.2012 , 04:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Camicam View Post
As a quick reference anytime you may need it, just open your character sheet and scan over the skills. Mouse over your primary stats (strength, aim, cunning etc.). The one that affects the most secondary stats (shows a number of secondary stats) is your primary. Same, same for your companion.
May the Schwartz be with you....