Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On Companions

kirorx
02.09.2013 , 10:53 PM | #81
All of this

What about advanced companion class options: Choose between dps, healer or tank for each companion

Legacy Companions: Share companions amongst legacy, If a companion is at max affection allow that companion to be unlocked for all classes. Obviously you lose out on some character vo in storyline but they can say the same basic stuff when arriving on a planet an stuff.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

TheHunterC
02.22.2013 , 11:55 PM | #82
/signed
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

Aries_cz
02.23.2013 , 02:01 AM | #83
Sharing companions? No, that would make no sense at all cross-faction. Maybe not even cross-class, as some companions are with that exact player character for their own reasons that would not be fulfilled by anyone else, or are bound to them by orders/honor (Khem, SCORPIO, etc). Sometimes not even maxing out their affection does not change that.
Each class has basically the same companions (mDPS, rDPS, mTank, rTank, Heal), so you are not missing on any role, and they are written to fit your character storyline. Pairing Khem with Agent would not make sense for example...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

SithKoriandr
02.23.2013 , 02:50 AM | #84
I saw no where, any mention of giving us the ability to kill or remove from ship! *stares at Skadge*
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

djriot
03.22.2013 , 12:20 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Yep yep and yep.

Good job collecting all these!
I'm surprised that they didn't have same sex romance.. its almost disappointing what about G/L/T
im sure people would love to be able to do as they want since they are once again creating there own story.

Admiraltechie
03.22.2013 , 01:42 PM | #86
I have read most of these and I agree with a lot of the ideas. I would like to see more with the other companions other than the first in terms of going on the missions with them. However in that respect I also think it would be fun if you could temporarily take control of that companion (ex. Kira for the Jedi Knight) to do the mission. In the two KOTOR games you had at least one mission where that was the case. So maybe the character you created does not go on the mission with them, and an other member of the crew goes instead.

This is just a thought and something that I think would be interesting.

Raistalion
03.23.2013 , 03:45 AM | #87
I agree with all of this, especially giving the characters who don't have a "skin" texture one so they can make use of all the new Cartel Items. And that we need a way to "kit" a companion so we can change their ability focus, I'd love to have Kira as a healer for me Sentinel.

- Raith
(Vedros anima est mea!)

TW-Cool
03.23.2013 , 10:48 AM | #88
I still want to see the to option of same sex romances.

Also, I love the option to pull out more than one companion like KOTOR. However, I'm sure they will create balance issues with mobs, so then for now, they could just let us pull out more in FPs or instanced locations. The instance could scale up depending on how many comps we have out (1 or 2 or 3). Can you imagine all your comps talking at once about how they just killed an enemy? Very interesting.

Treeba
03.25.2013 , 08:53 PM | #89
Agree.

It saddens me they won't be extending the individual stories, but if they don't start adding something to do with our old companions (NOT just new ones) I don't think I'll stick around.

Sith-Viscera
04.17.2013 , 02:15 PM | #90
I noticed, every since the gree event that when one is able to get the gree floating cube and gree starship. You can have the Cube out along with your companion, and as well as the floating gree ship. So giving that means there is 3 spots along aside your player, one companion and 2 pets or in this case though its 2 gree toys. You cant have 2 animal pets out at same time with your companion but you can at least with the 2 gree toys u can. What im getting at is, if i can have next to me a companion and the 2 gree toys floating around me, WHY CANT I HAVE 3 COMPANIONS IN ALL WITH MY PLAYER, Or at least 2 companions? In the old KOTOR I & II, you could have 2 Companions. So give us now at least 2 companions, to fight along side of our players.....